I posted this in another thread. This partnership is not only about Ripple and Moneygram, but Moneygram also has very valuable partnerships. 

"MoneyGram, Visa team up on cross-border.

While KeyCorp focuses on businesses, MoneyGram and Visa are eyeing P2P. The companies recently  
announced a collaborative solution to provide real-time digital disbursements for MoneyGram customers. Recipients in Mexico and the Philippines will be able to receive money instantly 24/7/365 when the service launches in October.

Funds sent via Visa Direct rails can be used instantly with a recipients’ bank-issued Visa debit card or Visa-branded prepaid card. Recipients can also opt to receive the money in cash at an agent-staffed location, where they would have the option to load the funds onto a Visa-branded prepaid card or send them to a linked bank account in real time. Visa’s senior vice president and head of North American push payments, Cecilia Frew, told PYMNTS’ Karen Webster in a recent interview that the service is a new kind of offering for the company. 

“MoneyGram is the first cross-border use case for Visa Direct,” Frew said. "

Dated September 2018

https://www.pymnts.com/faster-payments-tracker-september-2018

Nice read @Hodor ,tnx! I really hope that the unbanked will be able to use their (old tech) mobile phones for micropayments. Not easy to accomplish but should improve financial inclusion in underdeveloped countries. Also it is good to hear that Codius is still alive as next to no info has reached us on it's progress. The smart contract business case remains a huge opportunity for Ripple and XRP.

Thanks for reading, @cryptoxrp

Re: Codius.  I agree that there hasn't been much official relay of effort or information, other than the fact that Ripple and co. were rebooting it.  

My gut feeling (no official info) is that they may now focus on it more in combination with their goal of pursuing decentralized finance more.  The other fascinating topic for me is how smart contracts might look if Ripple whipped up a few as examples for some of these new assets.   However, if history serves as an example, they'll find a company that specializes in that very task and either partner with them or source the code with them.  (Coil, Kava, etc... )

8 hours ago, ObeyTheWafflehouse said:

I posted this in another thread. This partnership is not only about Ripple and Moneygram, but Moneygram also has very valuable partnerships. 

"MoneyGram, Visa team up on cross-border.

While KeyCorp focuses on businesses, MoneyGram and Visa are eyeing P2P. The companies recently  
announced a collaborative solution to provide real-time digital disbursements for MoneyGram customers. Recipients in Mexico and the Philippines will be able to receive money instantly 24/7/365 when the service launches in October.

Funds sent via Visa Direct rails can be used instantly with a recipients’ bank-issued Visa debit card or Visa-branded prepaid card. Recipients can also opt to receive the money in cash at an agent-staffed location, where they would have the option to load the funds onto a Visa-branded prepaid card or send them to a linked bank account in real time. Visa’s senior vice president and head of North American push payments, Cecilia Frew, told PYMNTS’ Karen Webster in a recent interview that the service is a new kind of offering for the company. 

“MoneyGram is the first cross-border use case for Visa Direct,” Frew said. "

Dated September 2018

https://www.pymnts.com/faster-payments-tracker-september-2018

As always A partnering with B , B partnering with C  does not mean A is partnering with C. Classical hopium

15 minutes ago, Cooliozxrp said:

Recipients in Mexico and the Philippines will be able to receive money instantly 24/7/365 when the service launches in October.

You need to be able to extrapolate from the given information and draw your own conclusion.

When did xrapid officially go into production mode in 2018? It was in October of 2018. :i-m_so_happy:

30 minutes ago, Cooliozxrp said:

As always A partnering with B , B partnering with C  does not mean A is partnering with C. Classical hopium

Well, to be fair.. 

Ryan Fugger - 
Money as IOUs in Social Trust Networks & A Proposal for a Decentralized Currency ...

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://blog.hasslberger.com/docs/decentralizedcurrency.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjwurSvr6njAhUBvp4KHV1CB7MQFjAAegQIBBAB&usg=AOvVaw3pXrDJpC4h72Cf3X09Xr3e

:)

Screenshot_20190709-200754_Drive.jpg

20 hours ago, Hodor said:

Thanks for reading, @cryptoxrp

Re: Codius.  I agree that there hasn't been much official relay of effort or information, other than the fact that Ripple and co. were rebooting it.  

My gut feeling (no official info) is that they may now focus on it more in combination with their goal of pursuing decentralized finance more.  The other fascinating topic for me is how smart contracts might look if Ripple whipped up a few as examples for some of these new assets.   However, if history serves as an example, they'll find a company that specializes in that very task and either partner with them or source the code with them.  (Coil, Kava, etc... )

Regarding Codius, Stefan last said (via his AMA), that the immediate focus is on web monetization, but that Codius is very important long-term. He said only 1 developer is working on Codius full-time currently. The thought process is that once there are a number of websites earning money through web monetization, they'll be looking to spend that money on hosting, and Codius could be the next step towards keeping those funds circulating in the Interledger ecosystem.

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/buuxws/im_stefan_thomas_and_i_introduced_millions_of/epi3prv/?context=3

On 7/11/2019 at 11:40 PM, JTxrPP said:

@Hodor, how many boom & bust cycles have you witnessed in the crypto sphere?

Many.  I first started trading when Bitcoin was < $100.  I remember distinctly thinking at several points that $120 is way too high a price for BTC and backing off trading. 

It's all time-dependent and psychological, which is kind of scary, but that's the way that the market works.  It's one realization that drove me to try and 'get the word out' about XRP so much; it's not enough to 'be the best.'  We have to let the world know.  :d_sunny: