Sign in to follow this  
codiusrex

If SBI and Xumm do nothing for the price...

Dear XRP nobody,

What happens to hodler confidence if awesome advancements in XRP utility surpass speculation but does nothing to increase the price of XRP — or if @Ripple and Jed continue dumping XRP to keep the price low?

9 minutes ago, codiusrex said:

Dear XRP nobody,

What happens to hodler confidence if awesome advancements in XRP utility surpass speculation but does nothing to increase the price of XRP — or if @Ripple and Jed continue dumping XRP to keep the price low?

Stop pls to blame JmC. Don't like him exactly, but better you look at Ripple and mr. Larsen if you want an explication why the price is regularly suppressed.

29 minutes ago, codiusrex said:

Dear XRP nobody,

You don't have to worry.. it will dump... and is dumping now..

Someone buys all that XRP that is sold.  Who is buying?  Only speculative retail investors?  No one knows what Xumm is yet and SBI is hype ontop of hype with some extra hype sprinkled on top.  I'd look to the recent Moneygram partnership announcement to find short term hope in XRP price appreciation through utility usage.  That's the clearest signal we've seen from Ripple regarding an eventual volume increase on the XRPL through utility.  But when and how much and what will happen to the price (if anything) as Moneygram's corridors begin to leverage XRP as a bridge asset are the more interesting details I want to figure out.

Don't expect miracles from xumm price-wise - Wietse is absolute beast, but they are a couple of developers and I'd imagine the first rollout would target average retail Joes like you and me - I would bet the app will be absolutely amazing and it will be helpful for me to use it, but that's no way correlated to a price increase.

I don't want to comment on SBI right now, will delay my comment for later .. :)) 

SBI reminds me of Wimpy off the Popeye Cartoon which probably predates a lot of you probably.  "I will Gladly pay you on Tuesday for a hamburger today."  All hype and no go personally I wish they would just shut up at this point and make an announcement when they actually have something concrete to announce. Hell we got a coinbase listing before SBI. Not saying things aren't in the works but who knows Delay after Delay, after Delay.  At this point shut the hell up until your ready!!!

57 minutes ago, codiusrex said:

Dear XRP nobody,

you KNOW you want to capitulate! :D 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, 10millionplus said:

Welcome to the club of losers who have invested in this coin for losers.

So being a member what does that make you?  Heavens forbid your patrolling this forum to occupy your time while you make money hand over fist with some other coin.

Edited by RikkiTikki

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, codiusrex said:

[...] and XUMM do nothing for the price

Define "do something" ;) Time interval I mean. I get the idea you (or at least: many people) hope for a big bang when XUMM (or SBI or ...) go live. When it comes to XUMM, I can ensure you there will not be a big bang. People will install, setup, try, ... and keep on holding. Meanwhile we will work on updates, licenses and dev. & recipient & partner implementations so there are actually places to pay using XUMM. That's when the chicken/egg problem is potentially solved: people can pay, and people can be paid using the XRPL. That doesn't have any effect on the price at first (except if it's speculation, which is bad imo). Then, bit by bit, if everything goes the right way: slowly growing amount of users, payments, DEX exchanges, liquidity, ... and THEN it may just have an effect. But it will be almost impossible to trace it back to XUMM: it's simply more usage, more liquidity, more demand.

Edited by xrptipbot

Sign in to follow this