Market Sentiment

Current Sentiment  

56 members have voted

1. 1. How you feeling about XRP in the short term?

• Bullish
    • Bearish
    • No f*in clue anymore

Anyone who's been into crypto for more than 5 mins will know that massively fluctuating highs and lows and volatility are normal in this space..it's embarrassing how many folk are getting their knickers in a twist over recent movements. .show some maturity or sell up and leave...Appologies to anyone who is actually a kid..i'll let you off ;p 

3 hours ago, Orby said:

Anyone who's been into crypto for more than 5 mins will know that massively fluctuating highs and lows and volatility are normal in this space..it's embarrassing how many folk are getting their knickers in a twist over recent movements. .show some maturity or sell up and leave...Appologies to anyone who is actually a kid..i'll let you off ;p 

Volatility is rife in this space yes.. but when something like XRP takes the stairs up and the Tower of Terror (Disneyland) down, it gets rather frustrating. If XRP had moved up 3x like everything else to $1+ and pulled back down to say 80c then a lot of people would be fine.. it's the fact that it hardly moved up at all in the first place and we're now negative for YTD.. the only crypto in the top 50 to do so.

4 hours ago, Orby said:

I don't think people are complaining about volatility. It's 'basically' been in the .30s for almost a year and a half. Investors mark progress through valuation. That simple price to progress analysis (one of which seems to be unusable basis perceived manipulated stagnation) has people asking why that's all.

6 hours ago, Orby said:

Oh please. Talk about immaturity.

11 hours ago, Orby said:

When an entire market moves and XRP gets left in the dust, it’s fair to raise some questions. It’s not about volatility but a lack thereof.

So here we are. If BTC goes back to $3k, we’d be sitting at sub 10c if it moves proportionately.  If BTC hits $20k, we’re probably only around 60 or 70c.

1 hour ago, lucid99 said:

When an entire market moves and XRP gets left in the dust, it’s fair to raise some questions. It’s not about volatility but a lack thereof.

So here we are. If BTC goes back to $3k, we’d be sitting at sub 10c if it moves proportionately.  If BTC hits $20k, we’re probably only around 60 or 70c.

Big whales are daily selling XRP - that much we know.  However, for every sell, there must be a buyer.  Therefore, I see XRP as having a growing solid base of individual buyers as each day passes.  I think if BTC dumped to $3K again, XRP would (IMO) not fall below 25c.  UNLESS, of course, if the whales themselves panic sell and dump even harder onto the market (that's a big IF).  If they do that, then we're looking at 10c to 15c.  Fact is, there are billions of XRP out there held by just a handful of people.  They control the price. End of.  Of course, one of these whales (cough, Ripple, cough) could orchestrate a pump any time they wanted to and not tie it to them.  If you don't like me saying the R word there, then just imagine another whale if it makes you feel better.   Put in buy walls that retailers have to clamber over...up, up, up...put in strategic buy orders that eat up the sell book and raise the price, kickstart the Pavlovian retail FOMO response.  They could pump XRP up to 75c, $1, $2+ inside a week.  It's as easy as anything.    Who's to say that didn't happen in the last two bull runs? Sure, there was retail FOMO, but retail is a pi55 in the ocean compared to the big players.  Us plebs accentuate the movement, we don't control it.  The whales control the direction, and let us add 20% of the movement in either direction.  But here's the thing: the whales still need retailers to buy.  If market sentiment gets so low that buy books thin out and liquidity dries up, that's a disaster for the whales.  Therefore, in a completely (100%) manipulated market, I would expect whales to orchestrate a bull run for XRP at some point in the future.  That's why it's always worth having skin in the game (IMO) - just make sure you don't put too much in....because you want to be relaxed.  Balance your portfolio, relax, switch off from it all if need be...that's the easiest way to win in the longer term.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.