yxxyun

Xpring invested projects

25 minutes ago, JA8 said:

Retail market participants like us (i.e. those using crypto exchanges) provide a base level of liquidity (both fiat and XRP) without which xRapid cannot really function at present. 

Indeed, although when you mentioned "XRP Community" my first thought was only the HODLers, not the traders.

When looking at the current XRP volume by currency (as reported to CryptoCompare - so it will be missing some data points), I think that our current main issue is perhaps the lack of trades using fiat, though we are probably one of the best positioned assets, since except for BTC, most of the the other ones are a lot worse on that metric.

xrp_volume_by_currency_20190717.png.300970f6c85da008bc464193fc674a25.png

The big money will most likely not come from the early adopting retail investors, and despite needing more than one hand to count the years that this market has been going for, it's still fairly early.

1 hour ago, Socrates said:

When Ripple Trade was shutting down, they provided an easy way of migrating to GateHub. However in the email, after explaining that option, they also said:

with "other wallet providers" being a link, which unfortunately was tied to their CRM system and is no longer valid.

No one recommended (and the argument for saying they encouraged is also debatable, weak IMO) anyone to migrate to GateHub.

These are snapshots of the "How to Buy XRP" page from ripple.com on August 2017 and December 2017.
 - https://web.archive.org/web/20170810092028/https://ripple.com/xrp/buy-xrp/
 - https://web.archive.org/web/20171211225351/https://ripple.com/xrp/buy-xrp/

I can count 15 options (believe they were all exchanges), with Bitstamp, Kraken, Gatehub, and btcxIndia taking the first row.

how_to_buy_xrp_20170810.thumb.png.ece27bb68c1d68a3d1e1eb5e609f3918.png

Ripple is not in the business of being charitable to speculators for mistakes of others.

Also, this has been debated numerous times in our community, but also the wider digital asset community: exchanges and online wallets have risks and leaving your digital assets in them is subject to said risks. Even if for some reason you don't want to have and manage your own offline/hardware wallet (fear of losing the seed, trojans, etc), leaving all your eggs in one basket is also a questionable decision.

Well i didn't lose a penny as none on exchanges so its not something that personally effected me, but given the insignificant impact to Ripple if the did (especially with prices as they are today) i thought it might be a kind gesture - not everyone is going to agree.

When i first went to the Ripple site, on my mobile, in the UK, I'm sure Kracken, Gatehub and maybe 1 other were the options? Maybe i didnt look too hard or am remembering wrong.

42 minutes ago, T800 said:

I used to be around on twitter but am no longer. 

Wuick look through and Toff has CERTAINTLY changed her tune towards Ripple, is this the beginning of the end? Her profile used to say loving all things ripple and XRP or something of the sort, just near slating them now.. and possibly rightly so 

I don’t think this is anyone’s concern. Ripple knows there is a level of risk associated with each investment and yeah some fail and a small portion succeed. That’s just how it works. Why should any of us care what ripple does with their money. All they are doing is finding good companies/projects to invest in. It’s like an athlete, just because a team drafts a first round pick. It doesn’t mean they will succeed, it just means they are more willing to pay out larger sums of money as there is supposed to be less risk in the early rounds. My point is who the eff cares!

Finally, I'm glad to see this topic being discussed . A few months ago, I pointed out some issues relating to this topic.

There are so many things but here's what comes first:

Ripple has a problem to attract developers. For that matter, it started the acceleration program but again it fails to attract developers for the xrpl and therefore changed the focus on broader crypto projects. It should convey a large survey to determine the 'why'.

Since the beginning Ripple hasn't had any strategy for XRP. It's something but..what

Since XRP is not owned by Ripple but rather they act as a steward for safeguarding the value, the question then arises why a single entity should be in control. Could a XRP governance entity fulfill a better role?

What is the purpose of the escrow?

Ripple has always been saying we are working closely with regulators and yet when the regulators say something, ripple nor XRP are mentioned but you hear about BTC and eth like e.g. the report Brad was bragging about. A whole paragraph was devoted to eth and between brackets 'XRP has some similar features'

And so on..

1 hour ago, Kpuff said:

I don’t think this is anyone’s concern. Ripple knows there is a level of risk associated with each investment and yeah some fail and a small portion succeed. That’s just how it works. Why should any of us care what ripple does with their money. All they are doing is finding good companies/projects to invest in. It’s like an athlete, just because a team drafts a first round pick. It doesn’t mean they will succeed, it just means they are more willing to pay out larger sums of money as there is supposed to be less risk in the early rounds. My point is who the eff cares!

You own xrp, there is majority holder, hence its in your ******* interest to know what they fuckin do with those big  bags of money. Its that fuckin basic, its that fuckin basic, If you own gold, and everyone in the fuckin world drops it, sells, YOU WILL FUCKIN CARE ABOUT FUCKIN OTHERS , WHAT THEY DO WITH THEIR FUCKIN ASSETS YOU IGNORANT **** GET IT TO YOUR HEAD.

Now if you invested and you dont get that point now, you should just go play minecraft and donate the every fuckin mod ever created cause you dont deserve to hold any fuckin value of any fuckin kind. ****.

angry bryan cranston GIF

You just boiled a person alive. Fuckin achievement.

I think longs are getting restless basis 2018 and things that have come about in the last couple months that are asking for longs to continue to believe innuendos (i.e. Powell saying faster payments system won't likely see 2020, xSpring questions, BTC's rise which seems to be manipulated again which hints at another major crash again, what large scale holders are selling and why, xRapid, SWIFT ever-confusion, the ever consistent not-to-be-named 'XRP' in any major speech, Libra's emergence, de-risking, etc. etc.) Everybody has their limits and money isn't forever. Timing has and will continue to take down a lot of people here. Bets were placed on time, not necessarily XRP. The community didn't set the standard....

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, Tyvole said:

You own xrp, there is majority holder, hence its in your ******* interest to know what they fuckin do with those big  bags of money. Its that fuckin basic, its that fuckin basic, If you own gold, and everyone in the fuckin world drops it, sells, YOU WILL FUCKIN CARE ABOUT FUCKIN OTHERS , WHAT THEY DO WITH THEIR FUCKIN ASSETS YOU IGNORANT **** GET IT TO YOUR HEAD.

Now if you invested and you dont get that point now, you should just go play minecraft and donate the every fuckin mod ever created cause you dont deserve to hold any fuckin value of any fuckin kind. ****.

angry bryan cranston GIF

You just boiled a person alive. Fuckin achievement.

Get triggered dude

3 hours ago, zerpian said:

Finally, I'm glad to see this topic being discussed . A few months ago, I pointed out some issues relating to this topic.

There are so many things but here's what comes first:

Ripple has a problem to attract developers. For that matter, it started the acceleration program but again it fails to attract developers for the xrpl and therefore changed the focus on broader crypto projects. It should convey a large survey to determine the 'why'.

Since the beginning Ripple hasn't had any strategy for XRP. It's something but..what

Since XRP is not owned by Ripple but rather they act as a steward for safeguarding the value, the question then arises why a single entity should be in control. Could a XRP governance entity fulfill a better role?

What is the purpose of the escrow?

Ripple has always been saying we are working closely with regulators and yet when the regulators say something, ripple nor XRP are mentioned but you hear about BTC and eth like e.g. the report Brad was bragging about. A whole paragraph was devoted to eth and between brackets 'XRP has some similar features'

And so on..

I think Ripple controlling 60% of the supply is enough to send most developers elsewhere. The escrow bought Ripple some time and goodwill, but they still haven't presented a plan or any kind of roadmap where we can imagine them no longer having that majority ownership. Right now it just looks like they are milking it for everything they can without tanking the price too hard. I don't see Ripple's role as safeguarding the value of XRP, but rather making as much money for their shareholders as possible. They are a business after all.

1 hour ago, codex said:

I think Ripple controlling 60% of the supply is enough to send most developers elsewhere. The escrow bought Ripple some time and goodwill, but they still haven't presented a plan or any kind of roadmap where we can imagine them no longer having that majority ownership. Right now it just looks like they are milking it for everything they can without tanking the price too hard. I don't see Ripple's role as safeguarding the value of XRP, but rather making as much money for their shareholders as possible. They are a business after all.

i see it opposite to you. Most developers work on "a" system. Ripple are working on an all encompassing eco-system. The "You get some, you get some and you get some and everyone gets some" manifesto is an excellent approach to develop a eco-system capable of ensuring real social change.

Think of the escrow as a big big jar of peanut buter, its a yuuge jar and it needs to be. Ripple is slowly but surely writing itself into the history book. It wont happen overnight, we are a long way off cracking the stangle hold of the fat cats but it is happenning.

1 hour ago, robertbruce said:

i see it opposite to you. Most developers work on "a" system. Ripple are working on an all encompassing eco-system. The "You get some, you get some and you get some and everyone gets some" manifesto is an excellent approach to develop a eco-system capable of ensuring real social change.

Think of the escrow as a big big jar of peanut buter, its a yuuge jar and it needs to be. Ripple is slowly but surely writing itself into the history book. It wont happen overnight, we are a long way off cracking the stangle hold of the fat cats but it is happenning.

Ah yes, Brad and the peanut butter strategy