Xpring invested projects

yxxyun

5 minutes ago, Trisky said:

Ripple worked on onboarding banks and ODL. They have a layered approach it seems and appreciate the value of XRP now and in the future for sure lol.
They are on the rise because of XRP. But it's a risk to assume their primary focus is on the ledger. Their primary focus is Ripple (and their customer base). Their product suite contains an asset element (an important one indeed, highly valuable from my perspective). 

I actually think the other way around.

They hold 50Bn XRP. Everytime they 'sustainably' increase the value of XRP  by $.01, their company becomes worth an additional $500Mn. They can't sell enough software to reach the value of XRP sustainably reaching let's say $5. RippleNet is a necessary and the biggest step towards building XRP adoption. 

If I were on Ripple's leadership team, I'd be razor focused on bringing utility to XRP, the first step of which is to bring RippleNet adoption.

I can definitely see the side of the argument that, if XRP fails they still have RippleNet to fall back on and make money. But I don't think it is in their interest to make that pivot today, this early in the digital asset market.

8 hours ago, Trisky said:

@TiffanyHayden Do you know how many people (incl. Ripple stakeholders) are working on the ledger (as far as you aware of)?

You can look at GitHub to see who’s contributing. If you had asked me how many people from Ripple work on the XRPL, I would’ve answered none. They off-loaded those people onto Xpring, whatever Xpring is. 

I don’t even know who makes any of the software RippleNet uses because it’s not the people who work on the XRPL, which uses C++. Different people, different team, different language, different goals. Do you those people got offloaded onto Xpring? 

Edited by TiffanyHayden

7 hours ago, LungiDevil said:

I actually think the other way around.

They hold 50Bn XRP. Everytime they 'sustainably' increase the value of XRP  by $.01, their company becomes worth an additional $500Mn. They can't sell enough software to reach the value of XRP sustainably reaching let's say $5. RippleNet is a necessary and the biggest step towards building XRP adoption. 

If I were on Ripple's leadership team, I'd be razor focused on bringing utility to XRP, the first step of which is to bring RippleNet adoption.

I can definitely see the side of the argument that, if XRP fails they still have RippleNet to fall back on and make money. But I don't think it is in their interest to make that pivot today, this early in the digital asset market.

I find many of Tiffany's observations worrying, and want to believe that people at Ripple are concerned enough not to allow the XRPL to fail.

I would add that Ripplenet, whilst ahead of the game, is a software option that could be reproduced by other companies with a mind to do it.  Ripplenet plus ODL becomes a much more potent mix, much harder to reproduce from scratch.  ODL is the jewel in Ripplenet's crown, and ODL needs Ripplenet to open doors into the boardrooms of FIs.  They make each other stronger.

Outside of XRP holders who think it’s going to be some sort of world reserve currency, there are well known companies that don’t have a high opinion of it. I wish more people would talk to industry leaders themselves. Somebody from IBM told me IBM was interested in running a trial on the XRPL, but in the end he couldn’t tell if Ripple had anything more than a marketing department. The only people willing to talk wanted to setup press releases. He said they could talk about press releases after trialing the tech. Radio silence. Another executive told me that Ripple runs a full scale fx operation. They have 90 employees that work on it. It’s called XRP desk or something like that. He didn’t have a high opinion of XRP either. 

Edited by TiffanyHayden

1 minute ago, TiffanyHayden said:

That could be used with any other crypto or no crypto at all. 

yes, but XRP is ideally suited for this purpose and the MM are being set up to support XRP provide the liquidity for ODL.  Also if XRP is adopted as the DA for ODL, and DL takes off, Ripple will through it ownership of 50% of the supply become the richest company on earth.

Just now, Julian_Williams said:

yes, but XRP is ideally suited for this purpose and the MM are being set up to support XRP provide the liquidity for ODL.  Also if XRP is adopted as the DA for ODL, and DL takes off, Ripple will through it ownership of 50% of the supply become the richest company on earth.

Only XRP holders think XRP is ideally suited for anything. 
Can you please show me a few screenshots of applications utilizing ODL?

4 minutes ago, TiffanyHayden said:

Whoever is able to charge for transactions, gets the keys to the castle. 
This is what everyone is competing for right now, even though nobody will say it out loud.

Actually, Brad has been very honest that Ripple plans to make money from transaction fees. I have to find the article, but he said it plain as day. 

Edited by TiffanyHayden