RippleFan4124

Finding hope in dark times

2 hours ago, ripplewaytogo said:

Don’t need to, he is certain I have made a lemon by investing in this thing..........

Only 3 and half years to go and I am getting bit annoyed with all these silly prices.....

We all feel doubts and sometimes wonder if we are lemons.   This is not a personal failure, it is just part of being willing to be a trailblazer.  The sort of personality that wins.  You have chosen to go into uncharted territory and work inside unregulated markets controlled by whales.  Your entry points are guesswork because XRP has no fundamental value but if we have judged it right the rewards will be huge. 

Prices are not a good guide to telling us if Ripple have got their strategy right! 

5 hours ago, Cooliozxrp said:

Yep need other fools to buy our heavy bags like in January 2018 to gain money..oh wait!

That’s one way to think of it I suppose but not how I view it. I’m waiting for it to become the standard for moving value around the globe. It’ll be worth far more. Trying to sell to other speculators sounds like a **** poor approach.

I see your observation. That’s a great point. Remittances are vastly improved with xCurrent and not using XRP.

Does this imply then that there’s no future room for improvement using xRapid and XRP? We’re all done?

We may, we may not. The strategy they’ve stated all along is growth of the network and to get them used to new applications. Using XRP from day one would be great but I don’t think adoption works like that. Crawl, walk, run.

I’m pretty sure this reference is for adoption and not XRP price. I’m guessing XRP price will perform differently once big time adoption of everything takes over. I may be right and I may be wrong. Time will tell. 

6 minutes ago, Roaring_Twenties said:

I see your observation. That’s a great point. Remittances are vastly improved with xCurrent and not using XRP.

Does this imply then that there’s no future room for improvement using xRapid and XRP? We’re all done?

We may, we may not. The strategy they’ve stated all along is growth of the network and to get them used to new applications. Using XRP from day one would be great but I don’t think adoption works like that. Crawl, walk, run.

I’m pretty sure this reference is for adoption and not XRP price. I’m guessing XRP price will perform differently once big time adoption of everything takes over. I may be right and I may be wrong. Time will tell. 

Remittance speed has improved without the need for current, xrp bagholders overestimate how influential ripple actually is

Perhaps. I think the jury is still out on how this all plays out. I’m not an insider with any real intel. As far as I can tell there’s a lot of unknowns still. I think anyone making a call one way or another today still has an opportunity to be wrong. The one thing I don’t do is proclaim that I have all the answers. I’d ignore anyone here who claims anything with certainty.

2 hours ago, Doubletap said:

Hate to be a party pooper but have you tried sending money internationally lately ? 

Things move quite fast now without beloved XRP 

I understand the ripple business case is that payments move fast but at a high cost. Someone takes the risk pre-settlement so you get instant closed transaction and gets paid by you for taking on the risk. XRP use eliminates that risk/cost. Also, try doing any of that with micropayments. 

On 7/15/2019 at 6:41 PM, Sepp said:

I can only say patience, I don't want to be put away like a bearableguy123. I know from a reliable source that a number of European banks are seriously sitting around the table for using xrp. and believe me, this is not nonsense, I have been able to view various papers and e-mails from my client.

According the link below, european banks like abn amro and ing have other plans than wanting to use xrp, so i don't know what or who to believe anymore.

Al i know is that xrp didn't lift off with the other coins the past few months, and now it's pulled even further lower than it was in januari, so xrp is like the titanic

and the hodl preachers are the orchestra that keeps on playing "i keep holding on" from simply red until the very end.

https://www.crypto-insiders.nl/nieuws/shell-bp-abn-amro-ing-en-meer-lanceren-nieuw-blockchain-platform/

Well, i'm thinking of going to swap my xrp's for dollars, because that's THE most safe coin at this moment, and then wait where this whole circus is going.

40 minutes ago, minicuzzo said:

What dark times??? Xrp was at $ 0.006 two years ago

Most people stepped into crypto short after the ath, so alot of people bought xrp when it was around 1 dollar, because alot of "experts"

said that it would go to the moon. And here we are at 30 cents. i wish that i sold mine when they were 45 cents about a month ago,

but i gues that it's not to late, because it looks like xrp is going to dive alot deeper than those 30 cent right now.

And now that all coins follow btc al the way down, i'm thinking of swap my xrp for dollars, because liek i also already said

that's the most safe investment at this moment, and then wait and watch where this whole circus is going.

And i sure never ever wil listen to the so called "experts" ever again.

Idk..before i invested most people were telling me to not invest more than i could effort to lose and do my own research.This was written everywhere.I always took moon lambo talk as a joke.Hodl for me means being patient for at least another 3 years. Do what you think is best for you. Good luck 

1 hour ago, retep said:

Most people stepped into crypto short after the ath, so alot of people bought xrp when it was around 1 dollar, because alot of "experts"

said that it would go to the moon. And here we are at 30 cents. i wish that i sold mine when they were 45 cents about a month ago,

And i sure never ever wil listen to the so called "experts" ever again.

Not knocking you, but who were these experts that you talk of? I know stock brokers that wouldn’t touch crypto with a barge pole.

I bought into crypto as a long shot and enjoy the excitement of it rising and falling, but surely any grown up would not have only listened to ‘experts’ that they have never met, nor experts that probably never called themselves experts and they probably always said “I am not a finacial advisor” etc etc.

This is the wild west, which unlikely as it seems make us some profits, but more likely make most of us a  bunch of losses.

We all must take responsibility for our own trading decisions not blame others.

Good luck with your investments. 

6 hours ago, retep said:

According the link below, european banks like abn amro and ing have other plans than wanting to use xrp, so i don't know what or who to believe anymore.

Al i know is that xrp didn't lift off with the other coins the past few months, and now it's pulled even further lower than it was in januari, so xrp is like the titanic

and the hodl preachers are the orchestra that keeps on playing "i keep holding on" from simply red until the very end.

https://www.crypto-insiders.nl/nieuws/shell-bp-abn-amro-ing-en-meer-lanceren-nieuw-blockchain-platform/

Well, i'm thinking of going to swap my xrp's for dollars, because that's THE most safe coin at this moment, and then wait where this whole circus is going.

Quite the opposite. I am a dutch banker and I tell you the banking world is winking towards digital assets. As they are a faster and cheaper way to transfer money. Just the supply of options and rumors is too broad. Some banks are working on their own ways to transfer money cheaper. One way or the other, prices of Cryptocurrencies will only redouble. Investment tip, and yes financial advice: Do not sell assets that find themselves in the red sea. 

To all the losers in this thread who are despairing and being pessimistic just cause you didn't get MOON!!! you expected I only have one piece of advice for you. Sell your stash and recover your losses and go somewhere else. Impatient people who can't stomach the ups and downs of this market do not deserve 10-20 or even 100 time return on their investment. 

Word of advise just go back in time in this same forum you so cluelessly post and have a look at threads dating back to 2016 and 2017. Heck in 2017 XRP hit an all time high in May only to come back crashing down extremely hard and remained at a stagnate price for the next 7 month  while the entire crypto market was skyrocketing. I have zero doubt that if any of you losers were around during that time you would be spouting the same nonsense I see in threads on this forum nowadays and probably would have exited your investment and went and put it into any other crypto moving up just to miss XRP skyrocketing from 0.2 to 3.9 in a matter of days.

If you ain't got the stomach, ain't got the guts and ain't got fortitude to remain in this market exit and go home. This ain't no market for despair moonboys this is a place for people who have done their research properly understand the risk and is willing to take that risk for some life changing money.