Xpring invested projects

yxxyun

8 hours ago, yxxyun said:

Ethereum as a platform have many use case on it.  these use cases made Ethereum as platform more value than ETH. For example the stable coin,  USDT, USDC, TUSD, PAX, etc are all on Ethereum, these are all add value to Ethereum platform, same can be implemented on XRPL. It's fine for Ripple to be XRP focused,  but for Xpring,  why not bring more use case to XRPL?  

I'm not to blame kava, just use it as example,  the stable coin USDX things can be implemented on XRPL,  why not? 

or the use XRP means sell XRP to fund their operation?

36 minutes ago, yxxyun said:

or the use XRP means sell XRP to fund their operation?

Seems more likely, there might be exceptions bud mostly that i would bet, hey its business. Unfair to us bud good for ripple investors.paid james corden GIF

Perhaps in the grand scheme of things they are all planning on using XRPL in some way. It's just not abundantly clear to us plebs. I'm pretty sure I remember reading the SEC stated as long as the digital asset sales (XRP in this case) are used to fund the network then the question of whether is a security is blurred? Anyone else remember something like that?

So what I'm trying to say is the idea that XRP sales are being used to fund something totally unrelated to XRP seems quite sketch and I doubt that's the case

Edited by XRPwinning

15 hours ago, yxxyun said:

Ethereum as a platform have many use case on it.  these use cases made Ethereum as platform more value than ETH. For example the stable coin,  USDT, USDC, TUSD, PAX, etc are all on Ethereum, these are all add value to Ethereum platform, same can be implemented on XRPL. It's fine for Ripple to be XRP focused,  but for Xpring,  why not bring more use case to XRPL?  

I'm not to blame kava, just use it as example,  the stable coin USDX things can be implemented on XRPL,  why not? 

Because probably XRPL won't be able to handle all the transactions.

Imagine a hypothetical scenario. Ripple sells XRP every once in a while to invest in wherever and whatever they want and thus grow the company Ripple. Good for people who got equity stakes in Ripple, the company. Now, because they do this, it is in their interest to keep the price of XRP as high as possible. For this, they "create" positive vibes around XRP adoption, use-case, utility blah blah so that people like us continue to hold and perhaps even buy more. Their reserve XRP is practically never ending anyways and we forever dream of XRP mooning. I know this is too pessimistic. But, can this be for real? FYI, I have been holding for nearly 2 years now and I can afford to take the risk of holding it couple of years more!

A few comments on all this.

Unless one knows the details of the contracts defining the conditions of these investments, or the roadmaps of each of the projects, then it's not constructive to criticise them, especially this harshly.

Even if some of these companies' primary objective is not the XRPL ecosystem, investing in projects that, after research and analysis, seem to be quite promising is a way to get a seat at the table as an investor. This means the ability to at least be heard not as a random company without any skin in the game, but as a company which invested in the project. This increases the probability of successfully influence the development of the company to their favour.

Everyone that invested in XRP knew, or should've researched enough to know, that Ripple and some other parties hold a very large amount of XRP and that Ripple in particular will use it in a way they deem useful for the company and the ecosystem. This will not be done in a timescale aimed fulfil the hopes and dreams of some that just want to get rich quick and aren't contributing with anything but some liquidity (for those depositing fiat and buying XRP, not for those trading between digital assets) to the system. It will be done in a timescale defined by sustainable development and building solid foundations that are not purely based on speculation. This takes time, as anyone who has tried, or followed any company trying, to change an industry that doesn't move fast like some tech companies do (and even tech companies took their time to reach the current time-to-disruption).

Any XRP sold within this context means more XRP in circulation in the markets and less accumulated by a single entity. This may be painful in the short term for some, but has the potential to become healthier in the long term. Just a reminder that Bitcoin and Ethereum (among others), to some extent, also release more units of their native assets into the market via block rewards & transaction fees (which are awarded without the entity paying any fiat for them, instead they will be the ones selling it for fiat to pay their running expenses).

If you are trying to get rich quickly and becoming frustrated, then perhaps this is not your asset. If you are willing to wait years more to see a sustainable rise in the value of this digital asset, in a way that improves the lives of people via the services it has made more efficient and cheaper, then just put things into perspective, relax, and enjoy the ride.

Edited by Socrates

58 minutes ago, Socrates said:

A few comments on all this.

Unless one knows the details of the contracts defining the conditions of these investments, or the roadmaps of each of the projects, then it's not constructive to criticise them, especially this harshly.

Even if some of these companies' primary objective is not the XRPL ecosystem, investing in projects that, after research and analysis, seem to be quite promising is a way to get a seat at the table as an investor. This means the ability to at least be heard not as a random company without any skin in the game, but as a company which invested in the project. This increases the probability of successfully influence the development of the company to their favour.

Everyone that invested in XRP knew, or should've researched enough to know, that Ripple and some other parties hold a very large amount of XRP and that Ripple in particular will use it in a way they deem useful for the company and the ecosystem. This will not be done in a timescale aimed fulfil the hopes and dreams of some that just want to get rich quick and aren't contributing with anything but some liquidity (for those depositing fiat and buying XRP, not for those trading between digital assets) to the system. It will be done in a timescale defined by sustainable development and building solid foundations that are not purely based on speculation. This takes time, as anyone who has tried, or followed any company trying, to change an industry that doesn't move fast like some tech companies do (and even tech companies took their time to reach the current time-to-disruption).

Any XRP sold within this context means more XRP in circulation in the markets and less accumulated by a single entity. This may be painful in the short term for some, but has the potential to become healthier in the long term. Just a reminder that Bitcoin and Ethereum (among others), to some extent, also release more units of their native assets into the market via block rewards & transaction fees (which are awarded without the entity paying any fiat for them, instead they will be the ones selling it for fiat to pay their running expenses).

If you are trying to get rich quickly and becoming frustrated, then perhaps this is not your asset. If you are willing to wait years more to see a sustainable rise in the value of this digital asset, in a way that improves the lives of people via the services it has made more efficient and cheaper, then just put things into perspective, relax, and enjoy the ride. 

I agree with you, be patient and patient, mother of virtues !