Sign in to follow this  
BAX

A dead project also dumping XRP......"clever coin"

1 hour ago, cryptoxrp said:

It looks like Ripple needs a stable pricing strategy for OTC selling XRP to intitutions, large investors and banks. The present selling strategy is not working.

Lets set some ground rules, anyone?

I don't know about this old deal.  But I do notice that almost all of the deals I see, lately, have the word "committment" in them - which is an investing term of art that means "yeah, maybe, if you clear some hurdles and meet some milestones, we'll actually release some amount of funds to you" - which indicates higher quality risk management (on the infrastructure investment deals).

(I realize nobody wants to hear that, because it's not a prediction that XYZ will be $333 by 12/25... but it's a sign of maturity and prudence, in Ripple's dealings, nonetheless.)

*shrug*

Edited by NightJanitor

6 hours ago, Capone said:

All I am trying to do here is to save people from loosing their hard earned money in this dead end scam .

You said you made a fortune selling xrp for a higher price than what you bought it it for.

That makes you a hypocrite. You have other peoples hard earned money in your pockets.

If it is true you made a fortune, probably not.

54 minutes ago, NightJanitor said:

I don't know about this old deal.  But I do notice that almost all of the deals I see, lately, have the word "committment" in them - which is an investing term of art that means "yeah, maybe, if you clear some hurdles and meet some milestones, we'll actually release some amount of funds to you" - which indicates higher quality risk management...

(I realize nobody wants to hear that, because it's not a prediction that XYZ will be $333 by 12/25... but it's a sign of maturity and prudence, in Ripple's dealings, nonetheless.)

*shrug*

Tnx for you input. I am going to start a thread in the General Discussions section with the title 'Improving Escrow and XRP price stability'. I would like to see ideas on how to reduce XRP dumps and stabilising XRP at a higher price in order to improve liquidity. If those ideas are of a high enough quality we will present them to Ripple management.

Edited by cryptoxrp

52 minutes ago, cryptoxrp said:

Tnx for you input. I am going to start a thread in the General Discussions section with the title 'Improving Escrow and XRP price stability'. I would like to see ideas on how to reduce XRP dumps and stabilising XRP at a higher price in order to improve liquidity. If those ideas are of a high enough quality we will present them to Ripple management.

I just started the topic "Improving Escrow control and XRP price stability." in the General discussions area.

Ripple are the biggest whale in the XRP community and have the largest impact on the price.   Clover coin is selling 30 million tokens a month.  Ripple sell about 300 million tokens into the market, they should have the resources to buy back 30 million a month from Clover Coin and sell then on to institutions OR arrange for clover coin to sell directly to an institution  (Maybe to SBI?). 

My guess is that there are Bitcoin Maxi whales playing with the XRP price on a larger scale.

Attracting new investors through good publicity about the development of the XRP ecosystem is the most effective way to hover up excess coins on the market.  We can all contribute to that by getting the news out their to the public

Failing to see the point of this thread, except for venting and scapegoating due to the frustration of not understanding investments and thinking we would get yet another big bubble (or larger).

From what I've been able to read, some company over 3 years ago bought XRP as part of a basket to back their token. Ripple had little incentive to sell it below the market price because even if the company didn't agree and went to the exchanges, Ripple would just sell it there. But even so, let's assume they might have done a small discount OTC (as with any bulk purchase of anything). So what?

If one is complaining because an entity has bought it cheap, as many others also did in the open market, and has been taking profits, then what is that person planning on doing with their XRP? Digital collectible?

If one is complaining about Ripple having an OTC, then I've got some bad news for them: if one wants the big banks and investment firms to come along, where does one think they'll start getting their XRP from?

Will it be bad for us that they won't be buying from unregulated exchanges with mostly poor AML/KYC? Might seem so at first, but that would mean they are in, they are trading, they are using it, be it for cross-border transfers, futures, ETFs, ETNs, ETPs, derivatives, bonds, etc, and these are just direct usage. That'll be another milestone achieved, because eventually their XRP will be traded along our XRP as exchanges bring their regulatory compliance up to speed with any other more traditional trading platform.

In the mean time, be it OTC, investing with other companies with XRP, it's XRP getting into the market and circulating, reducing the hoard Ripple has while having the money invested back into the ecosystem that will be the foundation of utility (directly using XRP or indirectly), which is more one could say about block rewards and transaction fees in other digital assets.

Has Ripple made mistakes? I'm sure they did. If you are not making mistakes and failing, you are not trying hard enough, not going far enough, not pushing the boundaries and redefining them. Hindsight 20/20 but reality is that we make decisions based on the information we are able to collect at the time, to the best of our knowledge then.

Digital assets are still a very high risk investment. If one doesn't understand the journey they've signed up for when they bought XRP as a long and doesn't have the mental stamina and clarity to endure these swings while keeping their sanity and able to handle any frustration that arises... Then seek help from trained professionals to advise on what to do.

Going to leave here two images of the XRP/USD price from CoinMarketCap, looking at the reported consolidated prices from 2013 up until April 2017 and the second one from February 2017 until December 2017. Please note that the scales of the two images are different and also note the decimal places on each also.

xrp_usd_2013_2017_04.thumb.png.f276c7307f0c7d5c93b7374b41f81529.png

xrp_usd_2017_02_2017_12.thumb.png.dd7a0b59310c3a96613bca576777fbea.png

Everywhere I look on this forum over the last few weeks there are doom and gloom stories at every turn. People seem to be losing hope and instead of selling and being done with what they perceive to be a sordid business, they come on here to spread their despair with the hope they can find solace with like minded people....it's right what they say "misery loves company"

I

9 minutes ago, Trentsteel said:

Everywhere I look on this forum over the last few weeks there are doom and gloom stories at every turn. People seem to be losing hope and instead of selling and being done with what they perceive to be a sordid business, they come on here to spread their despair with the hope they can find solace with like minded people....it's right what they say "misery loves company"

I

"misery loves company" - and it is very infectious.  FUDsters are having a field day spreading gloom and doom amongst slightly depressed investors and it is working.  The best way to counter their malicious techniques is to discuss good news stories.  It is noticeable that many good news stories are not reaching this forum.

Edited by Julian_Williams

16 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

"misery loves company" - and it is very infectious.  FUDsters are having a field day spreading gloom and doom amongst slightly depressed investors and it is working.  The best way to counter their malicious techniques is to discuss good news stories.  It is noticeable that many good news stories are not reaching this forum.

26 minutes ago, Trentsteel said:

I

You can counter these arguments. I dont know what is a problem you prefer constant happy place?  :D i mean if you do, just head on to youtube. People in here can look from both sides, hardly a bad thing. If people here would be just providing hopium and blow small things out of proportions you wouldn't complain 100%, isnt that funny?

7 minutes ago, Tyvole said:

You can counter these arguments. I dont know what is a problem you prefer constant happy place?  :D i mean if you do, just head on to youtube. People in here can look from both sides, hardly a bad thing. If people here would be just providing hopium and blow small things out of proportions you wouldn't complain 100%, isnt that funny?

Emotions are infectious and pessimism is destructive.  I like debate, scepticism and informed argument.  This word hopium is not helpful; no one should be made to feel ashamed of having hope.  FUDsters are using this word with malicious intent.  I would add that Bearable Guy style euphoria is also bad for the forum.

9 minutes ago, Tyvole said:

I'm certainly not looking for a daily dose of hopium every time I come here and welcome real news stories with negative tones regarding XRP but I can't be arsed to be reading every tinpot conspiracy theories being banded about....99% unsubstantiated without any credible facts to back them up

BTW 99% of these bad news stories are from the same group of people who peddle their lost hope on this forum

Edited by Trentsteel
missed something

2 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

Emotions are infectious and pessimism is destructive.  I like debate, scepticism and informed argument.  This word hopium is not helpful; no one should be made to feel ashamed of having hope.  FUDsters are using this word with malicious intent.

hope is useless. You obviously dont like both sides debating you preffer your optimistic views being shared. Otherwise you would just ignore this debate. FUD? I can tell you many people use that word for ANYTHING that doesnt fit their point of view.

2 minutes ago, Trentsteel said:

I'm certainly not looking for a daily dose of hopium every time I come here and welcome real news stories with negative tones regarding XRP but I can't be arsed to be reading every tinpot conspiracy theories being banded about....99% unsubstantiated with any credible facts to back them up

Yes bud you are totally fine with posts that are backed with nothing provide useless dot connecting and  hype small things out of proportions , you can take those. Btw using this post as an example its totally not unsubstantiated so what the fk you talking about. I have a feeling that you are scared, you are scared to get out of your comfort zone and look at real data. If you feel scared maybe you invested money you cant afford to lose. Put emotions aside, its about money.

17 minutes ago, Tyvole said:

hope is useless. You obviously dont like both sides debating you preffer your optimistic views being shared. Otherwise you would just ignore this debate. FUD? I can tell you many people use that word for ANYTHING that doesnt fit their point of view. 

This is bunkum and factually incorrect.  Hope is the most important ingredient of success.  Optimism drives us to start to do new things and hold a wide variety of opinions. Optimists are well known to be healthier, more successful and more driven that pessimists.

Hopefulness does not stop us looking on all sides of an argument.  In fact a healthy optimistic personality makes a good debater because they are not afraid to look around corners and face adversity.  Taking a side in an argument is also healthy.  Holding fixed opinions seems to me to be the behaviour of pessimists more than optimists.

13 minutes ago, Tyvole said:

Yes bud you are totally fine with posts that are backed with nothing provide useless dot connecting and  hype small things out of proportions , you can take those. Btw using this post as an example its totally not unsubstantiated so what the fk you talking about. I have a feeling that you are scared, you are scared to get out of your comfort zone and look at real data. If you feel scared maybe you invested money you cant afford to lose. Put emotions aside, its about money.

yer, I'm shaking with fear!, F**k you know about me? I'm not holding heavy bags on contrary, so take your halfbaked psychoanalysis and shove it up your bloated ASS

I don't put much credence into  connecting dots either so your way off again Freud 

Edited by Trentsteel