Xpring invested projects

7 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

flash fx  Australia use ODL - there is a whole thread where ther founder of this service provides inside information about how well it is working for his company

isn't FlashFX a Ripple customer?

The announcement continued to explain that FlashFX is built on the latest technology, and partly integrated with the distributed-ledger protocol Ripple. This way, it removes the middlemen from the traditional transfer process and passes on the savings to you. This why they are able to offer zero transaction fees, more competitive exchange rates and speedier transfer times than other providers.

The savings compared to other solutions are impressive. The transfer time, however, seems to be much longer than what Ripple typically has to offer. Perhaps this is due to the fact that Ripple is partly integrated?

source: https://www.xrparcade.com/news/flashfx-international-money-transfers-from-australia-to-india-partly-via-ripple/ (20/2/2019)

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SB Projects:http://scooterbraun.com/ date: MAY 14, 2018 ,https://ripple.com/insights/welcome-to-xpring/ Did it use XRP now?   Omni: https://omni.co date: MAY 14, 2018 ,https

I wouldn't mind testing some of these claims. No they can't. Not unless they want another series of class actions haunting them forever. That would be tantamount to fraud so good luck proving t

To weigh in on my end (alot of good discussion since I posted!), I was the one to leave my full time job two and a half years ago (early 2018) to pursue Dev Null Productions full time. I'm a firm beli

37 minutes ago, Trisky said:

I appreciate the issues you bring up and more can be done apparently by Ripple according to your information but I doubt you see all and know what is best for Ripple? I do believe you know all about validators, want the ledger to be valuable in a meaningful way I can only imagine and appreciate you sharing concerns about the signals you get within your network.

I very much doubt that is her full intent. She just wants Ripple to be Stellar in every aspect of the company. Go and stay @stellar I would say.

It is what you mentioned before. She is an influencer that took her time learning the technical aspect of it. Very impressive the amount of knowledge she has gathered in that specific subject.

Some would say that it is also very impressive that she is doing all this under her own name, at least that is how TH sells it in every discussion that doesn't go her way. But I disagree. This is what most 'influencers' suffer from. The goal is usually not the pseudo subject they pick, the goal is themselves. Which in a way is an incentive for running a validator on itself.

Edited by Caracappa
5 minutes ago, Caracappa said:

I very much doubt that is her full intent. She just wants Ripple to be Stellar in every aspect of the company. Go and stay @stellar I would say.

Maybe she wants XRP holders to swap sides or do side investments? Maybe she is using our voice to generate more news for whatever reason? Maybe?

Go and stay @stellar I would say.

Bye bye interoperability hahahaha.

Why? I love critics in here, finally something real to discuss besides all technicalities holder's barely comprehend or pushed media items and fan video's? The reasons for this all? If the road to hell is paved with 'good' intentions ,with what the road to heaven is paved ;)?

4 minutes ago, Caracappa said:

The goal is usually not the pseudo subject they pick, the goal is themselves. Which in a way is an incentive for running one on itself.

Don't we all in a way ;)?  And exactly the point I was trying to make describing the core focus of the (influential) entity Ripple, focus on itself.

For me it's about taking something good out of everything and learn from (bad) experiences with an open mind. Crazy little me.

4 hours ago, Trisky said:

Popular opinion is great. But facts remain. Not agree with everything TH said but my ideas and accepted narratives prevent me from seeing things clearly perhaps? Isn't Ripple a company in the 'old' world with old financial connections solving old problems for old banks with old money with other ideas than you would like perhaps and lobbies we don't understand besides political influences, global circumstances and so on? No offence but the time for crypto is not there yet, and for a reason it seems. How many more years do you want to believe everything is wonderful around the ledger? Please don't get me wrong, I believe more is going on and do have seen a lot of 'info' on it, but that's just it, besides the real cases coming to fruition, and those are very little until now. 
I do understand ODL for a part and can comprehend the value it can generate but the question in this topic for me is: Can Ripple create the XRP ledger value by themselves with their partners or not at the end of the day? If the time is not right and you would stand in some big shoes at the top of the world, what would your laser focus be? And if you say all in on the ledger as Ripple CEO, I would search for another employer if you would enter that ship.
And sure Xpring delivers some, SBI is doing it's part other projects like Bitso seem to be doing great but Ripples customers are not XRP ledger community members. It's a weak point, like it or not and other more community oriented assets have that issue the other way around, the reason interoperability seems to be the priority for Ripple (wink/wink) meaning making any form of currency available within their services. This could indicated another direction as well. Great for the ledger in the end from my point of view but got nothing to do with work on the ledger as we speak. I am not insinuating anything, just thinking out loud here.

So in this world we live banks want it all because they own it all and trust me, they get it all from what I have seen recently and in the past years. Things will change sure to a new liquid world order thing and XRP will play its role, I am here and will holdl my little bags of coins. But having believes, like TH said, Ripple is going to solve the issues around the ledger 100% superfast, is a superstitious narrative in a very dangerous world, imho. Not a popular opinion and we (world/crisis) are not out of the woods yet by far, crypto not ready to adopt while the masses scream regulations. That picture is was clear a long time ago. In that way I support TH saying a revolution will not be initiated by Ripple. They will provide (freemium) corporate services with blockchain technology generating a lot of profits while holding a huge amount of 'discovered oil' ready for further development at their leisure. Besides because the own the mountain I do believe companies looking for projects calculating risks can be very hesitant to jump in.

Again I understand all work done by all parties (SBI etc.), read all the news facts on XRP, ledger and Ripple. A lot is coming (for a long time now). Am I worried? No. Why? because at the first time of speculating in XRP I calculated the risks and calculated delays by a factor 3 or 4 (worse case) after BG said 2-4 years in 2017. I added a little more a year ago. Besides, it's not my life savings because I know the risks involved, see them very clearly and don't think or dance around them.

Everything will be safe and sound for bank customers in the 'Western' world and customers 'protected, privacy in order, with their insurances and other expensive services etc. leaving 'the crumbles' for newer fintechs. At the time the competition gets a real chance it will be niche or it will be bought with the fortunes generated by custody and capturing the flows of value via a tokenized economy (newly generated flows) after all is said and done imho and the controllers dictate pace, stepped on the global (economic) breaks. If you look at the largest part of Ripple's customers base and knowing the lobbies involved besides all other possible insights we don't have, please don't think we can assume anything. BG loves 'to solve use cases for real customers', and I would do the same in his big brown shoes because contracts demand me to.

[Flak incoming, I don't give a $$$$ :focus::P. Great heaving meaningful (to me) discussions, just a fool here]

I agree with a lot of your insights, but not some of the conclusions. As someone mentioned before, Ripple has no advantage just being a enterprise software company. It's easy to play catch up in that arena, especially by incumbents. I doubt anyone who signed up for Ripple, had any illusions about the risks of what they are trying to achieve and in fact are more likely to jump ship the day Ripple makes that pivot. No one can predict, but things are definitely moving faster in the regulation sphere and so why would Ripple shift focus now? 

Ripple's actions are very much in alignment with what they say is their strategy. The way to bring relevance (at least initial) to XRPL and XRP is through cross border remittances and that is what the company is doing today. Contrary to what others may want you to believe, the biggest hurdles to that goal are regulations, liquidity, etc, not a lack of developer ecosystem or lack of reliable validators. If there is success in that use case, nothing else matters and it is that use-case which is most likely to come to fruition. So why does Ripple focusing on that mean they don't care about XRPL or XRP?

Even then why don't projects like Polysign, PayId, Xumm etc matter? I mean they all have Ripple's influence one way or other and they all are geared towards fostering XRP adoption. How are we sure today that Ripple doesn't care about XRP? What real evidence do we have?

I don't see substance in the "sky is falling down- the network almost stopped" narrative. Multi-billion dollar companies/banks have had their core functionalities halted in production due to multiple reasons (Facebook, Twitter, Netflix, CaptialOne etc). I take comfort from the fact that Ripple didn't respond frantically, which tells me it is not a big problem. If you interpret that as complacency and lack of interest despite their efforts in other arenas, we'll just have to agree to disagree. I'll take any bet that says, if XRP fails that'll be because of a lack of reliable validators!  

As a side note - a question to a point you made, why does Ripple owning a majority of XRP a negative for a bank who uses ODL? I've never fully comprehended why FIs would see that as a risk. I mean for people who are going to own and speculate on it - yes, I see a risk. But for a FI who is sourcing liquidity, why is that a risk?

20 hours ago, LungiDevil said:

I agree with a lot of your insights, but not some of the conclusions.

I am sorry I am not able to clearly present my views in relation to the business model of Ripple for as far as I can comprehend it. The assumed conclusion you have made based upon my posts, don't make sense to me. Or I am not understanding you correctly it seems.

I'll try again; Ripple's KPI's and contracts will have nothing to do with the XRPL (in most cases) I believe. 

Can we also agree if they lose customers because Ripple's focus would be on the ledger and not the use cases of their customers, BG wouldn't be CEO at this moment? Can we also agree coming from TH saying Ripple moved all XRPL expertise to Xpring as far as she knows it, we can at least assume a big part of truth can be found within that statement until we discover otherwise for now? And maybe there is logic in that as well? I don't know more about it, love my own thoughts a lot but it wouldn't be fair to me following them blindly of course.

I am not talking about the validators issues or the long term commitment of Ripple to preserve the XRP 'ecosystem', whatever that means or Ripple not understanding the value of their oil. I am talking 'priorities' by Ripple in relation to their developments at specific moments in time, like the phase we are in now. Can you please keep that part of the discussion with TH please?, I don't have any additional insights on that issue, thanks.

Even then why don't projects like Polysign, PayId, Xumm etc matter? I mean they all have Ripple's influence one way or other and they all are geared towards fostering XRP adoption. How are we sure today that Ripple doesn't care about XRP? What real evidence do we have?

I didn't say they don't care about XRP (I said their main use case until now is selling it besides investments / 'costs') and I use Xumm myself. Facts are, little activity on the ledger. PayID is not an XRPL product. SBI coming, PolyS, Mooja, R3 ao, I know. It's all coming for a long time now.

As a side note - a question to a point you made, why does Ripple owning a majority of XRP a negative for a bank who uses ODL? I've never fully comprehended why FIs would see that as a risk. I mean for people who are going to own and speculate on it - yes, I see a risk. But for a FI who is sourcing liquidity, why is that a risk?

If the lion share of coins are centrally hold, all kinds of risk come from it i can imagine. I don't understand the reason of risk assessment by banks and if this is/was a big issue to begin with. What I can see is banks are preparing rigorously for a chain future for a while now. A lot of them are Ripple customers and they seem to benefit already (without the ledger mostly) and the 'adoption phase' far from reality it seems. Again? What should the focus be? And if regulations, customer safety, assets safety are the mayor issues, as the narrative goes, don't you think an XRPL-ledger will have the lowest priority, besides the possible risks? Tomorrow we can re-evaluate but it seems a crisis will have it's effects on our world first we have to consider as well imho.

From what I understood (the little I know) the biggest issue in relation to adopting the technology are the actual customers/investors primarily holding back (and regulations partly preventing new entries). I found a lot of these signals and have to agree on the point, awareness within those groups would benefit the sector the most. If you leave it to mass media the narratives are known; fear and warnings to get the message across.

Edited by Trisky
1 hour ago, Trisky said:

I'll try again; Ripple's KPI's and contracts will have nothing to do with the XRPL (in most cases) I believe. 

Sigh. I am bad at analogies, so at the risk of sounding stupid, here goes... It's bit like looking at a railways company and saying hey look - All their contracts are about laying tracks and collecting money for people using the tracks. And their tracks can support any manufacturer's train, why are customers going use our train?????

Sure they make some money on the tracks currently, but I am happy they are the ones laying the tracks. They have 50B of those trains sitting in their garage too. Will those trains ever run on those tracks, I don't know. But will those trains ever run if there are no tracks? Of course not. So why are you looking at them laying tracks and saying "Well it has got nothing to do with the trains in their garage"?

Please watch the latest video (more than an hour, but worth it) from David Schwartz on Untold Stories. He explains very clearly how the company started, what they learned , how they have to offer their customers 'something' today and present them with the road-map of evolution (including DAs) to be successful. Will they be successful, I don't know. Have they moved their priorities away from the ledger/XRP, heck no!! Just presenting their current contracts is not evidence for that FUD.

1 hour ago, Trisky said:

Can we also agree coming from TH saying Ripple moved all XRPL expertise to Xpring as far as she knows it, we can at least assume a big part of truth can be found within that statement until we discover otherwise for now? And maybe there is logic in that as well? I don't know more about it, love my own thoughts a lot but it wouldn't be fair to me following them blindly of course.

And why is that a problem? Genuine question that one. If Ripple's focus is only on cross border payments, do we think the XRPL is not ready for handling cross-border payments? I assume it is good enough to be in production, but I am open to learning why not. Even then, last I checked DS is with Ripple and I assume he might know how a thing or two about XRPL. May be he's old and losing it now, TH might know.

Some nice 'Zohnerism' there with that narrative (Side note: If you don't know zohnerism, it's hilarious and just a 2 min read. Shows how people take seemingly harmless and true events to create FUD).

1 hour ago, Trisky said:

I am talking 'priorities' by Ripple in relation to their developments at specific moments in time, like the phase we are in now. Can you please keep that part of the discussion with TH please?

Fair point about validators. But as I mentioned earlier, there is no evidence that the priority of Ripple is not XRPL or XRP. On the other hand, their efforts on RippleNet in conjunction with regulators, exchanges and custodial services strongly suggest otherwise.

Please give me one other reason than, "Oh, if Ripple succeeds with RippleNet they still make money and they don't need XRPL to make money". That is a very myopic view and one that doesn't hold water.

1 hour ago, Trisky said:

I didn't say they don't care about XRP (I said their main use case until now is selling it besides investments / 'costs') and I use Xumm myself. Facts are, little activity on the ledger. PayID is not an XRPL product. SBI coming, PolyS, Mooja, R3 ao, I know. It's all coming for a long time now.

And how is it different from any other crypto? Which one has a fully recognized use-case for which the DA is used primarily? We are simply in that stage of the crypto market, where early investors/creators are a) Reaping benefits of their success so far and b) Continuing to innovate to make DAs a mainstream success. Just because (a) is true doesn't mean (b) is false.  For Ripple, (b) is Adoption of XRPL / XRP in the cross-border payment world. If we're going to feel uncomfortable about (a), crypto is not the market for us. Frankly (a) cannot be sustained without (b). So again why would Ripple ditch/de-prioritize (b) when they hold 50B coins?

"PayID is not a XRPL product" - Why does a project have to be on XRPL for XRPL's success? Ripple prioritizing XRPL != New project code commits every week on XRPL. How can you not associate Ripple's leadership in this project in bringing standards to an industry with their goals for XRPL/XRP? If they are solely focused on RippleNet as you repeatedly say why work on de-cluttering and simplifying DA space.

"It's all coming for a long time now." - As it will in future too. Or may never happen. That's an inherent risk and not currently an indicator that Ripple's focus has changed.

"I didn't say they don't care about XRP" - Eh? But you sure seem to think it is not their first priority to make XRP / XRPL relevant and adopted. Po-tay-to, Po-taah-to!

1 hour ago, Trisky said:

If the lion share of coins are centrally hold, all kinds of risk come from it i can imagine. I don't understand the reason of risk assessment by banks and if this is/was a big issue to begin with

If you can imagine, please elaborate. If not, pleas don't associate an independent event (banks doing 'risk assessment', whatever that was) with a situation you seem to be uncomfortable about (Ripple holding coins).

2 hours ago, Trisky said:

A lot of them are Ripple customers and they seem to benefit already (without the ledger mostly) and the 'adoption phase' far from reality it seems. Again? What should the focus be?

It is up to everyone's judgement on this. It is by no means a home-run. But Ripple's actions don't seem to indicate they've given up on it and changed their focus away from XRPL.

From what I understood (the little I know) the biggest issue in relation to adopting the technology are the actual customers/investors primarily holding back (and regulations partly preventing new entries).

Most will agree and it is obvious I think. You're describing the risk of the project not coming to fruition.

However, where I seem to have a disagreement is with your conclusion from that  risk -  Ripple don't have XRPL/XRP as their first priority or as a wildly important goal.

2 hours ago, LungiDevil said:

And why is that a problem? Genuine question that one.

I didn't say it is a problem, it was something TH said. Don't twist words and I don't have time to repeat sorry.. You said the ledger is Ripple top priority right now and creating discussion for the discussion it seems to me.

Fair point about validators. But as I mentioned earlier, there is no evidence that the priority of Ripple is not XRPL or XRP. On the other hand, their efforts on RippleNet in conjunction with regulators, exchanges and custodial services strongly suggest otherwise.

Please give me one other reason than, "Oh, if Ripple succeeds with RippleNet they still make money and they don't need XRPL to make money". That is a very myopic view and one that doesn't hold water.

You are creating things here I didn't say or intended to say. I am sorry for expressing myself so foolishly it seems? I made clear statements on that. Not saying Ripple doesn't have XRP as priority. I like your narrative don't get me wrong and I will hope everything goes as you think it will.

"PayID is not a XRPL product" - Why does a project have to be on XRPL for XRPL's success?

Forgive me, I believe you brought up points against statements TH made. You brought PayID into the mix, I have no clue what that got to do with anything besides interoperability. The point was made by TH about wanting more development from the community and/or outside Ripple's stakeholder group. I love the wonderful additional thoughts you present in discussion on a forum. Seems successful.

"I didn't say they don't care about XRP" - Eh? But you sure seem to think it is not their first priority to make XRP / XRPL relevant and adopted. Po-tay-to, Po-taah-to!

And here I am getting out. Sorry for not being more clear and you seem to be unable to review posts you are reacting to. A sensible discussion this way cost me too much time. I wish you the best.

On 8/1/2020 at 7:36 AM, Caracappa said:

She just wants Ripple to be Stellar in every aspect of the company.

I wanted the XRPL to benefit everyone, not just a select few. I guess because you guys think that you’re going to be a part of the select few, instead of the suckers paying for it, is why only a person on the receiving end fights for you. It’s like a modern day episode of the Twilight Zone. Don’t get me wrong, I love flying first class from vacation to vacation, but this isn’t why I became interested in crypto. 

On 8/1/2020 at 5:59 AM, Trisky said:

I do understand ODL for a part and can comprehend the value it can generate but the question in this topic for me is: Can Ripple create the XRP ledger value by themselves with their partners or not at the end of the day? If the time is not right and you would stand in some big shoes at the top of the world, what would your laser focus be? And if you say all in on the ledger as Ripple CEO, I would search for another employer if you would enter that ship..

It's a weak point, like it or not and other more community oriented assets have that issue the other way around, the reason interoperability seems to be the priority for Ripple (wink/wink) meaning making any form of currency available within their services. This could indicated another direction as well. Great for the ledger in the end from my point of view but got nothing to do with work on the ledger as we speak. I am not insinuating anything, just thinking out loud here.

But having believes, like TH said, Ripple is going to solve the issues around the ledger 100% superfast, is a superstitious narrative in a very dangerous world, imho. Not a popular opinion and we (world/crisis) are not out of the woods yet by far, crypto not ready to adopt while the masses scream regulations. That picture is was clear a long time ago. In that way I support TH saying a revolution will not be initiated by Ripple. They will provide (freemium) corporate services with blockchain technology generating a lot of profits while holding a huge amount of 'discovered oil' ready for further development at their leisure. Besides because the own the mountain I do believe companies looking for projects calculating risks can be very hesitant to jump in.

If you look at the largest part of Ripple's customers base and knowing the lobbies involved besides all other possible insights we don't have, please don't think we can assume anything. BG loves 'to solve use cases for real customers', and I would do the same in his big brown shoes because contracts demand me to.

Edited for brevity. Your words man. You can't follow that up with:

In response to my position that you think " XRP/XPRL is not the FIRST priority for Ripple"

You are creating things here I didn't say or intended to say. I am sorry for expressing myself so foolishly it seems? I made clear statements on that. Not saying Ripple doesn't have XRP as priority.

In response to if Ripple holding coins is a problem?

I didn't say it is a problem, it was something TH said. Don't twist words and I don't have time to repeat sorry.. You said the ledger is Ripple top priority right now and creating discussion for the discussion it seems to me.

What is your real position then?

15 minutes ago, TiffanyHayden said:

I wanted the XRPL to benefit everyone, not just a select few. I guess because you guys think that you’re going to be a part of the select few, instead of the suckers paying for it, is why only a person on the receiving end fights for you. It’s like a modern day episode of the Twilight Zone. Don’t get me wrong, I love flying first class from vacation to vacation, but this isn’t why I became interested in crypto. 

Genuinely curious. How is Ripple stopping anyone from using XPRL for their use cases/benefit? 

14 minutes ago, TiffanyHayden said:

Oh, and the reason Ripple hasn’t made any commitments to XRP holders is because that would make it a security. 

Yes, and this is news because? If anyone is putting money in XRP thinking Ripple has an obligation to them, that's stupid. Identifying that Ripple has a huge incentive to foster XRP adoption and hence speculating on it is very different from thinking Ripple has a commitment towards holders. I doubt the more serious bag holders are in the later category.

23 hours ago, TiffanyHayden said:

I see that money can still buy a first-class ticket, but not class.

Get off the Twitter and stop hanging around with douchebags.

Not trying to be mean - but this thread was exhausting to read.

Edited by NightJanitor
Don't take money, don't take fame - don
On 8/3/2020 at 1:33 PM, NightJanitor said:

I see that money can still buy a first-class ticket, but not class.

Get off the Twitter and stop hanging around with douchebags.

Not trying to be mean - but this thread was exhausting to read.

I don’t know what decade she thinks it is but here in 2020 posting instas of how rich you are is one of the trashier things you can do.

Would much rather see her UNICEF receipts, but hey I’m just some guy who still has his humanity.