musclehog

handfull of banks upgrading/performing maintenance on their international payments systems together, over the next two days. Could be nothing.....Could be everything

1 minute ago, Cooliozxrp said:

Now I know how whales know when to pump and dump the price...they are all website maintenance employees!

Lots of ripple partners are performing maintenance on their international transfer processes specifically this weekend. You always write negative ****. 

13 minutes ago, musclehog said:

Lots of ripple partners are performing maintenance on their international transfer processes specifically this weekend. You always write negative ****. 

The website maintenance guys are gonna be billionaires by Monday!

14 minutes ago, musclehog said:

Were you in crypto when there was maintenance on Swift GPI network and people went mental?

All these YTrs every maintenance connencts with Ripple. Do you know why? Because then come people like you who spread their crap and hope. You get disappointed and he gets money.

35 minutes ago, Kiwi said:

Were you in crypto when there was maintenance on Swift GPI network and people went mental?

All these YTrs every maintenance connencts with Ripple. Do you know why? Because then come people like you who spread their crap and hope. You get disappointed and he gets money.

watch the video, read my original post. I even stated it could be nothing. So brad garglinghouse on my nuts dude

Thank you MuscleHog for this video, which as you admit is speculative, nothing more than that. But I find it of interest anyway.

It’s quite normal for bigger systems to perform maintenances at weekends due lower customer usage than on weekdays.

Besides that, for a “mass enable” at that scale timing everything to one weekend seems too risky for me. Imaging an important IT guy of one participant gets ill that weekend and therefore one important participant of your system cannot keep up. You would never take such risks you aren’t able to control. That wouldn’t be a very smart plan. Therefore you perform a staged rollout for projects at that scale. Each participant needs to be read at a specific date. Until then the participants can manage their own maintenance schedules.

Take a look at SWIFTs GPI update recently as an known example here. It’s not really as simple as performing a windows update.

2 minutes ago, Jerrybo said:

It’s quite normal for bigger systems to perform maintenances at weekends due lower customer usage than on weekdays.

Besides that, for a “mass enable” at that scale timing everything to one weekend seems too risky for me. Imaging an important IT guy of one participant gets ill that weekend and therefore one important participant of your system cannot keep up. You would never take such risks you aren’t able to control. That wouldn’t be a very smart plan. Therefore you perform a staged rollout for projects at that scale. Each participant needs to be read at a specific date. Until then the participants can manage their own maintenance schedules.

Take a look at SWIFTs GPI update recently as an known example here. It’s not really as simple as performing a windows update.

I don't this that big institutions have only that one important IT guy

9 minutes ago, DreXRP said:

And maybe they are all doing ‘a step’ in the adoption of a system rather than the whole migration. 

11 minutes ago, DreXRP said:

Yeah... they shouldn't. But too often the really important work of the maintenance team at core systems are performed by one or two guys. These are the guys who unterstand the system for years with its complicated interfaces to other systems.

I think the risks just don't legitimate the possible gains for such a plan. As a financial institution you want to take as few risks for your core system as needed. That's one of the reasons they often look "lazy" with with new technologies.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Plikk said:

64467DD2-D88C-4767-B351-D5F6A784DF1E.jpeg

exactly. but seriously, I remember that David Schwartz already addressed the topic in an interview in 2017 and he wanted to distribute many tasks so that his failure can be coped with.

Edited by DreXRP