Jump to content

Tracking sells of XRP from Ripple through CryptoWinter


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Zedy44 said:

Escrowed?  That's less about security and more to do with having an easily calculated distribution model for future years to come, no?  I totally get large owners of XRP are selling into the market daily and people want to know why exactly, but again I come back to - all these whales and Ripple are selling, but someone is buying!  We'd have a huge problem if the volume's were anemic, but that's not the case.

Millions on everyday Joes are buying while the large owners are selling, just like a Ponzi, a balanced flow. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL.  No, I'm not a shill.  (for the f***ing 100th time) And yes, believe it or not, I think we (the community) need to act to hold Ripple accountable for accurate reporting.  I've helped in the

So back in the heady days of XRP before all the moonboys got in and we were scooping this up for under a cent, we started to pump. The last time I bought a significant stack was around .16 which was s

In the last hours I went through the historic of these 2 wallets https://bithomp.com/explorer/r49yezViZ8N6FtwwKg9byDYtJ3UDuJi1zv https://bithomp.com/explorer/rHjJwY4maqRyUxCnJ9bNNQ2Tva9fe

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Viggo said:

Millions on everyday Joes are buying while the large owners are selling, just like a Ponzi, a balanced flow. 

A Ponzi scheme is defined as...

Quote

a form of fraud in which belief in the success of a nonexistent enterprise is fostered by the payment of quick returns to the first investors from money invested by later investors.

I think too many people have entered the digital asset world expecting to make the easiest money of their lifetime and it just isn't the case.  There is plenty of money to be made swing trading a number of assets (including XRP), but I've yet to see Ripple come out and tell everyone "Hey, buy XRP, it will be worth a lot some day!".

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Zedy44 said:

Escrowed?  That's less about security and more to do with having an easily calculated distribution model for future years to come, no?  I totally get large owners of XRP are selling into the market daily and people want to know why exactly, but again I come back to - all these whales and Ripple are selling, but someone is buying!  We'd have a huge problem if the volume's were anemic, but that's not the case.

Don't you know that the main purpose of Polysign is to help look after Chris Larsen's XRP holdings?

 

 

 

Just trolling btw!

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

"constantly over promising and under delivering." A lot of people make this accusation.  I have limited experience of crypto and none of big business, but this assessment seems a bit harsh.  My impression is that last autumn Brad thought big banks would come in faster.  He seems to have underestimated the inertia of the big banks and the scale of the task.  I do not blame him.

I not really a fan of Brad, he seems quite lightweight, but I am very impressed by the team he has built around him.  The Ripple XRP project has snowballed in many directions and the XRP ecosystem seems to me to be growing exponentially in many direction.  The latest news  of tests between the ECB and Bank of Japan being only one small footnote in a long list of behind the scenes preparations.  100% of Indian banks in Ripplenet net now, 80% of Japanese banks and R3, SBI, micropayments, foothold in gaming and the first XRapid corridors opening.  Moneygram committed.  How much faster can this thing grow?

Out of interest which other crypto do you believe to be making faster progress building a use case in the real world?

He looks at price, not at progress. Common mistake. Can’t take people seriously who judge an asset on it’s price behaviour, especially in a mostly manipulated and nascent market. 

Sentiment is bad, very bad in here. Even in the Zerpening FUD has been stronger than ever. Great, if this isn’t anger and depression and looking for reasons to blame our investment choices on, I don’t know what is. 

Market cycles, bots and manipulation is what counts right now. So far, I have no reason to believe we wont go on another run whether Ripple is ‘supressing’ the price or not. 

There is no other Crypto with more fundamentally promising progress like XRP, not even close. That even the most die-hard believers start to doubt that, is reason enough to believe the ‘market’ is winning again. Retail will always lose, smart money and whales will win. As always.

Don’t act like retail, act like smart money. 

Edited by Plikk
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Parabellum said:

Second, Ripple is sitting on a massive war chest of XRP that could be worth hundreds of billions if not trillions in the future, if all the stars align. To them it again makes no sense to simply 'ditch' XRP.
 

Actually, this point is why I thought they might be giving away XRP so much.  Assuming the math is right, and bank adoption makes the price of each XRP moon, that would represent a massive wealth transfer on paper, which could be come real if Ripple sold their holdings.  It's certainly the most extreme profit margin for a company I have ever seen.  I'm 99% certain that behind the scenes world leaders, banks, other commercial entities are trying to find a way not to have the suggested wealth transfer on paper even potentially become real, and one way to do that would be to give away the underlying asset to as many people as possible before allowing it to appreciate to absurd levels.  They won't adopt XRP unless Ripple divests of it.

But if that is the thinking, I really hope Ripple makes one of those transfers to my wallet lol.  I actually have a charitable project based on future energy technology that I'd like to donate it to.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Parabellum said:

What evidence? It simply takes a very long time to liquidatie such a huge stash of XRP (mind you, he is sitting on billions). I think we in the end would rather want him to do it as quickly as possible, then to see us stuck with this issue once XRP is 5-10 USD: much more fiat will after all be required to liquidate his stash then, if he were to stop selling now. 


From his point of view, it makes sense if you think about risk and the time necessary to get rid of all that XRP. Obviously, you would sell every day. 

I have been looking at XRP volume these past couple of days, whenever the price started to rise and was wondering about the rise in volume in those situations. Thanks for the Info in this thread! Now I have a clue where some of the volume, that kept the price from going up came from.

I read through the whole thread (minus the members ignored by me) thinking:

If XRP are to be used in ANY "official" capacity (for lack of a better word for it - I am not a native english speaker), like settlement between banks in the euro/usd zone or in asia or between those currencies or between some big companies or <insert very big deal here> (I hope you get my point), the fact that there is one person like CL holding such a big stack COULD be an obstacle. Maybe thats why he is dumping as much as he possibly can whenever the price goes up.

Ok, now go ahead and tear me to shreds.

0nxRdoRH.jpg

Edited by Muellhart
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Muellhart said:

I have been looking at XRP volume these past couple of days, whenever the price started to rise and was wondering about the rise in volume in those situations. Thanks for the Info in this thread! Now I have a clue where some of the volume, that kept the price from going up came from.

I read through the whole thread (minus the members ignored by me) thinking:

If XRP are to be used in ANY "official" capacity (for lack of a better word for it - I am not a native english speaker), like settlement between banks in the euro/usd zone or in asia or between those currencies or between some big companies or <insert very big deal here> (I hope you get my point), the fact that there is one person like CL holding such a big stack COULD be an obstacle. Maybe thats why he is dumping as much as he possibly can whenever the price goes up.

Ok, now go ahead and tear me to shreds.

0nxRdoRH.jpg

Well if I had made more than millions in XRP I would be selling too as much as possible to invest in less risky assets.

CE383EA6-1119-4FD7-8B40-CA7621B76865.jpeg

2F838C22-B60D-4485-815A-3C990EEC2D3A.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Muellhart said:

I have been looking at XRP volume these past couple of days, whenever the price started to rise and was wondering about the rise in volume in those situations. Thanks for the Info in this thread! Now I have a clue where some of the volume, that kept the price from going up came from.

I read through the whole thread (minus the members ignored by me) thinking:

If XRP are to be used in ANY "official" capacity (for lack of a better word for it - I am not a native english speaker), like settlement between banks in the euro/usd zone or in asia or between those currencies or between some big companies or <insert very big deal here> (I hope you get my point), the fact that there is one person like CL holding such a big stack COULD be an obstacle. Maybe thats why he is dumping as much as he possibly can whenever the price goes up.

Ok, now go ahead and tear me to shreds.

Alright, mauling you right now.

Jk. No, I share that point of view. As much as it 'sucks' right now, it is way better for the big holders to sell large chunks here. Why? It means they'll suck much less liquidity out of the market in the future. So in that sense, I am not that disappointed with Larsen selling at all.  I would like him and other entities to stop around 25 cents though (which they did last year, as was documented here in some topics). That level better not crack, if we are to revisit it.

It makes no sense for XRP to be pumped to 10-20 USD if Chris Larsen is for example still sitting on 4 billion XRP by then, which would make him one of the richest people in the world by then. Nor would a lot of market parties accept that. Same with Britto's funds, same with McCaleb (for which we need a definitive solution) and I think that also at the very least partially applies to Ripple's very own warchest. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Parabellum said:

Alright, mauling you right now.

Jk. No, I share that point of view. As much as it 'sucks' right now, it is way better for the big holders to sell large chunks here. Why? It means they'll suck much less liquidity out of the market in the future. So in that sense, I am not that disappointed with Larsen selling at all.  I would like him and other entities to stop around 25 cents though (which they did last year, as was documented here in some topics). That level better not crack, if we are to revisit it.

It makes no sense for XRP to be pumped to 10-20 USD if Chris Larsen is for example still sitting on 4 billion XRP by then, which would make him one of the richest people in the world by then. Nor would a lot of market parties accept that. Same with Britto's funds, same with McCaleb (for which we need a definitive solution) and I think that also at the very least partially applies to Ripple's very own warchest. 

I'm confused: https://www.ccn.com/ripple-ceo-chris-larsen-to-donate-7-billion-xrp-to-the-underbanked/

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Plikk said:

He looks at price, not at progress. Common mistake. Can’t take people seriously who judge an asset on it’s price behaviour, especially in a mostly manipulated and nascent market. 

I doubt it. @LetHerRip has been here for a very long time, just like me. People that have stuck around for years have seen Ripple turn ship several times and change strategy. We have also seen Ripple distort reality, be vague about key details, twist the narrative (e.g. "we didn't make XRP!"), and so forth. In the case of Garlinghouse (I refuse to call him 'Brad', I am not on a first name basis with the CEO of Ripple :rolleyes:) there is a track record by now of indeed, as stated, overpromising - if not misleading. 

People tend to remember that, at least if they pay attention. Therefore I am at the same page as him. We are witnessing a trend over a longer period of time that people that got in (much) later cannot recognize, unless they delved deep into the history of the company and remember all those details.  

You might ask yourself 'Why? Ripple is making much more progress than in the past!'. That is true. But what I find is that a lot of people tend to think crypto is a low risk environment, which it is not. It is very high risk / high reward. And said as elsewhere: as soon as that balance tips over into (very) high risk / low reward, it is time to derisk.  We need to stay sharp and vigilant. In that light, I can again only confirm that @LetHerRip's criticism is justified. 

All the chewed out clichés about 'blood in the streets' and the cycle of euphoria-depression-hope are things you'll find on precious metals forums too. And a lot of people said that, to the end. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SevenBees said:

The thing is that there's personal control associated with this still.  About the donation, you are very much right, as you can read here https://forum.ripple.com/viewtopic.php?t=9900&p=63242 . Also, he pledged to donate: so it moves in tranches from his control to the charity. 

In the end, it does not matter, as it is still lots of XRP that hits the markets. 

Edited by Parabellum
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Muellhart said:

I have been looking at XRP volume these past couple of days, whenever the price started to rise and was wondering about the rise in volume in those situations. Thanks for the Info in this thread! Now I have a clue where some of the volume, that kept the price from going up came from.

I read through the whole thread (minus the members ignored by me) thinking:

If XRP are to be used in ANY "official" capacity (for lack of a better word for it - I am not a native english speaker), like settlement between banks in the euro/usd zone or in asia or between those currencies or between some big companies or <insert very big deal here> (I hope you get my point), the fact that there is one person like CL holding such a big stack COULD be an obstacle. Maybe thats why he is dumping as much as he possibly can whenever the price goes up.

Ok, now go ahead and tear me to shreds.

0nxRdoRH.jpg

Exactly..after that moneygram deal i wouldn't even sell if ripple would change their name to ponzi ripple

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.