Convince me to keep my XRP

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you go to the forums online that are dedicated the first 20 most capitalized coins, they all have the same "symptoms" 1) The fanatics that call every bit of reality "FUD"  2) The ones who

your friend is right, buying chainlink after it's run from .50 cents to $3.50 is the answer. buy high, sell low or something i think?

Genuinely what do i think? That all these conspiracy theories of mysterious whales and holding the price low etc is a total and utter crock of $hit. There is no button to flick. There is no

Posted Images

The past half year it would have bin better to swap your xrp for btc or any top ten coin, but the problem is that no one can look into the future.

I also wonder what wil happen to xrp when this hype is over, because xrp didn't ride along with btc like the other top ten coins did and still do,

but does that also count when the hype is over and btc and all other coins will drop like a brick again, and drag xrp way below 20 cents of even worse?

6 hours ago, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

I’m different though. 

Yeah you are...  you got your missus to save your sorry arse with her sweet selections when your pathetic picks go belly up.

6 hours ago, Spekul8 said:

Galigitron is an excellent writer, clearly understands market cycles, manipulation, and how suckers get lured in at high prices. But, he is not a trader. His examples are based on theory, and he sounds like an amateur who is beating his head against the wall screaming "why can't you see what I see?" and "The market is wrong!".

How is that different than an amateur that falls in love with an investment?  Fine, he can articulate his thoughts better, does not mean he can capitalize on the markets.  Don't be a Galigitron!

The process he describes with his imaginary "whales" happens in every market cycle. Do you think that XRP was not manipulated when it ran to 3.00? This is exactly why I sold there (a big chunk). Do you believe that stocks, forex or Futures do not have the big players who move markets and dump it into newcomers who have the FOMO? This has been the case for the last 500 years!  

Imagine this: 2 horses. One is fed organic food, taken care of, groomed, , and has the best barn facility. The second horse, a regular horse who was never paid any attention to.  Now they are in a race. The "regular" horse is winning. Everyone is scratching their head while wondering how such a "bad" horse can win. This is the market for you! The horse that wins is the one you bet on, not on "potential."  

No, this is not true. Of course there will be bad players in all markets but in the crypto market it is like the wild west when compared to the regulated market which is not nearly as volatile.  In the regulated market the pumps and dumps would be investigated and the perpetrators taken out.  Crypto markets  have been a big scamming machine. 

Regarding the two horses - I only bet on the horse with potential.  When a lame horse beats a thorough bred in top condition I question what happened .  The Moneygram deal did not even move the needle for XRP, and this disregard of potential by the market is very suspicious.  There have been many big news stories about XRP developments that have been simply ignored by the crypto markets, yet silly stories about other coins make the price double or treble.

Regarding Galitron's thesis; it is one explanation.  I certainly find it plausible and we can see the sell walls going up.  I have lost count of how many times I have seen XRP apparently start to rise very fast in a slow period and then stop in its tracks and fall back whilst everything else suddenly starts to get a boost. It happened on a small scale last night and it is odd.  This is behaviour Galgitron's thesis predicts.  But I am not really very fussed about this stunted growth of XRP because Ripple are expanding the XRP ecosystem and we are accumulating at low prices (what's not to like?).

Edited by Julian_Williams
11 hours ago, retep said:

The past half year it would have bin better to swap your xrp for btc or any top ten coin, but the problem is that no one can look into the future.

I also wonder what wil happen to xrp when this hype is over, because xrp didn't ride along with btc like the other top ten coins did and still do,

but does that also count when the hype is over and btc and all other coins will drop like a brick again, and drag xrp way below 20 cents of even worse?

I believe XRP will rebound to the mean against the other cryptos before the general market sells off, thus avoiding the below $0.20 fate.  I don't have any special proof, but reversions to the mean just seem to happen in life.

18 hours ago, 2ndtimearound said:

Tell me where's the upside when you only rely on speculation alone? XRP has way more potential for upside than any other coin in the top 20 bar none.  If you disagree, tell me which one has more potential.

ETH.  Ethereum has multiple applications working now in real estate, car manufactoring, finance, voting, crowdfunding, blind auctions, and multi-signature wallets.  Solidity programming language is the most sought in blockchain technology.  

13 minutes ago, Spekul8 said:

ETH.  Ethereum has multiple applications working now in real estate, car manufactoring, finance, voting, crowdfunding, blind auctions, and multi-signature wallets.  Solidity programming language is the most sought in blockchain technology.  

Yes ETH has head start, but I also have heard the architecture of ETH software is much too complex and inflexible for easy development with new applications, and it is not easy to integrate with other software.  Codius software has much more open architecture that can be molded like plastic into different applications, it is also much easier to integrate. (I am repeating what I have heard)

15 minutes ago, Spekul8 said:

Even xPring invest Dharma which is build on Ethereum,  https://www.dharma.io/

https://medium.com/xpring/investing-in-dharma-854f5bd7b17f

13 hours ago, Julian_Williams said:

In the regulated market the pumps and dumps would be investigated and the perpetrators taken out.  Crypto markets  have been a big scamming machine. 

In regulated markets, there are daily "short squeezes", "long Squeezes," and players who can distort the market. Power of money could move markets, and the same is in crypto.  The Crypto market is new, and as such, was susceptible to fake volumes that ALL coins experienced, including XRP.  The pump was to 3.00 was a pure manipulation of the exchanges with algorithmic market making.  I feel bad for the people who both at the ATH or as it was falling trying to catch bottoms, but "pump" on new asset classes is something that all experienced traders know and take advantage of. I did the same and sold a big chunk of XRP at near ATH because I have experience and I am never attached to any particular investment.    Knowing when you to advantage of pumps and dumps is part of the game.

14 hours ago, Julian_Williams said:

The Moneygram deal did not even move the needle for XRP, and this disregard of potential by the market is very suspicious.  There have been many big news stories about XRP developments that have been simply ignored by the crypto markets, yet silly stories about other coins make the price double or treble.

I wish the markets were linear where good news means it will go up, and bad press it would go down.  I have seen instances of many innovative products that did not go anywhere, and I sure hope it is not the case with Ripple.  The market is the voice that speaks, and we can either "fight" it or go along with it.   If you know other coins that good news leads to better results than do the right thing, and the right thing never feels good emotionally. To make money in the markets, you are severely uncomfortable most of the time.

14 hours ago, Julian_Williams said:

But I am not really very fussed about this stunted growth of XRP because Ripple are expanding the XRP ecosystem and we are accumulating at low prices (what's not to like?).

I only hope you make a fortune, but don't add money to losing positions.  You can listen to your role models, but at some point, smell the reality and don't let extremists lead you to financial ruin. I have seen it way too many times.

19 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

Yes ETH has head start, but I also have heard the architecture of ETH software is much too complex and inflexible for easy development with new applications, and it is not easy to integrate with other software.  Codius software has much more open architecture that can be molded like plastic into different applications, it is also much easier to integrate. (I am repeating what I have heard)

Speaking as a nonprogrammer who deals with many software solutions while having skin in the game of software: it is not the best language that wins. It's the one who has the most influence and early adaptation. As you mentioned, "head start" counts. Sadly, this is the case of Microsoft in many areas, which is the BIGGEST POS a human ever created, yet I cant move an inch without it. 

52 minutes ago, Spekul8 said:

Speaking as a nonprogrammer who deals with many software solutions while having skin in the game of software: it is not the best language that wins. It's the one who has the most influence and early adaptation. As you mentioned, "head start" counts. Sadly, this is the case of Microsoft in many areas, which is the BIGGEST POS a human ever created, yet I cant move an inch without it. 

I'd guess that the language with most influence and adoption is the best in the most important sense, no? And what differentiated Microsoft from the other options? Knowing nothing about Microsoft's ascension, i'd guess that having the right team behind played an important role in that result. Maybe the most important role? So, my question to you is: does any other DA have a team behind it that compares to Ripple?

Maybe i'm naive. I'm definitely not drunk on hopeium as i'm reconciled to the possibility of total loss. But i DYOR and invested in a team. And cause I'm not skilled enough to trade, nor inclined to learn, i hodl. I understand what i bought and I won't complain if it flops, but i still like my investment. May we both make money. Glad you bought low and sold high, i'm aiming to do the for the next big wave, good luck to you surfing the little ones.

But you sir, while somewhat informative...are very negative. Lighten up.

14 minutes ago, xrpmeplease said:

And cause I'm not skilled enough to trade, nor inclined to learn, i hodl. I understand what i bought and I won't complain if it flops, but i still like my investment.

I'll contine being "negative" and studying the markets to their core, and you continue being you: lazy relying on luck while convincing yourself you undertand what you bought.  Best of luck as well.  

Edited by Spekul8

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.