Sign in to follow this  
Tinyaccount

I’m trying to spend less time here

Farewell, @Tinyaccount. I've been noting the increase in the number of forum members who solidly belong in the Chicken Little or Scold categories. Your departure just made my Scold Dominance indicator increase by a full percentage point. May you fully enjoy life Down Under, until XRP is not.

Hey @Tinyaccount I can’t say as I can blame you. I don’t know how some people can make the time to post as much as some do. It’s got to be time consuming. If you’re not working, commuting, balancing hectic schedules of work and life demands then I can see having the time.

That aside even when one has the time, this journey with all the gloom and doom is obviously trying and tiring. 

Might I suggest minor changes first? Make a time goal to be away from XRP Chat. If you’re on every day try simply limiting your typical time to 50% of what you would typically spend. If that’s not an enjoyable approach try skipping days completely and do something else.

Or quit cold turkey like some have done.

Enjoy your break whatever approach you use. The bickering in here will continue to go with the ebb and flow of the market until...what ever happens happens. And then half of the people will be right and half will be wrong. Hopefully one half will be wealthier and not everyone poorer. I don’t think anything’s happening for a couple more years but what do I know?  See you around the 🐜 hill.

12 hours ago, Parabellum said:

Join the OG club: we did it before it was cool ;) . 

No, but really: it is good to take some distance. But I can predict you'll be back soon enough.  As for the doubters: that's their decision to make. I do not dislike them, besides the conspiracy and moonboys of course, as they have a hard decision to make. The XRP community has been brewing with doubt for some time already and the recent downturn (of course) accelerated it. 

This too shall pass, I guess? It remains risky people, never forget that. 

Downturn ? Which one ? I hope you're not focused on 2 trading days ?!?

19 minutes ago, Thomas666 said:

Downturn ? Which one ? I hope you're not focused on 2 trading days ?!?

I am not. More on the last six months of performance relative to BTC. 
It is quite obvious that my patience is much longer than that of other people, if you read carefully. 

Totally understandable since this place has become toxic AF. 

Good luck with everything. I always enjoyed your posts.

Maybe it will be safe to come back in a few years once the forum is cleansed by a long period of price stagnation.

20 hours ago, Tinyaccount said:

Oh dear.  Seems I missed a bit of a ruckus.   :) 

A couple of folk here know that as of a few days ago (well before the ruckus) I decided that the now-normal negativity and vitriol here at XRPChat was too annoying, and the time I spent here daily was too great, for me to continue in that way.  

So I’m trying to disengage somewhat.... ( I’ve tried and failed previously because of poor self-control,  so ultimately,  if I can’t disengage enough to avoid spending too much time here I will have to totally disengage.)

Meanwhile I see some significant people in the community have done a one-eighty degree turn and now feel that we might be being scammed by Ripple.  Fair enough...    I’m not buying into any of it.  I’ve made my bet and will ride it all the way up or down like the ignorant little retail investor that I am.  :) 

I’m really just posting this to say thanks very much to all of you who have helped me in numerous ways here,  and especially to those many of you who made me laugh out loud on many occasions with brilliant posts and memes.  I also wanted to explain my absence to those wondering why that loud-mouthed XRP maximalist Tiny isn’t making an alternative case in this current ruckus.

I do hope those who are seriously doubting their XRP investment are wrong to be concerned,  but time will tell I suppose.

I totally get u mate, thats the reason i have not been very active here as well. Best of luck with the ride and chat sooon.