Xpring invested projects

yxxyun

9 minutes ago, Jerrybo said:

I don't see that as a big issue. XRPL API is quite good documented and not that hard to learn. There isn't any exotic programming language *solidity**cough* :) I don’t see XRPL just as a playground for interested coders. It’s a platform like others you can use. With any idea I'm going to choose the environment which fits the best. I don't see any big issue here.
The lesser incentive there is, the bigger the idealistic motivation must be. The ICO chess move was a great idea.

Why would anyone sacrifice funding to build on the XRPL when every other crypto has designated funding and values developers so much they are practically courted? 

8 minutes ago, TiffanyHayden said:

If developers aren't encouraged to tinker, build, experiment, and LEARN on the XRPL, why would they think about the XRPL at all?

You brought up this issue a long time in here if I remember correctly and I have to agree from what I have seen, I am not all that happy with Ripples efforts.
What could be Ripples design not supporting community efforts on the XRP ledger in a far more generous manner from your perspective? The have everything available to them to kill it so if they don't, what could this imply?

2 minutes ago, TiffanyHayden said:

Why would anyone sacrifice funding to build on the XRPL when every other crypto has designated funding and values developers so much they are practically courted? 

I think we have to be fair here. Neither with Bitcoin nor Ethereum, nor any other serious platform there is an easy funding rain for my ideas. If my idea is it worth, I’m going to find a funding independent of my chosen platform.

15 minutes ago, ced said:

Still, your point is valid there is no insentive for XRP entrepreneur, but i do not see the difference with other crypto as developer / entrepreneur ?

in wich way it is easier for ETH devs / entrepreneur or bitcoin ?

FUNDING. 

In the beginning, Ripple originally promised to give away 55 billion XRP. Apparently they not only changed their mind about giving it to individuals, no explicit commitments have been made for the XRPL, which lacks basic infrastructure. Ripple boasts on their website that the XRPL can handle 1500 TPS, but the infrastructure for that doesn't exist. 

Here are the commitments made for the Stellar network (in XLM):

12 billion: SDF operating fund dedicated to n aggressive program of direct development and advocacy for Stellar

2 billion: Ecosystem support

1 billion: Infrastructure and Indie development support

1 billion: Currency support

10 billion: Use-case investment

2 billion: New Products

8 billion: Enterprise Fund (used to either acquire or invest in businesses that have potential for the Stellar ecosystem)

6 billion: User Acquisition 

2 billion: Marketing Support

4 billion: In-app distribution

TEZOS

The Tezos Foundation granted over $37 million to ecosystem projects just in the last six months.

ETHEREUM 

The Ethereum Community Fund: $100 million

The Ethereum Foundation: $21 million

12 minutes ago, Jerrybo said:

I think we have to be fair here. Neither with Bitcoin nor Ethereum, nor any other serious platform there is an easy funding rain for my ideas. If my idea is it worth, I’m going to find a funding independent of my chosen platform.

They all have funding for developers. Every crypto does except XRP.  

19 minutes ago, Trisky said:

You brought up this issue a long time in here if I remember correctly and I have to agree from what I have seen, I am not all that happy with Ripples efforts.
What could be Ripples design not supporting community efforts on the XRP ledger in a far more generous manner from your perspective? The have everything available to them to kill it so if they don't, what could this imply?

I don't know. It almost seems like they intentionally keep outsiders off. It's been 7 years and no non-Ripple affiliated businesses have wanted to build on it. Isn't that strange?

4 minutes ago, TiffanyHayden said:

They all have funding for developers. Every crypto does except XRP.  

Honestly, I don't think the funding is an issue. There is so much money around in the world as never before. I'm convined that you will get a funding for any idea if it's worth. That's not a question of the platform you use.
Never in my career any possible investor told me "but you have to use platform x".

Just now, TiffanyHayden said:

I don't know. It almost seems like they intentionally keep outsiders off. It's been 7 years and no non-Ripple affiliated businesses have wanted to build on it. Isn't that strange?

I might have been the only asshole to try, lol. 

casheer Bitcoin Miami Ripple XRP app startup.png

casheer BTC Miami .jpg

3 minutes ago, TiffanyHayden said:

I would argue, they just don't care if anyone else uses XRPL or not. I don't see currently a prosper ecosystem for XRPL nor serious efforts of Ripple to establish one. That's ok for me.

Just now, Jerrybo said:

I would argue, they just don't care if anyone else uses XRPL or not. I don't see currently a prosper ecosystem for XRPL nor serious efforts of Ripple to establish one. That's ok for me.

Look to Ethereum to see how it's done right. 

Look to the XRPL to see the opposite. 

toast toast.png

You think developers who are in high demand would work for free when every single other crypto provides funding? 

I'm convinced EVERY good idea finds a funding. In my eyes, often people tend to think their idea is better than it actually is.

Look to Ethereum to see how it's done right. 

Look to the XRPL to see the opposite.

I refuse to judge here which projects are worth a funding. In my opinion, this would lead to an ineffective debate of subjective opinions.

6 minutes ago, Jerrybo said:

I'm convinced EVERY good idea finds a funding. In my eyes, often people tend to think their idea is better than it actually is.

It's not about an idea. It's about a vital resource that doesn't exist on the XRPL -developers. It doesn't matter how good your idea is or how much money you have if nobody knows how to implement it on the XRPL. 

In the past 7 years, we could have been building a strong foundation from which to build on. But there is nothing but the absolute bare minimum and only a handful of people who understand how things work.

Edited by TiffanyHayden

3 minutes ago, TiffanyHayden said:

It's not about an idea. It's about a vital resource that doesn't exist on the XRPL -developers. It doesn't matter how good your idea is or how much money you have if nobody knows how to implement it on the XRPL. 

In the past 7 years, we could have been building a strong foundation from which to build on. But there is nothing but the absolute bare minimum and only a handful of people who understand how things work.

In my opinion it's all about the idea. A horde of apprentices without ideas and visions won't be able to establish an ecosystem. Given a good idea learning XRPL specifics isn't that hard.

I think we see the same problem, just with different reasons and other point of views. Thank you for exchanging minds.