Sign in to follow this  
BAX

A dead project also dumping XRP......"clever coin"

Posted (edited)

Clover Coin*.  

Also, we do not know under what terms the XRP were purchased from Ripple. Also: Ripple was in a much less healthy financial position back then, with funding rounds still going on in full swing.  An entity coming around that wanted to buy (in excess of) 1 billion XRP was of course not so bad of a thing.  If Ripple sold it for 0,5 cents, it would have funded them for 5 million. 

Quite obviously, it is worth 'a bit' more nowadays.

And yes, all those XRP will likely be liquidated. The good news however is that the liquidation is already quite on the way.  Several hundreds of millions left though. 

Edited by Parabellum

7 minutes ago, Parabellum said:

Several hundreds of millions left though. 

Just several hundreds of  millions? :spinlol: Ok then. But it is only one project with millions of XRP. What about others? We have no idea about any conditions under which all those companies and charities can sell their bags.

I'm sure that is the reason why XRP bacame the worst perfoming coin of top 10. Sigh :(

6 minutes ago, longhodler said:

Just several hundreds of  millions? :spinlol: Ok then. But it is only one project with millions of XRP. What about others? We have no idea about any conditions under which all those companies and charities can sell their bags.

I'm sure that is the reason why XRP bacame the worst perfoming coin of top 10. Sigh :(

Could be, might be. I am more inclined to believing it was absolutely part of the puzzle, but what do I know? I can only assume.
However, knowing that lots of volume is meaningless and knowing that these market parties only take money out of the markets, I do think they have quite an impact. And if 'new' money does not flow in at the same amounts, it seems rather unavoidable that the value of XRP will deflate. \

But: take a look at how much XRP still needs to be distributed, by Ripple alone. This problem will stay with us for times to come still. 

Also, throughout 2018, the so called 'bearwhale' sold 1.1 billion XRP. Took him about 9 months, from the top of my head.  He dumped most of it in the first three months.  It will automatically resolve itself in due time. 

The XRP project itself is going bankrupt. 

The way things are evolving with all the Stablecoins projects coming it will be extremely difficult for unbacked cryptos like XRP

to make it . 

Bitcoin will always be there , everything else is gambling.

Even Garlinghouse is presumably trading his own Zerts for Bitcoins. What’s up with that ?

Capone, lol ok dude, hopefully I kept my xrp during armageddon back then and not listened to doomsday prophets and did well :D (not a financial advice I have no idea what the future will be)

interesting theory, I'm glad Ripple decided to start lowering their sellings last month, what would be interesting is  to compare selling pressure compared to others cryptos with mining, I remember it was not that bad actually

3 minutes ago, Finesse said:

Did all the other maxis have a convention and send you guys to xrpchat?

Stablecoins are no threat as they have counterparty risk xrp does not.

Xrp is backed with real liquidity aka fiat.

Bitcoin and other PoW systems are outdated, also bitcoin is centralized and able to be attacked by 51% and double spent on making your btc's useless.

Garlinghouse never said he was trading xrp for btc he said hes long bitcoin but that is just a PR move nobody with any background in IT would be long btc since its a flawed system not able to scale, able to be attacked with 51%, and centralized in china.

Ok I am sorry , but I can’t help looking at bitcoin ´s price 

1 minute ago, Parabellum said:

We have a battle scarred veteran here :rolleyes:

I got in at $0.18 in the summer of 2017 and made a fortune. Now I am making a fortune with Bitcoin :D

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Capone said:

I got in at $0.18 in the summer of 2017 and made a fortune. Now I am making a fortune with Bitcoin :D

I did not refer to you, sorry to say so ^_^

Edited by Parabellum