yxxyun

Xpring invested projects

9 minutes ago, elias said:

More like damn liars.

Seems people are pretty bitter that XRP hasn't moved according to expectations after all that's transpired...

1 minute ago, richxrp said:

Seems people are pretty bitter that XRP hasn't moved according to expectations after all that's transpired...

I just don't like liars.

2 minutes ago, elias said:

I just don't like liars.

Nobody does. It undermines trust.

However just think for a minute  ... deeply ...  You have your perspective.  Everybody else has theirs.  Perhaps your perspective is only born out of what you know and learn and for others it's the same on their end.  Perhaps .. maybe just maybe.. Ripple's perspective encompasses a lot of other things you do not know or hear of outside the company and that is where the difference lies ?

Posted (edited)

My advice for those feeling the anxiety of XRP not moving:

1.  Relax. Think about why you have this perspective.

2.  If you find you are too dependent on XRP to succeed you should think of your investment as pure risk money which can be here today and gone tomorrow.

3.  De-Risk to the point where you don't have this level of dependency and anxiety.

Edited by richxrp

28 minutes ago, elias said:

I just don't like liars.

And now Ripple and Xpring are liars based on @yxxyun (hurukan) garbage research?  How could anyone possibly think they know what’s actually going on behind the scenes with these companies?  Don’t let the perma-negativity get to you.  It’s his/her MO and has been for many years.  

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, richxrp said:

2.  If you find you are too dependent on XRP to succeed you should think of your investment as pure risk money which can be here today and gone tomorrow.

3.  De-Risk to the point where you don't have this level of dependency.

Many here, including myself are not frustrated because of price, but rather the lack of realized utility.   I could care less what the price of XRP is if there was any detectable level utility-based volume occurring on the ledger.    The proof is on the ledger - and so far there isn't any.

Remember 1,400 strong Catalyst Corporate Credit Union? Where is the volume?  Marjan recently said there are more than 20 financial institutions using it,  yet no meaningful volume on the only two xRapid enabled exchanges in xRapid destination countries - Coins.PH and Bitso.

Ripple has also continuously pivoted on XRP's specific bridging purpose.   First, it was to replace the "27 trillion" sitting in the nostro/vostro accounts of banks - but XRP did not have the liquidity, adoption, or regulatory clarity to make that a reality.   Now it is being positioned only as a liquidity solution for remittance into two exotic corridors and has admitted that banks are not adopting it yet.   While its a good place to start,  even if XRP captured the full global remittance total into the Philippines, it would only amount to about $79 million a day in volume on average. ($28.9B / 365)   Sure, more corridors could be opened in the future - but this would require the creation of trustworthy exchanges with local fiat rail connections to be on-boarded as xRapid partner exchanges and all of the other ancillary work that goes into building the necessary infrastructure.

Don't get me wrong,  I still have faith in XRP long term - however for reasons I have described above (along with SBI continually delaying and the disengagement of Ripple staff from the wider XRP community) I have become irritated.

All of this is going to take a lot longer than people think.

Edited by Paradox

32 minutes ago, richxrp said:

3.  De-Risk to the point where you don't have this level of dependency and anxiety.

Well said, @richxrp. This is exactly what I was trying to say with my post last year (it was much longer though). Your advice is much more straight forward :)

Posted (edited)

I've been around this for a bit and one thing that is a constant is that pivots happen, products come out of nowhere, and partnerships don't mean anything. People wonder why XRP was under a cent for years? xRapid didn't exist until Spring 2017, I'm not sure they even knew what to do with XRP prior to that. I've just come to the conclusion that 2019 is done. 2020 is the utility year. And innuendos and things like that from higher ups were unnecessary. It's ludicrous price action. I don't think the escrow was structured properly. For instance, I never thought billions of XRP were ever going to be dumped on the market anyway. Now - after the escrow - they are. We know retail has been bled dry and if FIs are not buying XRP than it's really not being distributed because it just gets re-locked up by the same entity. I just hope the hopium of IMF and ECB etc and plans within plans is real. What the reality is now? People have a right to be p-I-s-s-e-d. They have a right to be p-I-s-s-e-d that sudden and unforeseen and really baseless price movement in late 2017 early 2018 seemed to be used as a measure of validity whereas it might've just been overall market dynamics. And for those that sold and got to hang out without worry for a year and half, all the power to you, but the question than becomes was this an investment on your end or a quick hit gamble?

Edited by Guest

Ripple has very loftly goals....XRP is one of them, but they are very much trying to follow the "build it and they will come" mentality with initiatives like Xpring and products like Xcurrent.  Digital assets / Crypto will forever be a radioactive substance to these major institutions until the SEC / IRS / CFTC provide a lot more clarity.  That's just the truth of it.  I expect the IRS to release much more clarity around taxation within the US sometime in the next 5 months before tax season begins again. 

Corporations aren't going to really do much with these tangible assets until clarity is provided.  Will they use blockchain tech in the meantime?  Sure.  But digital assets are off limits until someone somewhere says these are going to be processed and handled this way.  Fortune 500 companies aren't going to risk their existing business and customer base until their is regulatory clarity.  They are in no rush and I think that's why you can see lots of conversations ongoing and plenty of interest in products like Xcurrent, but not nearly as much interest in XRPL / Xrapid / XRP utility usage.

And to be honest I am very excited to get more details on Moneygram's partnership.  That is not a move Ripple makes without a pretty clear plan in place on both sides of that fence.  The other ongoing projects like XUMM are also very cool and I look forward to seeing what kind of consumer products or consumer product integration we'll see with XRP eventually.

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Zedy44 said:

Ripple has very loftly goals....XRP is one of them, but they are very much trying to follow the "build it and they will come" mentality with initiatives like Xpring and products like Xcurrent.  Digital assets / Crypto will forever be a radioactive substance to these major institutions until the SEC / IRS / CFTC provide a lot more clarity.  That's just the truth of it.  I expect the IRS to release much more clarity around taxation within the US sometime in the next 5 months before tax season begins again. 

Corporations aren't going to really do much with these tangible assets until clarity is provided.  Will they use blockchain tech in the meantime?  Sure.  But digital assets are off limits until someone somewhere says these are going to be processed and handled this way.  Fortune 500 companies aren't going to risk their existing business and customer base until their is regulatory clarity.  They are in no rush and I think that's why you can see lots of conversations ongoing and plenty of interest in products like Xcurrent, but not nearly as much interest in XRPL / Xrapid / XRP utility usage.

And to be honest I am very excited to get more details on Moneygram's partnership.  That is not a move Ripple makes without a pretty clear plan in place on both sides of that fence.  The other ongoing projects like XUMM are also very cool and I look forward to seeing what kind of consumer products or consumer product integration we'll see with XRP eventually.

I don't think at this point there is going to be an apex moment of regulation. I think most are concerned that statements and expectations have not been set by the community but others. And why was that in the context of your post - or even, 'how' was that given the intelligence involved? We all have to do our analysis here and public communication will always trump TA. Hodlers got dumped on the last 18 months in both narrative and value. You can't read the tea leaves as a community but others can and it still turned out to so far be wrong.

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, SevenBees said:

I don't think at this point there is going to be an apex moment of regulation. I think most are concerned that statements and expectations have not been set by the community but others. And why was that in the context of your post - or even, 'how' was that given the intelligence involved? We all have to do our analysis here and public communication will always trump TA. You can't read the tea leaves as a community but others can and it still turned out to so far be wrong.

The announcement of Libra was, ironically, one of the best announcements to come this year.  FB has simultaneously forced all of the different regulatory bodies into putting out some kind of clarity around taxation and utility usage of a digital asset within the US sometime in the next 18 months.  My guess is that they'll try to deliver clearer details before the 2019 tax year begins, but maybe we'll have to wait a bit longer.  Certainly by the end of 2020 there has to be some framework in place whether its established regulations / laws or guidance.  Or a mix of both.

Not really sure how to answer your question in the 3rd sentence.  My posts contain my opinions and if the thread discussion regarding different publicly announced initiatives around XRP / XRPL is going to devolve into "I told you so!  They are liars!  None of it is true!", then I'm going to share thoughts as to why I think that mindset is a bit misguided given all of the progress that has happened in the last 18 months.

1 minute ago, aye-epp said:

It's amazing to me how many people fail to recognize that Ripple is a tech startup and not an "XRP or die" crypto kid company.

True. Besides, there are enough pump and dump sh!tcoins out there, nobody should feel forced to hang on to XRP. 

Posted (edited)

Ethereum as a platform have many use case on it.  these use cases made Ethereum as platform more value than ETH. For example the stable coin,  USDT, USDC, TUSD, PAX, etc are all on Ethereum, these are all add value to Ethereum platform, same can be implemented on XRPL. It's fine for Ripple to be XRP focused,  but for Xpring,  why not bring more use case to XRPL?  

I'm not to blame kava, just use it as example,  the stable coin USDX things can be implemented on XRPL,  why not? 

Edited by yxxyun