musclehog

handfull of banks upgrading/performing maintenance on their international payments systems together, over the next two days. Could be nothing.....Could be everything

2 hours ago, fiik said:

Screenshot_20190707-173135_Twitter.thumb.jpg.d81b0c0349bb08a062e1ed9ca1134843.jpg

https://www.pymnts.com/news/faster-payments/2019/interoperable-real-time-cross-border/

Ripple, which enables money transfers via blockchain, has been utilizing its distributed ledger technology to support cross-border payments. Smooth communications between players must be supported if payment schemes are to be interoperable. This can be accomplished with a standard like ISO 20022, which has been implemented more than 80 times worldwide, including with TCH’s RTP system in the U.S. and Australia’s NPP.

ISO 20022’s format works with various payment types and situations, such as currency-to-currency payments and domestic currency wire transfers. It also offers the flexibility that’s required to scale the solution to meet future interoperability needs

Edited by DreXRP

I think we have just a confimation bias here, it's not even a concidence. According to Quora there are globally around 30'000 financial institutions (FI). With 52 weeks in the year, there could be theoretically ever weekend 576 FI updating their service, if there is just one maintenence weekend per year. I think more than one is more plausible.

So... niaaa... but i'd like to be wrong... we'll see soon :)

23 minutes ago, Jerrybo said:

I think we have just a confimation bias here, it's not even a concidence. According to Quora there are globally around 30'000 financial institutions (FI). With 52 weeks in the year, there could be theoretically ever weekend 576 FI updating their service, if there is just one maintenence weekend per year. I think more than one is more plausible.

So... niaaa... but i'd like to be wrong... we'll see soon :)

Totally agreed.

None of these folks have ever worked in a technical field before. Maintenance happens constantly.

2 minutes ago, ADingoAteMyXRP said:

Totally agreed.

None of these folks have ever worked in a technical field before. Maintenance happens constantly.

Hmmmm definitely wrong there. Just people adding to a thread, letting it develope.

2 minutes ago, Tyvole said:

This is worse then Reddit.

Now people get excited over maintenance. fml

No one getting excited, just folks conversing. That’s what forums are for. The op says that it could be nothing I have said its just of interest, no one else has said it’s a watershed moment. It’s just a discussion. 

1 minute ago, Chest said:

No one getting excited, just folks conversing. That’s what forums are for. The op says that it could be nothing I have said its just of interest, no one else has said it’s a watershed moment. It’s just a discussion. 

When these kind of threads flourish, looks like desert.

tired desert GIF

anything could be everything. Thats the thing.

5 hours ago, XRPforLong said:

Apparently July 7th is the deadline for some ISO update. That seems most likely and nothing XRP related?

Very true. They are updating to messaging standard ISO 20022 which is essential for correct payment message handling when using Ripple DLT. There are at least 15 banks updating this weekend. My hunch is that they will also have the ILP connection(s) in place so they are in fact Ripple DLT ready to go. At least they will now be earlier than Facebooks Libra coin :biggrin:

Source: 

6 minutes ago, cryptoxrp said:

They are updating to messaging standard ISO 20022 which is essential for correct payment message handling when using Ripple DLT.

I guess David Schwartz went back in time to invent a commonly-used bank messaging format before Opencoin was founded.

“The need for a ISO 20022 standard arose in the early 2000’s with the widespread growth of Internet Protocol (IP) networking, the emergence of XML as the 'de facto' open technical standard for electronic communications and the appearance of a multitude of uncoordinated XML-based standardization initiatives, each having used their own "XML dialect".”