patriotaki

Convince me to keep my XRP

2 hours ago, Flintstone said:

And that is why folks around here say good news will drop the price

Humans always like to make correlations that make sense to them. Good news do not beat the price down on an ongoing basis.  

This is my theory: Ripple gave exchanges and market makers XRPs to create a market in for their coin (Bid/Ask) spread.  This is acceptable and understandable.  They do the same in equities.  However, when you can't make enough money on volume, you get rid of the inventory.  I think that market makers are getting rid of the inventory. I have no other why explanation (while being aware of all the "it's manipulated" stories). The lower it goes, the more dumping will occur as most would want to rid of inventory at reasonable prices.   

Edited by Spekul8

11 hours ago, Spekul8 said:

Sure. Thank God for guys like you in the market place, how would pros make their money otherwise? 

Let me take a wild guess where you bought XRP: $2.10 and then added at $1.54.  Was I close?  Now it's "long term" right? 

certainly not a pro lol, glad to grease the wheel I guess, still think i'll ultimately make $ (if not i'd sell)...and not that its any of your business, my DCA is a little under $1, and it would be lower had I managed to get an exchange account faster...

to answer your condescending question, I did initially FOMO into crypto, but by the time I got done doing more reading/research/thinking and decided XRP was where I was going to allocate my capital, a long term hold was a given the nature of Ripple's plans.

life is timing and I applaud you having gotten in earlier than me, but while I may be "less than" in your view as an investor, you'll still be an arrogant a**hole when you wake up tomorrow ...life is too short to spend it being that way, peace out.

11 hours ago, xrpmeplease said:

I did initially FOMO into crypto, but by the time I got done doing more reading/research/thinking and decided XRP was where I was going to allocate my capital, a long term hold was a given the nature of Ripple's plans.

So first you FOMO, and then you do research? Maybe you should read on concepts such as "Confirmation Bias" where investors invest first and then look for all the reasons to justify their actions, ignore relevant news and what the price shows them. What you represent is how the crowd gets sucked into investments, and one convinces the other to get it, and the result is that you have a huge group where it's members are united in their (unjustified) opinion.   

11 hours ago, xrpmeplease said:

but while I may be "less than" in your view as an investor, you'll still be an arrogant a**hole when you wake up tomorrow ...life is too short to spend it being that way, peace out.

I never said that you are less than me. You may be 100% better person to your community of friends and loved ones. However, I am a person with courage that has principles, and I stand against a crowd that screams "XRP, XRP, XRP" while preaching patience, risk management and avoid an "all in" mentality. I pray for all that XRP will skyrocket, but the thought pattern you followed entering the market will suck every single one of your dollars and shift it to professional hands.   

Edited by Spekul8

12 hours ago, xrpmeplease said:

certainly not a pro lol, glad to grease the wheel I guess, still think i'll ultimately make $ (if not i'd sell)...and not that its any of your business, my DCA is a little under $1, and it would be lower had I managed to get an exchange account faster...

to answer your condescending question, I did initially FOMO into crypto, but by the time I got done doing more reading/research/thinking and decided XRP was where I was going to allocate my capital, a long term hold was a given the nature of Ripple's plans.

life is timing and I applaud you having gotten in earlier than me, but while I may be "less than" in your view as an investor, you'll still be an arrogant a**hole when you wake up tomorrow ...life is too short to spend it being that way, peace out.

Confirmation bias "research" that's what a lot of bagholders here do to make them feel good about their gambling

I personally do not care if you keep or sell your XRP.  In fact, I think if you are on the fence and looking to this forum for answers you are not DYOR as much as you should.

Those that Do Their Own Research can and do make intelligent decisions based on their personal investment profile.

For me......I will HODL because I Did My OWN Research.

20 minutes ago, itcdominic said:

I personally do not care if you keep or sell your XRP.  In fact, I think if you are on the fence and looking to this forum for answers you are not DYOR as much as you should.

Those that Do Their Own Research can and do make intelligent decisions based on their personal investment profile.

For me......I will HODL because I Did My OWN Research.

No, why would I?...sell or keep it!, I don't think whatever you do is going to shift the price one way or another

good luck on whatever you decide though 

On 7/11/2019 at 9:13 PM, Spekul8 said:

So first you FOMO, and then you do research? Maybe you should read on concepts such as "Confirmation Bias" where investors invest first and then look for all the reasons to justify their actions, ignore relevant news and what the price shows them. What you represent is how the crowd gets sucked into investments, and one convinces the other to get it, and the result is that you have a huge group where it's members are united in their (unjustified) opinion.   

I never said that you are less than me. You may be 100% better person to your community of friends and loved ones. However, I am a person with courage that has principles, and I stand against a crowd that screams "XRP, XRP, XRP" while preaching patience, risk management and avoid an "all in" mentality. I pray for all that XRP will skyrocket, but the thought pattern you followed entering the market will suck every single one of your dollars and shift it to professional hands.   

you don't know me or what research i did, my capacity to do so, my ability to process...you just generalize and look for opportunities to grandstand and put people down best i can tell, pointing to past results and using your experience to glorify your opinions as to what will happen and shut down anyone with a contrary view...learning is a process, which can lead to confirmation bias, even amongst the brightest of people...or maybe not, depends on the person and the situation...however one's ability to think critically, question everything and come to a reasoned conclusion could nonetheless lead to the same conclusion as confirmation bias, can it not? who are you to say what my path has been based on what i've posted so far? FOMO lead to me discovering something i hadn't been exposed to before, but what i did once i acquired that knowledge, and i how i processed it, you have no clue, how could you?

it's not ego, i don't need to be right and i haven't invested more than i can afford to lose...and i'm comfortable with how i got here, not to say that couldn't change if evidence presented itself leading to a different conclusion...we'll see...

but i'll remind you this entire thing started with me pointing out your conflicting statements made within about 8hrs of each other (will this entire market, including XRP, always be lead by BTC or won't it?), which i questioned and you responded to with sarcasm rather than acknowledgment...i own what i say and what i put out there...can you? or is the need to be right so powerful that your ego can't stand being questioned and that it arrogantly requires you to draw conclusions about my abilities and motivations without having enough information to do so? for myself, i'm drawing conclusions and making assertions about your overall douchiness from what you've written and its overall negative tone (which i've pointed out to you in the past if you look back far enough)...plus you called me low IQ and it ****** me off for a minute...

anyways, i hope we both make money, time will tell.

On 7/11/2019 at 10:32 PM, Cooliozxrp said:

Confirmation bias "research" that's what a lot of bagholders here do to make them feel good about their gambling

gambling another way to say speculation?

so you only invest in things that you've determined are sure things? must be nice to have such foresight...what's an undoubtedly successful investor as yourself doing slumming here then? 

they're rhetorical questions, don't feel obliged to respond, as i don't care.

33 minutes ago, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

Confirmation bias works both ways, as your posts perfectly show. 

His posts mostly show that people need to be protected against themselves, some people simply can not act like adults and never will.

1 hour ago, baobeiiiii said:

When XRP bounces back up hard, there should be a wall of shame for the fudsters and turncoats who changed their tune during this downturn... Baka at the top of the list. ;) 

*If

13 hours ago, baobeiiiii said:

If? So you don't think it'll ever reach .4x again? 

It's always an if, never a when. Thinking it can easily go up again just because you want it is wrong