cryptoxrp

Improving Escrow control and XRP price stability.

The last few months many of us felt the frustration of the price of XRP being pushed down by 'various factors'. A development which contradicts all the good news that is flowing in. So what is happening and what can Ripple do to put up a line of defence against the selling pressure? I would like to invite anyone to give their ideas and thoughts about this issue and help Ripple gain a better understanding on how to manage the present XRP Escrow and help them to stabilise the XRP price at a higher level in order to improve 'XRP liquidity'.

To start of I have made a small list of possible ideas which could give this discussion some direction. All input is very welcome!

1. Ripple should yearly set a minimum price (at least 20 % higher than the market price) for selling XRP to intitutions, large investors and banks. Also Ripple should communicate this price publicly. If for example the minimum XRP price would be the same as the market price with a 20 % uplift then institutions would to some extent (depending on the amount they want to buy) buy in the open market because that would be cheaper. However, if intitutions, large investors and banks would want to buy very large amounts of XRP (more than available in the open market) than it would be interesting for them to buy directly from Ripple at a higher price. By doing this Ripple creates an incentive for intitutions, large investors and banks to buy in the open market and support the XRP minimum price.

2. Set a maximum amount of XRP that can be sold to one specific buyer and categorise the entities that can buy more XRP depending on their structural role within the XRP ecosystem. For example a TIER 1 bank or central bank may buy more than TIER 2 or TIER 3 banks and large private investors much less. Publicly communicate this information.

3. Improve the XRP Escrow by reducing all new XRP Escrow releases to 100 million XRP every month. Also create the possibility to sell XRP prior to the release of XRP still in escrow.

7 minutes ago, yxxyun said:

Stop programmatic  sale on open market

My guess is that some of these sales are contractual and others help market makers get a foothold in the market and keep their prices level.  Developing chains of Market Makers will be the fastest way of soaking up excess XRP.

I also think that behind the scenes Ripple are actively working to solve this problem of a sinking price, but they are unlikely to admit or tell you about their schemes to manipulate the price of XRP upwards.   Apart from anything else it is probably illegal to interfere directly in the market.

Edited by Julian_Williams

1 hour ago, Tyvole said:

Blackhole % if ripple xrp :) , will never happen.

Like Binance team did today, burn all the BNB allocated to the Binance team, 40% of the total BNB supply. 

https://www.binance.com/en/blog/356254016530468864/8th-Binance-Coin-Burn-From-the-Team-BNB-Allocation

Binance team don't need sell BNB to make money. Said by HeYi. https://m.bishijie.com/kuaixun_340996

But ripple need.

Will never happen.

Edited by yxxyun

Why would Ripple do any of the above? Price <> liquidity. Forget about your investment and put yourself in their shoes. Would you really care whether the price is $0.3 or $3 right now? I’d have preferred $0.3 if I were them - less publicity and more upside for potential buyers. More buyers with skin in the game and political/business influence - more future opportunities. But this is me.

16 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

Apart from anything else it is probably illegal to interfere directly in the market.

Could be. But Ripple could set their own minimum price. The XRP is theirs to sell at whatever price they think is just. I really hope you are right that programmatic sales are done at an uplift of the market price whilst that seems to be very logical. Any other thoughts?

2 minutes ago, Lamberth said:

Why would Ripple do any of the above? Price <> liquidity. Forget about your investment and put yourself in their shoes. Would you really care whether the price is $0.3 or $3 right now? I’d have preferred $0.3 if I were them - less publicity and more upside for potential buyers. More buyers with skin in the game and political/business influence - more future opportunities. But this is me.

that is bs, how is lower price making it more liquid ? lol.... Im sure even they would preffer 3$ common dont be naive you cant really thing this is true.....

7 minutes ago, Tyvole said:

that is bs, how is lower price making it more liquid ? lol.... Im sure even they would preffer 3$ common dont be naive you cant really thing this is true.....

In the long run - yes, price matters. Right now - not that much IMO (as long as it stays in a certain corridor).

And I did not say that lower price makes it more liquid, I just said there is no direct correlation.

Edited by Lamberth

8 minutes ago, Lamberth said:

You could have a point when a bridge currency would not need liquidity to function. However XRP does need stable and high liquidity. And the great thing is that Ripple themselves can do something about it. Unless they don''t want XRP to be liquid right now and are more interested in a low price, which is not logical and detrimental to the 'bridge currency' business case.

7 minutes ago, cryptoxrp said:

Could be. But Ripple could set their own minimum price. The XRP is theirs to sell at whatever price they think is just. I really hope you are right that programmatic sales are done at an uplift of the market price whilst that seems to be very logical. Any other thoughts?

I have read that across industry OTC sales and buys are premium, not discount, prices.  It is likely that Ripple look at each case individually and have NDAs

22 minutes ago, Lamberth said:

In the long run - yes, price matters. Right now - not that much IMO (as long as it stays in a certain corridor).

And I did not say that lower price makes it more liquid, I just said there is no direct correlation.

Ok sorry didn't know what <> is.  Well, back in 2018 when xrp performed really well,  even ripple was saying its good, always boasted how xrp is the best performing asset , always were invited to talks where  both sides talked about how much ripple is worth atm, always mentioned high amount of liquidity, so saying price doesn't matter, common, it matters even to ripple based on their previous behaviour.

Price doesnt matter when  price is low. When price is high, your asset is seen more valuable. Simple as that. Who needs btc at 12k? noone, it could be at 2k, so why its at 12k?  Some people just see more value in it. Why is price of xrp so much lower if compared to gains done to btc? its seen as less valuable compared to same timeframe and development lifecycle. You really think people pump **** randomly out of nothing and keep that price up artificially , even at cost of loosing money? .... lol alright. You cant pump forever.

14 minutes ago, Socrates said:

I hear USDT should be investigated for foul play. 'Printing USDT where there is no real backing of the coin'. Something for the financial authorities and exchanges to look into. Best thing for all exchanges to do is unlist USDT asap.

Edited by cryptoxrp