RegalChicken

Tracking sells of XRP from Ripple through CryptoWinter

10 minutes ago, heartbit_io said:

yeah true about the date, the point is to say that this asset performed extremely well over 2 years, and there is no reason to scream "exit scam" just because it took even a 50% hit after getting +3000%, crypto market is like that, get used to it

🤦‍♂️

I’m fairly confident that most of us are ‘used to it’ if we’ve held this long already.  The point is that if new information sheds light on what’s going on, we need to re-evaluate.  If things aren’t progressing as hoped (I’m not strictly referring to price movement) there’s no sense in sticking with a bad investment.  

Things change all the time.  It doesn’t mean that Ripple set out to do things this way, but if they know adoption isn’t happening then why stick with it?

I’m just looking for more info.

Again, imo the sentence below is the best summary of the situation with Ripple/xrp:

"The war was being run by a bunch of four star clowns who were gonna end up giving the whole circus away." (Willard, Apocalypse Now).

1 hour ago, RegalChicken said:

I shared this in the Zerpening, but I know not all of you are in there, so I'll share it here too.
Ripple wallets have distributed millions of XRP to exchanges on days that XRP tries to appreciate in price. Some people defend this action as a way for Ripple to generate working capital. Here is a list of hundreds of millions of dollars Ripple has donated. If it "needs" to sell XRP for working capital, then why is it donating so much of it's needed money?

What would happen to XRP if they didn't dump 10million to 30million XRP a day? I can show you just one single wallet that offloaded an additional 10million XRP today alone.

Thanks for sharing your findings with the XRP community.  None of us really know what is happening behind the scenes, but there are a lot of unanswered questions.

A possible reason why I think Ripple has, via xPring, been using XRP sales to invest in projects seemingly unrelated to the XRP ecosystem is because Ripple may have doubts about XRP adoption and so they are diversifying.  

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Sebastian said:

A possible reason why I think Ripple has, via xPring, been using XRP sales to invest in projects seemingly unrelated to the XRP ecosystem is because Ripple may have doubts about XRP adoption and so they are diversifying.  

Lol. Sorry, that's my first response to this 'idea'. 

Why does it not make sense? First off, the two founders that still remain loyal to the company have a big stake in seeing XRP succeed. The same goes for (high profile) employees there, that also have built up XRP stacks. Their financial interests are aligned with making XRP succeed.

Second, Ripple is sitting on a massive war chest of XRP that could be worth hundreds of billions if not trillions in the future, if all the stars align. To them it again makes no sense to simply 'ditch' XRP.

Not defending the shady things the company tends to be guilty off from time to time. Just saying that the explanation of them 'diversifying', as if they are some market trader, makes little to no sense.  Not to them. 

Edited by Parabellum

5 minutes ago, Parabellum said:

Lol. Sorry, that's my first response to this 'idea'. 

Why does it not make sense? First off, the two founders that still remain loyal to the company have a big stake in seeing XRP succeed. The same goes for (high profile) employees there, that also have built up XRP stacks. Their financial interests are aligned with making XRP succeed.

Second, Ripple is sitting on a massive war chest of XRP that could be worth hundreds of billions if not trillions in the future, if all the stars align. To them it again makes no sense to simply 'ditch' XRP.

Not defending the shady things the company tends to be guilty off from time to time. Just saying that the explanation of them 'diversifying', as if they are some market trader, makes little to no sense.  Not to them. 

Who said anything about Ripple ditching XRP?  You need to reread what I wrote.  :)  Also, nothing you wrote precludes the possibility Ripple has doubts about XRP adoption.

Let's also not forget what Ripple committed to publicly.

https://ripple.com/insights/welcome-to-xpring/

That’s why today we are announcing Xpring (pronounced Spring). Xpring is a new initiative by Ripple that will invest in, incubate, acquire and provide grants to companies and projects run by proven entrepreneurs. Every entrepreneur will use the digital asset XRP and the XRP Ledger, the open-sourced, decentralized technology behind XRP, to solve their customers’ problems in a transformative way.

There are IMO too many unanswered questions.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Sebastian said:

Who said anything about Ripple ditching XRP?  You need to reread what I wrote.  :)  Also, nothing you wrote precludes the possibility Ripple has doubts about XRP adoption.

Let's also not forget what Ripple committed to publicly.

https://ripple.com/insights/welcome-to-xpring/

There are IMO too many unanswered questions.

I did, reading back at it. 'Ditching XRP' is terminology one would use for giving up on something. It seems like you did not mean that. It appears you meant that Ripple might be observing XRP adoption to be stalling or to be problematic in some other way (which can very well be true) and therefore are deciding to change tactics, again, for the so manieth time. 

And yes, there are a lot of unanswered questions. But Ripple as a company is opague to us: no amount of fanboy-ism on social media or by key figures of the company can change that. Our understanding of the company will always be incomplete and full of holes. Today, tomorrow, and still next year too. 

Edited by Parabellum

21 minutes ago, RDS said:

Do u think Ripple can be sued by xrp investors for breach of trust? ( if above is found true) ???? 

We are not shareholders and have therefore always been in a rather unique and fragile position.  Maybe that changes if XRP were deemed some sort of security (which remains a real risk, no matter what the people say that recite the gospel), but until then, there's not much that can be done.

Although I'll add that even if we were, our influence would be very limited still. Big shareholders run companies, not small ones after all. But at least in that case, litigation would more likely be succesful. 

1 hour ago, Baka said:

just open your eyes.. there s nothing positive . 

🤪 please going down to - 10 cents is ******* positive filling my stack!!! 💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻

1 hour ago, Baka said:

just open your eyes.. there s nothing positive . 

1 minute ago, RussianStandards said:

No I believe this is very real and i personally AM concerned also

Consider selling.

I know there is a taboo on it, because nobody wants to look as if they have 'weak hands', but remember: there is nothing wrong with derisking.  Greed can kill you on the way down, all the way even.