patriotaki

Convince me to keep my XRP

3 hours ago, patriotaki said:

what do you think

It seems like you’re wanting to make quick gains. If so, maybe XRP isn’t for you. Do you know anything about Bitcoin’s price history? In 2011, it lost 93% of its value within 4-5months (IIRC $29 to $2). Everyone claimed BTC was over. XRP seems to be in this territory, but there’s sooo much more behind it. Many of the investment greats who play the long game don’t look at current prices, but find companies/assets which they believe are currently undervalued. Do you think XRP is undervalued? 

Personally, I think there are many undervalued altcoins with semi-utility in their respective niche, and if there’s ever a 2017 repeat, there’s a lot of money to be made. But let’s be real, that’s speculation... Like many have said, there will be a point where utility will truly mean something, and many projects will die off (I personally believe this). At that point, you may be in a position where you’re in one of those projects. It’s a tough call.

My only suggestion (opinion) is to determine what your goal(s) are and consider the pros/cons of what you want to do (maybe you’ve done this already).

Like most have said, it’s completely up to you. Good luck. 

It sounds like you need to look at your crypto portfolio and allocate based on your research.  Ripple is clearly in the long game. If you want to cash in on the speculative run then allocate a portion of your portfolio for that. 

When I feel doubtful about this coin, I look at this: https://ripple.com/company/board-of-directors/,  plus all the other staff members &  stuff happening around Xrping & Ripple. 

Also this: https://www.xrparcade.com

Ripple is ready with the products but the financial Institutions are  slow to adopt its products due regulatory issues for one. So Ripple is adapting to market conditions and going full steam working with smaller/growing fintech companies and adjusting its product suite to work with these restrictions.

I was listening to a podcast by Monica long recently, and she compared well established Banks and FI's vs Payment Providers. ie., Cost Cutting mode vs Growth mode.

listen to around 13:30

https://patternrecognitionpod.com/episode/e21-monica-long-svp-marketing-at-ripple-cryptocurrency/

16 hours ago, drkn8t said:

Why?

Best answer.  Whoever goes into a long explanation of convincing an amateur to keep his XRP is to just reassure themselves why they bought XRP.  The OP should be encouraged to take a course in "my decisions" and "no gurantees in life", that would be a good start as oppose to creating your own reality every time you hear another opinion. 

On 7/6/2019 at 11:13 AM, patriotaki said:

Hey all,

im in a big dilemma, i used to believe alot in XRP but recently i have my doubts.

I see so many coins increasing in value (going up to 10$) that i never heard of such coins..and after small research they all look silly to me.

XRP for me is the most serious coin, they close some serious deals with governments and companies all over the world..but why doesnt the price go up?

My friend says i should sell XRP and buy chainlink instead.

what do you think? can anyone here convince me with facts that XRP has big chances of increasing in the next years?

chainlink is has some good progress over the last months..i also saw that Facebook is cooperating with chainlink for some sort of Instagram AI...

thank you

We see posts like this popping up from time to time. I just wanted to say, if you are buying only after seeing everyone else is buying, typically it’s already too late. FOMO may work out in the long term but most likely you will either have to take a loss or your money will be stuck there for a long time.

XRP has competition. Regulatory hurdles seem mounting. The establishment is coming up with their own competing solutions. Still, it is the “most serious” coin, as you said it yourself. Crypto market is always extremely risky. Try to find the next chainlink/tron etc. if you are able. Otherwise your money is (relatively) safer vested in XRP and BTC for the time being.

Posted (edited)

No need to be convinced by anyone. DYOR and since you believe other coins perform better, sell your XRP and buy those coins, only time will tell if you are wrong or right. It is simple as that!

For me XRP is for the long run (2022-2027) and I am a man of patience, until then I do not really bother much with the price.

Edited by Panopticon

3 hours ago, Panopticon said:

For me XRP is for the long run (2022-2027)

Yep. We’ll definitely know by then. Today is the time for buying and by then it’ll be time for selling IMO.

Today it’s all speculative; by then the outcome of crypto overall will be far more determined. The outcome then will be easier to understand but if successful much harder to profit from. Choose your poison.

For me I continue my journey of accumulation. XRP works best at a higher value and is designed for institutional use. If I’m getting it while it’s price is low and institutional use is practically nonexistent then I’m getting in before everybody and their institutional brother. Whenever the herd starts moving in on it that’ll be my sign that I no longer need to accumulate. Not exactly rocket surgery but it’s what I’m working with. DYOR and MYOP.

Keep because:

Brad told us that by the end of 2018 there would be a dozen banks using XRP... xD

David told us there would be a (big) household name using XRP. We are still waiting for the first xD

Brad told us he is long on Bitcoin, but did not say the same about XRP

David Schwartz sold his XRP stack because he wants to de-risk his holdings. xD

Western Union tried XRP but didn't like it.

Ripple bought itself into MoneyGram because otherwise nobody wanted to use XRP xD

Ripple now invests in startups that create a use-case for XRP because the initial use-case [banks] didn't work out as expected xD

XRP is the worst performing cryptocoin this year xD

Can't get any worser so keep! 😂

Posted (edited)
On 7/6/2019 at 4:53 PM, Dinoizzy said:

That all these conspiracy theories of mysterious whales and holding the price low etc is a total and utter crock of $hit.

Oh so you think you are more knowledgeable on the market than Galgitron?

You think there isnt trading software that was outlawed for stocks being used in the crypto space?

You think there are no early adopters with big bags using their trading software to manipulate the market for their own benefit?

The only crock of $hit here is your post my friend.

Edited by Finesse

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Finesse said:

If you think that this ******** drivel writer Galgitron is knowledgeable in anything besides wiping his own ass I feel sorry from you.  The fact that we have moonboys who keep on referencing a con job like Galgitron as a source of information and knowledge shows an absolute lack of intelligence and critical thinking among a lot of people in here. 

Bitcoin DIED in the great bull run of 2017. It broke its neck on its built-in glass-ceiling, and the whales now have it on life support. Not only that, but they are animating Bitcoin’s body like a PUPPET to continue the greatest defrauding OF ALL TIME!!! (time...time…)

Bitcoin has no value. It’s got a ‘price’ on the market, but there’s no underlying value. It’s a ******* corpse. A dead broke-neck lifeless body that has PROVEN that it CANNOT deliver on a single promise; not liberty, not a currency, not a store-of-value, not scalable, not modifiable, not cheap, not fast, not environmentally friendly, not user-friendly... ******* nothing

XRP is pretty damn shiny. The whales are endlessly doing whatever they can to foment the perception that XRP isn’t a good investment. They know people don’t pay attention to true ‘value’, such as Ripple’s expansion, or the incredible rate of xRapid adoption, etc., no, people only look at that one stupid ******* number, the "price", and THE WHALES CONTROL IT, and by extension, they control the sheeple’s minds, because sheeple are ******* stupid and greedy, and will believe any picture the whales choose to paint in the prices.

Whales have been beating down the price of XRP for a very long time, which is facilitated by them procuring XRP in slow times, but when XRP starts to heat up, you can vividly witness both the Bitcoin volume pick up to match as the whales buy up BTC to increase the price, and simultaneously the XRP price getting hammered down as they sell their XRP war-chest. The whales just have SO MUCH ******* MONEY, that they can keep these invisible sell walls going until these price advances burn out.

http://galgitron.net/Post/Weekend-at-Bitcoins

Edited by fatlever

I feel no need to convince you either way. If you feel confident in XRP’s future, then hold it. If not, you should sell. It’s a gamble either way. If you’re losing sleep worrying about it, then it’s probably not worth it. Personally, I think the crypto space as a whole has a long way to run. And I think XRP is one of the best. It seems like yesterday when BTC was at $150 and everyone was jittery and saying it was maxed it. I know what I’m betting on.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Finesse said:

Galgitron, how can anybody take anything seriously with a name like that. lol

Edited by Freaky

Posted (edited)

Its a matter of faith in fundamentals and is as simple as 

(1) Either u understand the importance of those fundamentals 

or

(2) you dont.

in any case no body should convince you if the facts themselves can not do so. (Dont mean to offend u )

When it comes to price action not supported by news, read this 100% true quote 

C6FE8A77-878F-41FC-AD6F-7A41CF21AC2C.jpeg

Edited by RDS