Xpring invested projects

On 11/27/2019 at 4:16 AM, BAX said:

https://www.coindesk.com/ripple-backed-rental-firm-omni-shutting-down-with-coinbase-snapping-up-dev-team-report

So one of the projects its closing down and the money from XRP is gone.

XPRING should seize it operations. XPRING its only hurting XRP ecosystem.

So far XPRING is useless and some people should be fired!

@nikb@JoelKatz@miguel Guys your opinions are greatly appreciated here and needed in times like these!

Holy cow.  That's distressing. 

It was a brilliant idea too. They could have taken it in so many directions,  had physical stores to concentrate merchandise,  had kiosks in libraries and other public places. 

Put them in poor neighborhoods where they would not have the space to store tools in smaller homes and apartments. 

Disappointed by the people who squandered the money and couldn't get more help and ideas, then just gave up?

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SB Projects:http://scooterbraun.com/ date: MAY 14, 2018 ,https://ripple.com/insights/welcome-to-xpring/ Did it use XRP now?   Omni: https://omni.co date: MAY 14, 2018 ,https

I wouldn't mind testing some of these claims. No they can't. Not unless they want another series of class actions haunting them forever. That would be tantamount to fraud so good luck proving t

To weigh in on my end (alot of good discussion since I posted!), I was the one to leave my full time job two and a half years ago (early 2018) to pursue Dev Null Productions full time. I'm a firm beli

1 hour ago, DividendGamer said:

Holy cow.  That's distressing. 

It was a brilliant idea too. They could have taken it in so many directions,  had physical stores to concentrate merchandise,  had kiosks in libraries and other public places. 

Put them in poor neighborhoods where they would not have the space to store tools in smaller homes and apartments. 

Disappointed by the people who squandered the money and couldn't get more help and ideas, then just gave up?

That's wasn't bad idea, but they was only available locally at San Francisco Area. 

I know about similar crowdsharing service https://fatllama.com, but that sort of business isn't popular now. .. Maybe it will be in the future 

Edited by wasniewskikamil
  • 7 months later...
18 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

keep asking - that way you will become familiar to them and your chances become much higher

We're pretty familiar w/ many folks at ripple, have met many of their engineers, managers, etc in person at various conferences, meetups, etc around the world but will do.

Continued support from the community helps (you guys are really awesome!), want to get it to the point that its an "obvious" direction to go in.

Edited by DevNullProd
27 minutes ago, DevNullProd said:

We're pretty familiar w/ many folks at ripple, have met many of their engineers, managers, etc in person at various conferences, meetups, etc around the world but will do.

Continued support from the community helps (you guys are really awesome!), want to get it to the point that its an "obvious" direction to go in.

Having seen some of the large funding going seemingly willy nilly to other outfits,  it’s very disappointing to hear that Xpring can’t find some funding for you.

Fellow developers @nikb @JoelKatz @mDuo13 if you get a chance to mention this in the right ears...  showing some love to XRPL devs seems like a good and wise thing to me.

Would be good if they simply announce/disclose it. Originally, it was pitched like:

https://ripple.com/insights/welcome-to-xpring/

"That’s why today we are announcing Xpring (pronounced Spring). Xpring is a new initiative by Ripple that will invest in, incubate, acquire and provide grants to companies and projects run by proven entrepreneurs. Every entrepreneur will use the digital asset XRP and the XRP Ledger, the open-sourced, decentralized technology behind XRP, to solve their customers’ problems in a transformative way."

The sentence in bold was never true even from the get go though. 

56 minutes ago, TiffanyHayden said:

and since it doesn't look like they plan to, is why I shared the tweets here. This might be all we get. 

Yeah thanks for that. I do appreciate it since I was still thinking they were as stated at start.  

Ripple said they wanted to encourage community development on the XRPL. 

These Devnull folk seem like contenders if anyone at Ripple is listening.  

I think it is often easier for Ripple to create tools and minor projects by themselves instead of "outsourcing" them. And of course, ideas and plans can change over time. Thanks @TiffanyHayden  for these Twitter posts.

In my opinion, funding a team/project is not that easy. I think you have to consider other points of view.

I have many ideas for xrpl. However, I’m struggling to find a business model. Without a realistic business model, funding my ideas would just be nice for myself as long as funding money arrives. Of course, I could laser focus 120% on xrpl. Amazing! Great! However, what’s after the funding money is gone? From funder’s point of view (Ripple?), what do they get beside some cool community projects? In addition, would I really quit my current job for some nice & interesting months in xrpl development without a further plan for realistic earnings? Speaking only for myself... not really.
On the other hand, if I could create a realistic business model out of a project idea I wouldn’t really plan to get a funding. I would try to fund it myself as long as posstible to get 100% of the expected earnings without giving a percental amount to a funder.

TL;DR: XRPL doesn't have a big dev community, which earns enough money themselves without Ripple, such as Ethereum for example. Imo it's hard to change that. Throwing money into projects and hope doesn't really solve that :/

35 minutes ago, Jerrybo said:

I think it is often easier for Ripple to create tools and minor projects by themselves instead of "outsourcing" them. And of course, ideas and plans can change over time. Thanks @TiffanyHayden  for these Twitter posts.

In my opinion, funding a team/project is not that easy. I think you have to consider other points of view.

I have many ideas for xrpl. However, I’m struggling to find a business model. Without a realistic business model, funding my ideas would just be nice for myself as long as funding money arrives. Of course, I could laser focus 120% on xrpl. Amazing! Great! However, what’s after the funding money is gone? From funder’s point of view (Ripple?), what do they get beside some cool community projects? In addition, would I really quit my current job for some nice & interesting months in xrpl development without a further plan for realistic earnings? Speaking only for myself... not really.
On the other hand, if I could create a realistic business model out of a project idea I wouldn’t really plan to get a funding. I would try to fund it myself as long as posstible to get 100% of the expected earnings without giving a percental amount to a funder.

TL;DR: XRPL doesn't have a big dev community, which earns enough money themselves without Ripple, such as Ethereum for example. Imo it's hard to change that. Throwing money into projects and hope doesn't really solve that :/

In fact, we don’t have user base like Ethereum community too. 

Users who believe in decentralization go to Ethereum, and those who believe in centralized banks/FI/Ripple are in XRPL.

Edited by yxxyun
34 minutes ago, Jerrybo said:

If you are a developer interested in building on the XRPL, you are, IMO, the greatest possible resource that exists. Keep an eye on Wietse's Twitter account (@WietseWind). It's early and I really shouldn't be the one telling people, but he's building a foundation that will hopefully provide opportunities exclusively for the XRPL. He'll announce it and provide information when he's ready.