RegalChicken

Tracking sells of XRP from Ripple through CryptoWinter

8 hours ago, RegalChicken said:

I shared this in the Zerpening, but I know not all of you are in there, so I'll share it here too.
Ripple wallets have distributed millions of XRP to exchanges on days that XRP tries to appreciate in price. Some people defend this action as a way for Ripple to generate working capital. Here is a list of hundreds of millions of dollars Ripple has donated. If it "needs" to sell XRP for working capital, then why is it donating so much of it's needed money?

What would happen to XRP if they didn't dump 10million to 30million XRP a day? I can show you just one single wallet that offloaded an additional 10million XRP today alone.

Is this RegalChicken or ringer2’s alter ego?

43 minutes ago, Lamberth said:

I also have a theory/question. Have @RegalChicken and @Yodaxrp got hacked? 

I don't wander in the big Zerpening thread much, but it seems several other notable (or at least...by post/meme count standards) contributors are going off all doom and gloom.  TBH I don't get it.  I thought it was obvious what Ripple was doing with all of the XRP in addition to people like Chris Larsen and others who hold notable stacks that have little incentive to increase rather than decrease them over time.

I still circle back to...with all this selling going on someone is buying it.  People should look at other digital assets where they have large potential sell walls with little to no volume to support those selloffs.  At least XRP has the daily volume to keep the price "stable".

5 minutes ago, Zedy44 said:

with all this selling going on someone is buying it. 

True. However, if the one that is selling billions is the one with priviledge/insider info... 

I remember the times when people were celebrating the monthly escrow lol... 

14 hours ago, Yodaxrp said:

Ask the man who stated "I'm confident dozenS of bank will use xrp in 2019" not me!

A good reason could actually be they know their plan is not working and it's better to dump at 0.30 than at 0.003.

You make it sound price is driven by ripples performance its really not!

1 hour ago, Zedy44 said:

I still circle back to...with all this selling going on someone is buying it.  People should look at other digital assets where they have large potential sell walls with little to no volume to support those selloffs.  At least XRP has the daily volume to keep the price "stable".

This is a good point. I have more to add: who controls the selling algo? Who are other main actors involved? What are their incentives (both short-term and long-term)? Hm, after thinking about it, I decided to start another thread just to discuss these aspects. And to distance myself from this doom and gloom :)

15 hours ago, Parabellum said:

We are not shareholders and have therefore always been in a rather unique and fragile position.  Maybe that changes if XRP were deemed some sort of security (which remains a real risk, no matter what the people say that recite the gospel), but until then, there's not much that can be done.

Although I'll add that even if we were, our influence would be very limited still. Big shareholders run companies, not small ones after all. But at least in that case, litigation would more likely be succesful. 

I understand that we are not shareholders but since its new type of asset, there cant be a historic ruling or precedent for the same, which itself can be a base,  which is how it works in general when new rulings take place. I agree that when u r in battle with big companies its not easy but its not un-winnable as well, if u look at history when big chunk of cases and class suites from common people were won against big companies, most of them thought they couldnt win, until it actually happened,  and companies had to pay hefty amount of money( i am not legally qualified and its not legal advice to any reader here  ). Not saying i would do that since i love Ripple and xrp but its a general discussion about our rights.

Edited by RDS

6 hours ago, Lamberth said:

I also have a theory/question. Have @RegalChicken and @Yodaxrp got hacked? 

Actually always the same! Why I'm no more bullish on xrp:

a) because the evidence here proves that at least one of the funders was intentionally tanking the price when it started to rise;

b) because there's further evidence of the above attitude produced in twitter by another xrp chat member who decided to not publish it here/to do not participate to this discussion;

c) main reason because I hate hypocrisy! Bank to unbanked, give the emigrants the possibility to send more money home, charities here and there are all bs. Ripple is a normal cynical company like all the others and doesn't deserve any kind of robin hood like status. Mr. Larsen, who got billion of xrp gifted, should consider that perhaps he ****** the lifes of few k small investors with his dumpings, exactly the low income people they pretend to help!

Last point just refers to the ownership side of the company, could open another one about the management. Where should I start here... From the dozens of banks using xrp!?

Conclusion: No I do not sell and have no need/intention to do it right now. Just will stop to dedicate my time to this because I consider the $ already lost in the long term. If not better, but I prefere to take care about other investments who bring a sure constant return over the time.

Edited by Yodaxrp