Tracking sells of XRP from Ripple through CryptoWinter

16 minutes ago, Parabellum said:

I doubt it. @LetHerRip has been here for a very long time, just like me. People that have stuck around for years have seen Ripple turn ship several times and change strategy. We have also seen Ripple distort reality, be vague about key details, twist the narrative (e.g. "we didn't make XRP!"), and so forth. In the case of Garlinghouse (I refuse to call him 'Brad', I am not on a first name basis with the CEO of Ripple :rolleyes:) there is a track record by now of indeed, as stated, overpromising - if not misleading. 

People tend to remember that, at least if they pay attention. Therefore I am at the same page as him. We are witnessing a trend over a longer period of time that people that got in (much) later cannot recognize, unless they delved deep into the history of the company and remember all those details.  

You might ask yourself 'Why? Ripple is making much more progress than in the past!'. That is true. But what I find is that a lot of people tend to think crypto is a low risk environment, which it is not. It is very high risk / high reward. And said as elsewhere: as soon as that balance tips over into (very) high risk / low reward, it is time to derisk.  We need to stay sharp and vigilant. In that light, I can again only confirm that @LetHerRip's criticism is justified. 

All the chewed out clichés about 'blood in the streets' and the cycle of euphoria-depression-hope are things you'll find on precious metals forums too. And a lot of people said that, to the end. 

Fair enough. But according to my market cycle research and fundamental analysis, it doesn’t matter that much at the moment. Unless Ripple suddenly goes apesh!t, I worry little. 

I think it is important to look at both sides. Ripple either overpromises like you said, or amazes in a good sense like the MG deal. It goes both ways. TBH, because prices are down, and have been down for almost 2 years, people tend to focus on the negative. 

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL.  No, I'm not a shill.  (for the f***ing 100th time) And yes, believe it or not, I think we (the community) need to act to hold Ripple accountable for accurate reporting.  I've helped in the

So back in the heady days of XRP before all the moonboys got in and we were scooping this up for under a cent, we started to pump. The last time I bought a significant stack was around .16 which was s

In the last hours I went through the historic of these 2 wallets https://bithomp.com/explorer/r49yezViZ8N6FtwwKg9byDYtJ3UDuJi1zv https://bithomp.com/explorer/rHjJwY4maqRyUxCnJ9bNNQ2Tva9fe

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Plikk said:

I think it is important to look at both sides. Ripple either overpromises like you said, or amazes in a good sense like the MG deal. It goes both ways. TBH, because prices are down, and have been down for almost 2 years, people tend to focus on the negative. 

I think me and @LetHerRip do that already. Most narratives around XRP tend to be infused with a lot of hype and hopium, of the first grade. Highlighting the potential negatives out there is usually 'not done' or hailed as 'FUD'. I will concede though that the 'negatives' tend to be very much absent from discourse during bullish times, and very present during deeply bearish times. At least I am sort of consistent in that I utter such opinions all the time :D.

And sure, there are absolutely positive developments going on right now! The MGI deal was a breath of fresh air. I do hope that Ripple will push xRapid extremely aggressively via MGI and to create the disruptive effect we are all waiting for. Of the type in which you either join, or die ;) . 

2 minutes ago, Parabellum said:

I do hope that Ripple will push xRapid extremely aggressively via MGI and create the disruptive effect we are all waiting for.

They have every incentive to do so. Then again, those pushing the Ripple scam theory are logically obligated to view the whole MoneyGram deal as an elaborate ruse.

Another comment I'll leave here....why all the criticism against Ripple and their constant pivots and strategy changes?  I mean...has anyone seen any Ripple customers complain publicly about the company being poorly managed or expressing doubt or confusion over their strategies?  Surely these banks / FI have a vested interest in Ripple delivering them good products and innovation over time as they invest money in their payments solutions.  They continue to bring on new clients weekly and adoption of their products is increasing over time, which looks very healthy to me.

I feel like all of this mud slinging nonsense around the price of XRP and the current (and previous) strategy pivots only comes from speculators (us).  People should realize that when a company invests tens or hundreds of millions of dollars into R&D that the results from that investment can and will likely take years to develop.  Brad kept reminding us it's a marathon and not a sprint.  That's even more true once they started throwing large sums of cash around to incentivize adoption and new use cases. 

3 minutes ago, Zedy44 said:

Another comment I'll leave here....why all the criticism against Ripple and their constant pivots and strategy changes?  I mean...has anyone seen any Ripple customers complain publicly about the company being poorly managed or expressing doubt or confusion over their strategies?  Surely these banks / FI have a vested interest in Ripple delivering them good products and innovation over time as they invest money in their payments solutions.  

People interpret it as weakness and/or bad decision making. At least, if I had to guess. 
Then again, you may have a point here too, as it is normal to adjust strategy. However, Ripple did that a lot and left XRP investors in the dark on numerous occassions. People here talk about desperation in November/December 2017, but the way Ripple left everyone behind in 2015/2016 was much, much worse. That was real desperation.

To immediatly add this: they owe us nothing. End. But, everyone that is invested in XRP should also realize that they are almost unprotected, contrary to shareholders, and thus extra vigilance is very much warranted. I do not deny at all that Ripple as a company is doing (very) well: it seems obvious even. The same however cannot be really said about the rate of XRP adoption, which is on the slow side - at least so is the perception of me and likeminded people.

Brad the Salesman, as I sometimes like to call him ;) , can say all he want, about this being a marathon or a 100 meter sprint for all I care. What I know is that the end result is not guaranteed. Anyone that makes the mental jump towards 'things will work out in the end regardless' should throw away that line of thought immediatly.  Cliché, but again: stay vigilant. 

3 hours ago, Parabellum said:

It is very high risk / high reward. And said as elsewhere: as soon as that balance tips over into (very) high risk / low reward, it is time to derisk. 

Just to make sure I'm following you: the high risk / high reward (which i agree crypto investment is) balance tips over into very high risk / low reward due to XRP progress being slower then it would need to be to keep high risk / high reward ratio balanced equally?

Is that what are you saying..?

Many thanks for all your inputs. 

So I’m admittedly a little naive at times and I can often see things that others don’t but, if large holders of XRP are key leaders of Ripple and they’re “dumping” some of their XRP, and this action causes price suppression and or decline...is the “only” logical conclusion that they are trying to jump ship? Seems to me they would be selling every time the price spikes or orchestrating some sort of pump and dump. I don’t see that.

Being guilty of keeping the XRP price low while getting rid of some of their large stack seems like a pretty odd crime. What if there are reasons they are needing to do both so that in the end there’s a higher XRP value?

What if there’s activities going on that everyone in this forum is naive to?  What if those activities include two factors such as 1) having Ripple members pare down to much smaller stacks and 2) a lower XRP value? Why? Well first, maybe things are getting closer to success confidence is high behind the scenes that XRP is going to become a much higher value. IF this were the case then Ripple members with massive stacks would suddenly have massive wealth and influence. If people are working together in making this a success then they realize this and it creates a whole host of problems for everyone. Nip it in the bud now and remove that obstacle. Second, if XRP needs to be in a lot of places to work or in deep quantities in only a few places to work then those entities (that’s none of us obviously) want in at the lowest value possible before XRP goes to the much higher value.

Step one enables step two. They’re complementary. There may be a positive explanation and nothing nefarious afoot. Their inaction “could be” the worst thing to happen.

19 minutes ago, WillGetThere said:

Just to make sure I'm following you: the high risk / high reward (which i agree crypto investment is) balance tips over into very high risk / low reward due to XRP progress being slower then it would need to be to keep high risk / high reward ratio balanced equally?

Is that what are you saying..?

Many thanks for all your inputs. 

I am saying that as soon as the scales tip negatively for extended periods of time, it is time to lower your exposure. It otherwise gets irresponsible to stay in, unless you are committed to ride XRP to 0. In which case, it is of course not difficult at all. 

When the balance tips into low reward I expect it to be a long term thing (and therefore a problem), at which point it is time to scale back. 

Not everyone can handle investing, it is not for everyone.

digital assets have brought in a lot of newer/first time investors.

Thats the reason some people need money managers, it takes a strong mindset to take a loss or substantial loss and keep focused on the potential YOU see with your investment.

ive been saying whales are keeping the price low for awhile now, galgitron has said this. I’ve even been called a liar on xrpchat about this. My mindset still hasn’t changed despite knowing this. Xrp is still a great buy at a great price with the best progress in the industry real world.

Edited by Finesse

There's definitely suppression going on. It's been going on since it hit .24 cents years ago as I said earlier. I don't know why someone suppresses this asset more than others, but they do. 

I keep going back to a worst case scenario -- Ripple is pulling off a scam on all of us and if we don't sell, our coins are worth zilch. For that to occur, everything they have still and in escrow would be worth zilch. The XRP they have gifted to charities would be worth zilch. If this happened, it would be a financial scandal of massive proportions on a global scale. These guys wouldn't be able to walk out of their houses without being assaulted. Everyone knows who they are. They're not faceless like other coins. They basically would live their lives looking over their shoulders for lawsuits and hit men. And before you say, they'll have enough to have security/lawyers up the ass, I'll say those things cost a lot of money. They'd be wise to be liquid billionaires before dropping that kind of bomb on the rest of us and having to run and hide around the world. I mean, they're selling to exchanges too. It's not just us. There are players around the world who would make their lives miserable if this was the gambit. 

So yeah, worst case scenario is it's a big Ponzi. How'd that work out for Madoff? 

I am convinced that someone is holding this back from running. Maybe it's waiting for the SEC approval before taking the shackles off? I don't know. But in the time I've been holding this, I've seen this play out in a very specific way. We don't move when other coins do. We move a little on news before someone pushes it back down. We move sideways. People get frustrated and start to question this and then one day, out of nowhere, we pump. Someone took their foot off the brakes on the ATH run. The numbers were moving fast at insane speeds. Whoever was suppressing stopped. I believe they'll stop again. I also believe this is the asset that has the best chance of real world adoption so I hold it. The Moneygram news should have spiked us over $1. Someone doesn't want that to happen until they do. If it's Ripple doing it, they have a plan in place. Letting this thing run like it did at the ATH made Larsen and the boys some of the richest men in the world in the moment. Perhaps, they weren't exactly ready for that yet and needed more time to set things up. 

But I believe in suppression. Without a doubt. Someone is holding us down. 

Edited by YourAverageJoseph
6 minutes ago, YourAverageJoseph said:

There's definitely suppression going on. It's been going on since it hit .24 cents years ago as I said earlier. I don't know why someone suppresses this asset more than others, but they do. 

I keep going back to a worst case scenario -- Ripple is pulling off a scam on all of us and if we don't sell, our coins are worth zilch. For that to occur, everything they have still and in escrow would be worth zilch. The XRP they have gifted to charities would be worth zilch. If this happened, it would be a financial scandal of massive proportions on a global scale. These guys wouldn't be able to walk out of their houses without being assaulted. Everyone knows who they are. They're not faceless like other coins. They basically would live their lives looking over their shoulders for lawsuits and hit men. And before you say, they'll have enough to have security/lawyers up the ass, I'll say those things cost a lot of money. They'd be wise to be liquid billionaires before dropping that kind of bomb on the rest of us and having to run and hide around the world. I mean, they're selling to exchanges too. It's not just us. There are players around the world who would make their lives miserable if this was the gambit. 

So yeah, worst case scenario is it's a big Ponzi. How'd that work out for Madoff? 

I am convinced that someone is holding this back from running. Maybe it's waiting for the SEC approval before taking the shackles off? I don't know. But in the time I've been holding this, I've seen this play out in a very specific way. We don't move when other coins do. We move a little on news before someone pushes it back down. We move sideways. People get frustrated and start to question this and then one day, out of nowhere, we pump. Someone took their foot off the brakes on the ATH run. The numbers were moving fast at insane speeds. Whoever was suppressing stopped. I believe they'll stop again. I also believe this is the asset that has the best chance of real world adoption so I hold it. The Moneygram news should have spiked us over $1. Someone doesn't want that to happen until they do. If it's Ripple doing it, they have a plan in place. Letting this thing run like it did at the ATH made Larsen and the boys some of the richest men in the world in the moment. Perhaps, they weren't exactly ready for that yet and needed more time to set things up. 

But I believe in suppression. Without a doubt. Someone is holding us down. 

I just wanna be richer than 'Fake billionaire' Trump.. so I can hire him to clean my toilet. 

Jokes aside, Everything is on the ledger. So if you believe that stuff then you should assemble a team and follow/monitor specific wallets. 

4 hours ago, YourAverageJoseph said:

I am convinced that someone is holding this back from running. Maybe it's waiting for the SEC approval before taking the shackles off?

Yeah.... that’s the ticket...it’s all a giant Ponzi. The team that’s credited for working with banks is now credited with being a bunch of crooks targeting us individual investors. That seems unlikely to me. Could be, but I don’t buy that theory.

Have they always been forthcoming? I’ll say no...but they are human and they are in an extremely competitive space so not showing all their cards and teaching their complete competitive strategy to everyone who’s interested is...probably expected.

I mean let’s pause and look. Let’s look at the board of directors. Let’s see who we think are the next Team Madoff: https://ripple.com/company/board-of-directors/

Now let’s review the leadership team. https://ripple.com/company/leadership/ 

What do you see? I see smart, hard working people. Bright people with varied professional backgrounds. People focused on updating the method of transferring value across all borders effectively and efficiently. Exposed and open people. People with families. And let’s remember the popular young staff in San Francisco and the rest of the team around the world. People like Dilip Rao who’s known for straight talking. But maybe I’m easily fooled.

But like you said @YourAverageJoseph, how would they all hide if it’s all just a scam. And how could so many people all keep the lie a secret? Probably not what we’re experiencing.  Maybe it’s something else.

So what are we experiencing? What’s keeping the price down? And if people here are right on Ripple keeping it low, why? What’s it going to take to make XRP a value so great it becomes as easy to buy a home with XRP as it is with BTC today?

I’ve said regulatory hurdles like the SEC in the US and elsewhere, and I still think that’s an issue for banks and possibly other applications. I’ve said it’s just a matter of time to grow RippleNet and expand the network that’s currently using xCurrent. I’ve supported other theories for the delay. But what if it’s all these and something else? Something not “planned” but something unplanned yet predicted and or expected that’s actually in their battle plan? Something big enough and powerful enough to move the mountains of resistance?

A massive lack of confidence in fiat for example. The US and China are having a bit of trade war. This is likely in the news no matter what country you’re in. But I think it’s not going to produce much of anything good for the US and Trump is likely to elevate the stakes and have some sort of “currency” war. What the heck does that mean? I think it’ll be a race to devaluation and it won’t just be against the yuan but it’ll be against the euro and others. The thought by Trump is the USD is too strong and Trump wants to “level the playing field”. Maybe this is what he means when he talks about leveling the playing field.

If so this could lead to a lot of people in lots of countries with a lack of confidence in their fiat. Banks and governments start loosing value. Now they’re both motivated. Banks are ready to begin taking risk because it’s taking more nostro vostro not less. They’re getting desperate as their governments are likely unable to do anything good for them bailout wise. Government officials see their own wealth deteriorating so they’re now suddenly ready to make a rush move on regulatory clarity because fiat’s failure is costing them too much. They all now act to save their own skin. "Greed is good", a catchphrase by Gordon Gekko from the 1987 film Wall Street comes to mind.

Suddenly cryptos look real good. A lot of cryptos would likely see fiat swelling into them and, as the exodus from fiats intensifies, we now have an environment for xRapid and XRP usage and, with a rising value, greater liquidity...we have a progression from the age of fiat to the age of crypto confidence. From the flames of a the failed fiat experiment to the new global experiment in crypto. Maybe it’s a confidence crisis in fiat that becomes the trigger. Maybe this is what takes the shackles off. If it is, isn’t the best thing Ripple can do is just keep building?

Okay... I’ll remove my tin foil hat now and slowly back away... 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.