Convince me to keep my XRP

8 minutes ago, Spekul8 said:

I am not sure you are familiar with an objective thought process. You can not think and evaluate things objectively when you have skin in the game, let alone when you first entered on FOMO. What you described is what professionals rely on when it comes to retail behavior: Get in, Stay in.

Imagine you play poker, you get two aces. Now you place a huge bet, and the flop comes 2,J,Q. The right is now to stop adding capital if possible, what do most do? Go all-in in the hope there is an ace. This is why those who have critical thinking oriented around risk and patience win. Investments are not unique tools for decisions makers, and most slowly lose their capital.

Let's assume that you did some research, and it was above and beyond what most can do. Then what? The fact that it's down almost 70% from your entry shows that your entire strategy is based on hope. If it were not, you would have cut your losses short, and waited for the coin to bounce. What you did is not a result of YOU; it is how we are all programmed with our DNA to behave. So...Stop taking things personally, and instead of being defensive, be grateful that I am pointing out to "holes" in your decisions making that would help you capitalize on the next best thing you will come across.

You may think that I am "gloating" here that I made substantial gains when XRP went to ATH. No! It was luck (price surge) combined with the understanding of (euphoria). However, considering the experience I have and knowledge, I should have sold it all. I underestimated the number of FOMO speculators, and how known XRP is. So I also F'ed up minimizing in my head the madness of the crowds, how the so-called "exchnages" work, and the price mechanism that algo market makers use. Don't think for a minute that I am not critical of myself. I am FAR from perfect, but at the same time, I own my mistakes, and you are defending yours. I could ONLY wish that I has someone as honest with me back in the day. Those here who call FUD, post TA charts with "why it's now" and nothing but HOPE feeders and led many here to financial oblivion. They never made a dime in the market place and never will.   

The price is ALWAYS your best bet how to behave and apply risk accordingly. 

I'm sorry, are you proposing that the correct move when you hold pocket aces in Texas Holdem is to stop betting and/or check and fold when you don't flop a set???  The odds are very high that you still have the best hand with a pair of aces... you assume that your opponent has QJ??  If so, you are someone who automatically assumes the worst case scenario and pats themselves on the back for being "wiser" than the rest.  What you are actually doing is giving in to fear of a relatively unlikely event.

Not that any of this relates to XRP, but it speaks volumes about your mindset as it comes to risk management. 

Edited by Guest
  • Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you go to the forums online that are dedicated the first 20 most capitalized coins, they all have the same "symptoms" 1) The fanatics that call every bit of reality "FUD"  2) The ones who

your friend is right, buying chainlink after it's run from .50 cents to $3.50 is the answer. buy high, sell low or something i think?

Genuinely what do i think? That all these conspiracy theories of mysterious whales and holding the price low etc is a total and utter crock of $hit. There is no button to flick. There is no

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, Molten said:

I'm sorry, are you proposing that the correct move when you hold pocket aces in Texas Holdem is to stop betting and/or check and fold when you don't flop a set???  The odds are very high that you still have the best hand with a pair of aces... you assume that your opponent has QJ??  If so, you are someone who automatically assumes the worst case scenario and pats themselves on the back for being "wiser" than the rest.  What you are actually doing is giving in to fear of a relatively unlikely event.

Not that any of this relates to XRP, but it speaks volumes about your mindset as it comes to risk management. 

I agree. The game is more complicated than that.  It depends on the players, your pot, how much the other players put in, etc. I just used an example where most get excited emotionally when they see something they they think is  guranteed winner. It is not. 

Edited by Spekul8
22 minutes ago, Molten said:

If so, you are someone who automatically assumes the worst case scenario

Yes, this is something that I do with all my trading.  It's a +++ as to why, ---- as to why not.    It helpes me keep a balanced appraoch.    I keep doing that while I am in an invetment as well. Always worst case scenario, how it it impacts my portfolio and opportunity cost.   

Edited by Spekul8
On 7/13/2019 at 10:37 AM, baobeiiiii said:

When XRP bounces back up hard, there should be a wall of shame for the fudsters and turncoats who changed their tune during this downturn... Baka at the top of the list. ;) 

Open another thread discussing "Why I think this is the bottom," there are only "589,000" so far.  Then you can be at the front of the line.  Tomorrow is Amazon's Prime Day; Maybe you can buy yourself some pom poms. Give me an X....

If some of us think that XRP is in a state of stagnation/sideways and no uptrend is to avoid the additional flow of capital from your pockets until such time that this coin starts being stable, trending and moves in a positive correlation to the news RIpple releases.  Neither you or I know the future, but if the future is bright, you will have ample opportunity to invest additional funds. 

If the market bounced today to your breakeven prices, would you get out? Be honest! This is a real answer whether you genuinely believe in the product or just been a FOMO trader all along. The market may put you to such a test one day.  If you were honest, and said "Yes", then I suggest that you cut your losses short way before that.  

On 7/13/2019 at 4:37 PM, baobeiiiii said:

When XRP bounces back up hard, there should be a wall of shame for the fudsters and turncoats who changed their tune during this downturn... Baka at the top of the list. ;) 

huh ? I can buy today with 25% more XRP? :) well good idea there. 25% more in 2 days done.

So I'm still in with 25% more in my portfolio 

Edited by Baka
  • 4 months later...
On 7/11/2019 at 3:08 AM, Spekul8 said:

I appreciate and respect your credentials.

In my office, we replaced EVERY single product that MS offers. This includes Office products, emails, and operating systems. Google Docs, Direct APIs based on C# and C++ and custom made solutions have my business rock! No crashes, no tech support, and no "freezing."  Sorry, I am not an MS fan after we moved away.  

ou do not have to take my advice, and I don't expect you too. But, PhDs are probably one of the worst (after engineers) decision-makers when it comes to making investments . Do you have a Microsoft stock? Of course not.  The thought pattern of "systems" and "logic" is the exact opposite of healthy decision making in the market place.  It works well on buildinYI appreciate and respect your credentials. In my office we replaced EVERY single product that MS offers. This includes Office products, emails, and operating systems. Google Docs, Direct APIs based on C# and C++ and custom made solutions have my business rock! No crashes, no tech support and no "freezing".  Sorry, I am not an MS fan after we moved away.  

You do not have to take my advice, I don't expect you too. But, PhDs are probably one of the worst (after engineers) decision-makers when it comes to making long term investments. Do you have a Microsoft stock? Of course not.  But I do! Because it is going up and don't fight trends and know how to isolate my "hate" from what the market says. The thought pattern that everything has to "fit" like a system is the exact opposite of healthy decision making in the market place. Remember the "dream team"? Long Term Capital Management? 1 Billion dollars blow up! That was seven PhDs put together, so the blow up made perfect sense. They also won the Nobel prize before, so that makes even more sense.

source for the underlined part please? I hava a thought pattern ? and you know it while i dont? possible.

Any non Ms product that is compatible and backed up with all the biggest hardware vendors that keep up to date to the changes made on their own products  and are accessible anywhere in the world with 24/7 on permise support with awesome SLA would just be the same as ms, not better. And there is NONE still.

Edited by Oldschool
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/10/2019 at 6:08 PM, Spekul8 said:

I appreciate and respect your credentials.

In my office, we replaced EVERY single product that MS offers. This includes Office products, emails, and operating systems. Google Docs, Direct APIs based on C# and C++ and custom made solutions have my business rock! No crashes, no tech support, and no "freezing."  Sorry, I am not an MS fan after we moved away.  

ou do not have to take my advice, and I don't expect you too. But, PhDs are probably one of the worst (after engineers) decision-makers when it comes to making investments. Do you have a Microsoft stock? Of course not.  The thought pattern of "systems" and "logic" is the exact opposite of healthy decision making in the market place.  It works well on buildinYI appreciate and respect your credentials. In my office we replaced EVERY single product that MS offers. This includes Office products, emails, and operating systems. Google Docs, Direct APIs based on C# and C++ and custom made solutions have my business rock! No crashes, no tech support and no "freezing".  Sorry, I am not an MS fan after we moved away.  

You do not have to take my advice, I don't expect you too. But, PhDs are probably one of the worst (after engineers) decision-makers when it comes to making long term investments. Do you have a Microsoft stock? Of course not.  But I do! Because it is going up and don't fight trends and know how to isolate my "hate" from what the market says. The thought pattern that everything has to "fit" like a system is the exact opposite of healthy decision making in the market place. Remember the "dream team"? Long Term Capital Management? 1 Billion dollars blow up! That was seven PhDs put together, so the blow up made perfect sense. They also won the Nobel prize before, so that makes even more sense.

Considering how opinionated you are making several broad, extreme claims and how you tend to repeat yourselves, I cannot take anything you say seriously.

No offense. You are one of those people who do have expertise in some fields and who are mildly successful, but then become arrogant and start to think they know it all about everything, when in reality their knowledge even in their own area of expertise start to lag behind their competitors. Some of them became Elon Musk, some of them managed to sell their businesses before it is too late, some of them, well..

🤷‍♀️

22 hours ago, susli said:

Considering how opinionated you are making several broad, extreme claims and how you tend to repeat yourselves, I cannot take anything you say seriously.

No offense. You are one of those people who do have expertise in some fields and who are mildly successful, but then become arrogant and start to think they know it all about everything, when in reality their knowledge even in their own area of expertise start to lag behind their competitors. Some of them became Elon Musk, some of them managed to sell their businesses before it is too late, some of them, well..

You let it all out? Venting? Feeling better for the holiday season? Bravo.   

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.