yxxyun

Xpring invested projects

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Sebastian said:

@yxxyun, good post! 

To add more detail, in regards to the $500 million Ripple has spent on trying to find a use case for XRP, $100 million of it went to Forte.  However, as far as I know they are in no way obligated to use XRP. 

From the Forbes article which is not written by a contributor so probably more accurate.

https://fortune.com/2019/03/12/ripple-forte-blockchain-games/

Also while I have a lot of admiration for what Wietse and his team has done and continues to do with building on the XRP Leger, I am not sure it will have much impact on the XRP ecosystem.  The fact that to our knowledge virtually no independent third parties, let alone any of the Fortune 500, are building on the XRP Ledger is a concern.

Crypto Eri in her latest video mentions 100% of the Indian banking system are on XCurrent now and XRapid is only a button away from an underbanked population of 1300 million.  SBI represent 80% of the Japanese banking system.  Ripple have a very strong hub in Singapore and big footprints in Philippines, Mexico, Brazil and the UAE.  Strong rumours about the EU.  Moneygram provides marketmakers facilities and more partnerships

How much faster adoption are you expecting before you will be satisfied?

Edited by Julian_Williams

12 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

Crypto Eri in her latest video mentions 100% of the Indian banking system are on XCurrent now and XRapid is only a button away from an underbanked population of 1300 million. 

That's a bit way too optimistic - is this button going to provide liquidity and an Indian crypto/fiat exchange (when these are actually banned in India as far as I'm aware) or in other words - how would xRapid work in India?

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, iLeeT said:

That's a bit way too optimistic - is this button going to provide liquidity and an Indian crypto/fiat exchange (when these are actually banned in India as far as I'm aware) or in other words - how would xRapid work in India?

With XRapid you never actually own XRP and XRP would be for sending money home or abroad anyway.

The 'promise' of utility won't help when every BTC 5% drop takes XRP down 10% during this BTC run up. I'm curious if xPring projects have their own idea of utility timelines to gauge budgeting and forecasting.

1 hour ago, Julian_Williams said:

Crypto Eri in her latest video mentions 100% of the Indian banking system are on XCurrent now and XRapid is only a button away from an underbanked population of 1300 million.  SBI represent 80% of the Japanese banking system.  Ripple have a very strong hub in Singapore and big footprints in Philippines, Mexico, Brazil and the UAE.  Strong rumours about the EU.  Moneygram provides marketmakers facilities and more partnerships

Everything you just listed is an assumption or inference about XRP adoption, not actual adoption.   If we look at the actual XRPL and companies that have actually adopted xRapid, very little xRapid volume is occurring.   Despite all the confirmed (20 plus) xRapid customers.  

Assumptions and innuendos in XRP are dangerous.

5 minutes ago, Paradox said:

Everything you just listed is an assumption or inference about XRP adoption, not actual adoption.   If we look at the actual XRPL and companies that have actually adopted xRapid, very little xRapid volume is occurring.   Despite all the confirmed (20 plus) xRapid customers.  

My investment in speculative.  I base my speculation on evidence such as this.  if you are not able to speculate you are unable to invest in anything other that established businesses.  That's fine, but I do wonder what you are doing on this forum and even looking at crypto because it is obviously not your thing.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

My investment in speculative.  I base my speculation on evidence such as this.  if you are not able to speculate you are unable to invest in anything other that established businesses.  That's fine, but I do wonder what you are doing on this forum and even looking at crypto because it is obviously not your thing.

Its hopium to feel better, crypto eri and others are just making you feel better about your investment, nothing more honestly. Once you put your investment in and made plan, thats it, You dont speculate further, you already locked your investment, everything after is just emotional business.

Edited by Tyvole

1 minute ago, Julian_Williams said:

Who said anything about speculation?  I am commenting on factual occurrences not "speculation".   In a similar vein, how is crypto "obviously not my thing?"

I guess I will add that one to your long list of assumptions...

23 minutes ago, Paradox said:

Who said anything about speculation?  I am commenting on factual occurrences not "speculation".   In a similar vein, how is crypto "obviously not my thing?"

I guess I will add that one to your long list of assumptions...

Yes, factual in so far as you point out that the level of transfers through XRapid seen on the XRPL is small to insignificant. That is not old news and no one has ever claimed otherwise.  Galgitron has been tracking what he thinks is the signature of XRapid payments and they are encouraging.  Most investors on this forum have repeatedly written that they expect utility to make no difference to the price of XRP before 2021 or later.  We are on track.

As an investor I make balanced guesses and "assumptions", it is called taking a risk.  The tone of your posts seem to be saying that there is something reckless about my behaviour.  I put it to you that every investor in crypto takes risks in order to get high returns.  Investing in established businesses is low risk.  The tone of your post tell me you obviously do not feel comfortable with risk. ...and so yes I find your risk aversion make your posts banal and irrelevant to investors like myself..

4 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

Yes, factual in so far as you point out that the level of transfers through XRapid seen on the XRPL is small to insignificant. That is not old news and no one has ever claimed otherwise.  Galgitron has been tracking what he thinks is the signature of XRapid payments and they are encouraging.  Most investors on this forum have repeatedly written that they expect utility to make no difference to the price of XRP before 2021 or later.  We are on track.

As an investor I make balanced guesses and "assumptions", it is called taking a risk.  The tone of your posts seem to be saying that there is something reckless about my behaviour.  I put it to you that every investor in crypto takes risks in order to get high returns.  Investing in established businesses is low risk.  The tone of your post tell me you obviously do not feel comfortable with risk. ...and so yes I find your risk aversion make your posts banal and irrelevant to investors like myself..

If my posts came off that way, that was not my intent.   I certainly did not intend to question your investment choices (especially since I made the same investment :lol:).   I am clearly comfortable with risk,  or else I would not have been sticking around for 2+ years.

The intent of my post was simply to point out that despite all the positive relationships and xCurrent customers on-boarded by Ripple (which you had mentioned in your post), actual utility-based volume remains conspicuously low.  I had no intention of commenting on your personal investment choices. 

2 hours ago, Julian_Williams said:

I do not consider the idea of xRapid being a button away from all of Indian's population realistic.  As @iLeeT pointed out, there is no liquidity for the INR: https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/ripple/#markets.

It has nothing to do with being impatient or being satisfied.  The OP correctly pointed out many of the projects Ripple has invested in seem to be doing very little, if anything, with the XRP Ledger. 

I find this concerning because as @Tinyaccount correctly pointed out the XRP Leger is probably one of the better publicly available blockchains.  There are other projects out there being adopted by enterprises...

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Tyvole said:

Its hopium to feel better, crypto eri and others are just making you feel better about your investment, nothing more honestly. Once you put your investment in and made plan, thats it, You dont speculate further, you already locked your investment, everything after is just emotional business.

All you know about me is that I invest in XRP and use Cryto Eri's videos (and Hodor's) analysis as a tool for following progress in the development of the XRP ecosystem. You do not know how carefully I track my investments or how often I review them.  You do not know if I am the sort of personality that makes over-emotional decisions. (clue: I have run a business for 40 years and have a long record of staying on the rails and making good decisions).   I adapt my decisions as new information arrives. 

About hope, yes every time I invest in my business I am hoping that I have got my analysis right.  To denigrate people for having hope that their decisions for the future will turn out well seems particularly malicious.  Do you seek to ridicule undermine your friends and family when they have ambitions, dreams and goals for bettering their lives? 

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Paradox said:

If my posts came off that way, that was not my intent.   I certainly did not intend to question your investment choices (especially since I made the same investment :lol:).   I am clearly comfortable with risk,  or else I would not have been sticking around for 2+ years.

The intent of my post was simply to point out that despite all the positive relationships and xCurrent customers on-boarded by Ripple (which you had mentioned in your post), actual utility-based volume remains conspicuously low.  I had no intention of commenting on your personal investment choices. 

OK I misrepresented your post :D