Tracking sells of XRP from Ripple through CryptoWinter

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL.  No, I'm not a shill.  (for the f***ing 100th time) And yes, believe it or not, I think we (the community) need to act to hold Ripple accountable for accurate reporting.  I've helped in the

So back in the heady days of XRP before all the moonboys got in and we were scooping this up for under a cent, we started to pump. The last time I bought a significant stack was around .16 which was s

In the last hours I went through the historic of these 2 wallets https://bithomp.com/explorer/r49yezViZ8N6FtwwKg9byDYtJ3UDuJi1zv https://bithomp.com/explorer/rHjJwY4maqRyUxCnJ9bNNQ2Tva9fe

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Yodaxrp said:

Using the "Mnuchin effect" to dump more trying to influence the market price in a less visible way?:rolleyes:

For the first time in about a year I had a sleepless moment last night wondering if Ripple have lost it.  I am reassured that DS has told us that all sales of CL's stock is monitored and overseen by Ripple Labs, this makes me think this is part of some sort of orchestrated price suppression for the long term benefit of building the XRPecosystem.

The huge and growing volume they are using to suppress price seems to indicate their is huge demand for XRP.  XRP would have gone through the roof if CL's tokens were not flooding the market?

I would like more expert opinion on my point of view?

45 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

For the first time in about a year I had a sleepless moment last night wondering if Ripple have lost it.  I am reassured that DS has told us that all sales of CL's stock is monitored and overseen by Ripple Labs, this makes me think this is part of some sort of orchestrated price suppression for the long term benefit of building the XRPecosystem.

The huge and growing volume they are using to suppress price seems to indicate their is huge demand for XRP.  XRP would have gone through the roof if CL's tokens were not flooding the market?

I would like more expert opinion on my point of view?

They never had it to begin with. It's been nothing but empty words and promises.

Hodor's relentless frequency of propaganda is also nauseating. Dare I wonder if he is one of their shills ?

15 minutes ago, Freaky said:

Hodor's relentless frequency of propaganda is also nauseating. Dare I wonder if he is one of their shills ?

Don't understand the need to attack @Hodor personally. If you want to call out somebody, call out the person(s) who is/are suppressing the price and were supposed to do the opposite!

39 minutes ago, Freaky said:

They never had it to begin with. It's been nothing but empty words and promises.

pathetic, off topic and worthless comment that adds nothing and makes a personal attack - thank heavens I now know how to use ignore user

3 hours ago, Julian_Williams said:

D_NGzFVXUAAXZXL.jpg:large

Is that a real quote from David?  If so that highlighted section sounds exactly like what many people in this thread have said, that is, the XRP sales are being required by Ripple's partners.  Logical conclusion being that they want a very diversified holdership of XRP before they do anything that moons the price by any material amount.  Also, second sentence on tightening spreads is very close to price control, but not necessarily the same thing.  Could just be an effort to create volume, but the fact transactions are made has an effect on price.  I don't want to make any accusations of evil intentions, but his first paragraph definitely sounds like a behavior that would result in price suppression, if it constituted enough of the trading volume.

Or am I just reading what I want to see?

4 minutes ago, Kalarie said:

Is that a real quote from David?  If so that highlighted section sounds exactly like what many people in this thread have said, that is, the XRP sales are being required by Ripple's partners.  Logical conclusion being that they want a very diversified holdership of XRP before they do anything that moons the price by any material amount.  Also, second sentence on tightening spreads is very close to price control, but not necessarily the same thing.  Could just be an effort to create volume, but the fact transactions are made has an effect on price.  I don't want to make any accusations of evil intentions, but his first paragraph definitely sounds like a behavior that would result in price suppression, if it constituted enough of the trading volume.

Or am I just reading what I want to see?

Like you I would like to see that that document is not a fake since it really does help me make sense of the huge sales.  My optimistic guess is that they need XRP price to be low whilst the nascent MMs get stocked up ready for a big launch of new corridors etc.

Edited by Julian_Williams
19 minutes ago, Kalarie said:

Also, second sentence on tightening spreads is very close to price control, but not necessarily the same thing.  Could just be an effort to create volume, but the fact transactions are made has an effect on price. 

I read it more like, they maintain the small spread to prevent influencing the current price to much. Let the market itself do that if it wants, but not the marketmakers themselves.

Marketmakers who are very liquid could manipulate price, just like big whales can. That would be the last thing Ripple wants from them, so perhaps some sort of agreement?

3 hours ago, Hodor said:

LOL.  No, I'm not a shill.  (for the f***ing 100th time)

And yes, believe it or not, I think we (the community) need to act to hold Ripple accountable for accurate reporting.  I've helped in the past with this by bringing to light the possible overselling in Q1. 

If we end up having credible evidence that is iron-clad, I would definitely not hesitate to cover it. 

I agree. Thank you for offering Hodor. We would definitely need a sound report presenting sound reasoning, not just attacking and trying to insult them like many people do.

On 7/12/2019 at 6:51 AM, YourAverageJoseph said:

So back in the heady days of XRP before all the moonboys got in and we were scooping this up for under a cent, we started to pump. The last time I bought a significant stack was around .16 which was several years ago (I should have bought a lot more under a cent). We didn't stay there very long. It pumped back up .24 cents and just stayed there like we were stuck in concrete. There was rampant speculation that Ripple, the company, was suppressing the price. There were constant posts about how we'll never be more than .24 and how that was the number Ripple wanted to stabilize XRP at. We pumped a few times on Amex news and the Gates foundation news (I think to .42), but really didn't move at all until escrow was announced.

There was a lot of smoke about Ripple suppressing the price.  And it built up to a fever pitch where people started to lose faith in the asset and were moving on. 

I look for trends. I think we're in this trend again. And what happened last time there was this kind of smoke was we went on the Dec-Jan run that hit the ATH. 

I wasn't around for the 1¢ sale, but bought in the 16¢-24¢ range and remember the same extreme negative sentiment and same "Ripple sales" chatter. One thing I think we need to keep in mind is that the company Ripple knows a lot more regarding what is about to happen, and my guess is that a LOT more XRP is going to be needed than what is currently in circulation.

Therefore it would make sense to get as much XRP out into circulation as possible, and what, would you rather they made their sells into weakness, and really tank the price? We need to use our heads and not let emotions get the better of us. The things we do know should keep us looking forward and having patience.

JMO, I am holding strong and not worried, even today...

4 hours ago, Yodaxrp said:

Only Ripple the company or also its executives/funders?:rolleyes:

Yeah, including any founders. 

Do you believe that a founder is dumping their XRP?  I've never seen any convincing proof of that. 

37 minutes ago, AlejoMoreno said:

I agree. Thank you for offering Hodor. We would definitely need a sound report presenting sound reasoning, not just attacking and trying to insult them like many people do.

Yes. 

And we'd need to make sure we're not playing into the hands of a skillful market manipulator that has created some convincing FUD just for the selfish purpose of shorting XRP ... so they can get more.  Beware the Wild West of crypto.  

18 minutes ago, Hodor said:

Yeah, including any founders. 

Do you believe that a founder is dumping their XRP?  I've never seen any convincing proof of that. 

Honestly yes, but what I believe or not doesn't matter, so as it doesn't matter the eventual reason why.

What it would be interesting imo is to put together our expectations (meaning xrpchat members) from a Ripple report in a systematic way and then forward it to Ripple. If later they want to adopt it or not is another story.

Edited by Yodaxrp

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.