Sign in to follow this  
Tinyaccount

I’m trying to spend less time here

11 minutes ago, dr_ed said:

I don't always leave XRP Chat when people get nasty and mean, but when I do, I like to start a new forum thread.  :)

People aren't nasty and mean by nature.. they're hurting .. from disappointment.. 

But being disappointed by something you don't directly control doesn't really make logical sense to me.

Edited by richxrp

Anger is caused by unmet expectations.  

The problem is that many have developed an expectation of a moonshot in a short period of time.  Some will recast their expectations and when those too are missed time and time again, ANGER can set in.....

The trick is to remove a timeline from your expectations.  or push it out to a far an away place.  Then disconnect and check back at a later date.  

Good luck TINY.....stay strong!

1 hour ago, dr_ed said:

I don't always leave XRP Chat when people get nasty and mean, but when I do, I like to start a new forum thread.  :)

That's called style :D

@Tinyaccount good luck to you, hope to see you around... :drinks:

Edited by 7strings

39 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

Oh dear.  Seems I missed a bit of a ruckus.   :) 

A couple of folk here know that as of a few days ago (well before the ruckus) I decided that the now-normal negativity and vitriol here at XRPChat was too annoying, and the time I spent here daily was too great, for me to continue in that way.  

So I’m trying to disengage somewhat.... ( I’ve tried and failed previously because of poor self-control,  so ultimately,  if I can’t disengage enough to avoid spending too much time here I will have to totally disengage.)

Meanwhile I see some significant people in the community have done a one-eighty degree turn and now feel that we might be being scammed by Ripple.  Fair enough...    I’m not buying into any of it.  I’ve made my bet and will ride it all the way up or down like the ignorant little retail investor that I am.  :) 

I’m really just posting this to say thanks very much to all of you who have helped me in numerous ways here,  and especially to those many of you who made me laugh out loud on many occasions with brilliant posts and memes.  I also wanted to explain my absence to those wondering why that loud-mouthed XRP maximalist Tiny isn’t making an alternative case in this current ruckus.

I do hope those who are seriously doubting their XRP investment are wrong to be concerned,  but time will tell I suppose.

Take care mate! Always like your contribution here!:rolleyes:

34 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

I’ve made my bet and will ride it all the way up or down like the ignorant little retail investor that I am.  :) 

We share the same mindset here; i've committed and am willing to ride out my belief, for better or for worse as long as nothing fundamentally alters my perception. Stay ignorant, little retail investor! Godspeed and may fortune favor the bold.

1 hour ago, Tinyaccount said:

Meanwhile I see some significant people in the community have done a one-eighty degree turn and now feel that we might be being scammed by Ripple.  Fair enough...    I’m not buying into any of it.  I’ve made my bet and will ride it all the way up or down like the ignorant little retail investor that I am.  :) 

Yeah, back from work and catching up last hours postings the turn in sentiment across the board and of some specific members amazes me too and I’m still puzzling what to make of all this. 

For once I’m out of quips and for this moment I have no real long term vision on crypto in general or XRP in particular. That doesn’t happen to me often, but I “ go with the flow” and wait till my brains have processed all the info of last days and comes up with a direction, opinion, strategy or whatever fills the emptiness.

In the meantime I’m focussing on real life, as have been my main focus since april 2018 ( putting dreams of enormous wealth in the fridge). 

Anyway: I’ll miss you, I always have respect for strong and consistent believers, even if I don’t always agree.

I hope you’ll be back soon, no, I count on it! 

Edited by Ripple-Stiltskin
Spellllingh

1 hour ago, Tinyaccount said:

Oh dear.  Seems I missed a bit of a ruckus.   :) 

A couple of folk here know that as of a few days ago (well before the ruckus) I decided that the now-normal negativity and vitriol here at XRPChat was too annoying, and the time I spent here daily was too great, for me to continue in that way.  

So I’m trying to disengage somewhat.... ( I’ve tried and failed previously because of poor self-control,  so ultimately,  if I can’t disengage enough to avoid spending too much time here I will have to totally disengage.)

I’m really just posting this to say thanks very much to all of you who have helped me in numerous ways here,  and especially to those many of you who made me laugh out loud on many occasions with brilliant posts and memes.  I also wanted to explain my absence to those wondering why that loud-mouthed XRP maximalist Tiny isn’t making an alternative case in this current ruckus.

I do hope those who are seriously doubting their XRP investment are wrong to be concerned,  but time will tell I suppose.

Join the OG club: we did it before it was cool ;) . 

No, but really: it is good to take some distance. But I can predict you'll be back soon enough.  As for the doubters: that's their decision to make. I do not dislike them, besides the conspiracy and moonboys of course, as they have a hard decision to make. The XRP community has been brewing with doubt for some time already and the recent downturn (of course) accelerated it. 

This too shall pass, I guess? It remains risky people, never forget that.