Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
bryce

XRP Roundup - Why I am buying

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, ringer2 said:

 People have been using charts to predict a reversal of the bear market for over a year now. Just saying. 

And there have been higher lows since Sept 2018  August 14 2018, that is a reversal from the previous trend of lower lows.

Edited by bryce
Updated the low date, had it wrong as @ringer2 noted

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bryce said:

Fill up that hopium pipe, here's my stress free run down of where we are at:

Charts We look to be heading down to the long term bear reversal line, which I peg at around 43c AUD, this is concerning, but not surprising. We should see a strong bounce here, or a dip under then back up. I am buying. 

image.thumb.png.68a04b8b24a2eef464e7360e731cba09.png

Correlating with the BTC/USD chart, we are at a decision point with BTC, will we push up through this chop zone, or pull back. I am betting on BTC pulling back to 9k USD before it runs again. This will drag XRP down, likely below the long term support momentarily. This is where I will buy, hopefully around 36-38c AUD.

image.thumb.png.11aa7aaf666de46f0fe002722c7dc1eb.png

This price reversal will be temporary, and should not be feared. Why?

Fundamentals! Ripple is poised to drop some serious news into the market which will actually move us.

Trumps tweet about crypto was about calling out "non-regulated" cryptos, and dampening down the BTC run, which he see's as China led, and rightfully so (51%, miners, we all know). The key words here are unregulated, based on thin air, unlawful behaviour. This clearly excludes Ripple who is working with regulators, has a purpose and has KYC and a ledger allowing the tracking of finances through the system, reducing the illegal activities.

Now right around the same time, Brad Garlinghouse tweets the following:

This is a reminder to the community, yes XRP will get SEC clarity, and the ruling will be clearing ETH and XRP through a similar hybrid definition. Note the confidence here, they are partnering like crazy with banks, pushing into the US market through Moneygram, HSBC and doing deals quickly everywhere but the US. If the US chooses to stay out of the this movement, they will be left behind. Signing every bank in India is a clear signal here, along with Middle Eastern countries, Brazil, Japan, Phillipines etc etc. The message is clear, this is happening, and the US will be at a disadvantage if they don't get on board. Couple this with the IMF Lagarde history, her move to the European Central Bank, BIS meetings and progress, the train has left the station. The asian markets are also on board, with China being the last man standing in some regards.

BTC does not have the technology to support where we are going, this is common knowledge and should not even be a concern.

Price Suppression : Yes it's likely happening, and I think it's being controlled for the purposes of regulation and BTC competition. Trumps tweet mentioned the "Highly Volatile" nature of cryptocurrencies. If you look closely, XRP has not been as volatile as BTC the last 6 months, while we want to see gains, this is not something to fear. Plans within Plans. I think this price suppression is about removing volatility while SEC clarification takes place. We also have BTC maxi's working to suppress the price, through fear of competition,but this will be nothing compared to the money that will flow into XRP once we see SEC clarity and over ride that control.

Summary : I am not selling till we see SBI, BIS, SEC, IMF all play their cards. Do not confuse a speculative asset like BTC with a fundamental asset like XRP. It's gambling vs an investment, make your choice and let it play out. Do not sell at a loss through fear, you become the free lunch you seek.

This post was interesting until I opened the link and saw the charts. Charts and TA are bs in a 100% manipulated market. If a tiny group of whales are controlling prices, then how does TA have any validity. Stick to the fundamentals and look longer term. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Sound like @Staigera is at capitulation point, along with a lot of people. It's understandable, it's stressful watching it go down, but if you're in cryptos and not the slightest bit diversified, expect to feel this from backing the wrong horse for maximum short term gains if that is your motive. That said, I am not in this to trade a speculative market, this is a long term investment, and I am 99% XRP in my portfolio.

I think it's a matter of perspective. You've chosen an investment that has gone up 34% since it's low in August 14, 2018, yet compared to BTC, this seems like nothing. Yet if you had that money in the bank earning 5% a year previously, you would be quite happy with this progress. Obviously most people feeling this stress did not buy below this point. That is not an issue with the asset itself, it's an issue with your entry point.

That's impressive gains based on fundamentals, unless you compare it to the gambling market of speculative cryptos or traditional penny stocks. There are plenty of equally volatile stocks making more than BTC https://au.investing.com/equities/top-stock-gainers if you know where to place your money, but again, it's a guess.

 

Edited by bryce
Updated the low date, had it wrong as @ringer2 noted

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bryce said:

And there have been higher lows since Sept 2018, that is a reversal from the previous trend of lower lows.

What are you talking about? The price on September 1, 2018 was .334.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ringer2 said:

What are you talking about? The price on September 1, 2018 was .334.

My mistake, I cut off the end of my chart, 14 August is the correct date

image.thumb.png.002bb8c2e669e414d436ecdbe6d61ef9.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bryce said:

My mistake, I cut off the end of my chart, 14 August is the correct date

image.thumb.png.002bb8c2e669e414d436ecdbe6d61ef9.png

So the last two weeks of August sustained a modest increase and since then there has been no increase in the price.  So then why do you say the market keeps establishing higher lows?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem with TA patterns is that they work until they don't. 

Trump's tweet - he said outright he's not a fan of cryptocurrencies.  Yes, he used "unregulated" as an adjective in the next sentence, but it COULD mean that the SEC will never regulate cryptocurrencies and therefore the administration just see crypto as unregulated assets, let out in the cold indefinitely (why are they taking literally years to give regulatory clarity?) .  xRapid needs to prove itself before the US could be said to be "left behind" by this technology.   When will that be?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ringer2 said:

So the last two weeks of August sustained a modest increase and since then there has been no increase in the price.  So then why do you say the market keeps establishing higher lows?

I agree with your second statement, since the lows have been pretty flat. Using Bitstamp's XRP-USD pairing, we have an all-time low (since the all-time high in January 2018) of $.24508 on August 13, 2018. Here are the lowest prices since August of 2018:

$.25300 on September 11th, $.27795 on December 15th, $.28015 on January 28th, $.27500 on March 26th, and $.27946 on April 25th.

What I don't get is how you can make your first statement, especially with the chart right in front of you. The "modest" price increase in August was over 52%, just four days after the 2018 low, reaching $.37390 on August 17th. More importantly, however, was the fact that the price more than tripled from August 13th to September 21st ($.76440). It also tripled within the 10-day period from September 11th to September 21st.

Even if we disagree on the definition of modest, to say that there has been no increase in the price since the last two weeks of August is simply not true. And someone buying XRP as recently as April 25th of this year could have nearly doubled their investment by selling on June 22nd. And we've never gone below 27¢, since September of last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, bryce said:

Sound like @Staigera is at capitulation point, along with a lot of people. It's understandable, it's stressful watching it go down, but if you're in cryptos and not the slightest bit diversified, expect to feel this from backing the wrong horse for maximum short term gains if that is your motive. That said, I am not in this to trade a speculative market, this is a long term investment, and I am 99% XRP in my portfolio.

I think it's a matter of perspective. You've chosen an investment that has gone up 34% since it's low in August 14, 2018, yet compared to BTC, this seems like nothing. Yet if you had that money in the bank earning 5% a year previously, you would be quite happy with this progress. Obviously most people feeling this stress did not buy below this point. That is not an issue with the asset itself, it's an issue with your entry point.

That's impressive gains based on fundamentals, unless you compare it to the gambling market of speculative cryptos or traditional penny stocks. There are plenty of equally volatile stocks making more than BTC https://au.investing.com/equities/top-stock-gainers if you know where to place your money, but again, it's a guess.

 

I'm not at all  at capitulation level despite I invested huge amounts of money in this black hole. I have been husseling and grinding threw out the year and almost gained my investment back. Instead of being here talking about this nonsense 24/7.

Me and plenty of other bro's here are tired of ppl talking like they can predict the future or think they know which way xrp is going price wise.

I have seen it so many times that it became fcking irritating. To see ppl like you defend their presious investment thinking it's a closed deal with their " it's a long term investment bla bla bla.

Man get the hell out of here everyone thought we would be around atleast 1 $ by now xrp is just garbage.

If I invested what I did in xrp around 50 cents in btc around that time at 5k I would have made around  $120k profit. But like I said I'm not dependent on this crypto **** I'm getting my wealth from getting my sh!t together in real life. It's just frustrating to see that all that money was wasted on this garbage asset. Now it's just waiting to see if there will be a rise or that it's just a sinking ship.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Staigera said:

I'm not at all  at capitulation level despite I invested huge amounts of money in this black hole. I have been husseling and grinding threw out the year and almost gained my investment back. Instead of being here talking about this nonsense 24/7.

So you believe in the asset enough to stay in it, and assume you are the only one "husseling"(sic). You have no idea about my investments or dollar cost average. You seem angry at your investment of time and money, and the lack of returns. Why should that stop me posting in a forum about XRP? You're only response is to take the **** out of me with a highly negative and immature response. Try responding to my actual thought out post, rather than copy pasting "plans within plans" for attention like a child.

32 minutes ago, Staigera said:

Me and plenty of other bro's here are tired of ppl talking like they can predict the future or think they know which way xrp is going price wise.

I have seen it so many times that it became fcking irritating. To see ppl like you defend their presious investment thinking it's a closed deal with their " it's a long term investment bla bla bla.

If you and your "bro's" (who are these bro's?) are so sick of people talking about positive news and potential price movement, why are you on an XRP forum? Or you come here hoping to reinforce your bro group think with FUD? How dare I offer a considered overview of the current position. Please enlighten us with more negativity wise one.

32 minutes ago, Staigera said:

Man get the hell out of here everyone thought we would be around atleast 1 $ by now xrp is just garbage.

You seem to speak for everyone here, although not me. I do not expect to see $1 till we get SEC clarity, and we are still waiting.
 

32 minutes ago, Staigera said:

If I invested what I did in xrp around 50 cents in btc around that time at 5k I would have made around  $120k profit. But like I said I'm not dependent on this crypto **** I'm getting my wealth from getting my sh!t together in real life. It's just frustrating to see that all that money was wasted on this garbage asset. Now it's just waiting to see if there will be a rise or that it's just a sinking ship.

As I said in my example, comparing this investment to a speculative investment is pointless, and proves you are in this for the wrong reasons. You also would have made more if you bought XRP at 2c, but do you relive that moment too? What do you hope to achieve with all this complaining about your wrong investment, will Brad magically make your XRP go up to please you and the bro's? If you can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, bryce said:

Try responding to my actual thought out post, rather than copy pasting "plans within plans" for attention like a child.

You start your "well thought out post" with a TA in. A highly manipulated market where even ripple dumps their bags on hopium fantasy boys like you.

Your so we'll thought posts are just speculation I have seen a million times here.

10 hours ago, bryce said:

You seem to speak for everyone here, although not me. I do not expect to see $1 till we get SEC clarity, and we are still waiting.

Yes and after the sec it doesn't go up you come with another excuse why it didn't and why your initial "well thought out post" turned into well thought out compost.

10 hours ago, bryce said:

As I said in my example, comparing this investment to a speculative investment is pointless

So in your eyes XRP is not sepculative? Let me respond to that with a mature answer you seek from me.

 

Wahahahhahahahahahhaha

 

P.S I see you again after sec clarified what ever they need to and we are still around 0.5 cents.

 

Edited by Staigera

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...