Ripple talks xRapid, Swift’s gpi and Facebook’s Libra

DreXRP

This is why I feel there will be instances of swift utilizing Xrapid, I don't know where this idea of competition arises outside of Xcurrent.  Swift does not have a product that competes with Xrapid.  I really believe behind the scenes work is being done for the  integration of Xrapid with Swift. Swift will need a common denominator DA such as XRP as a bank pegged stable coin will not suffice.  I don't see swift developing their own digital asset that's not part of their core business, what they will do is leverage an existing DA that complies with their business model and has enterprise level support behind it.  XRP is the only DA that fits this model at the time once the regulation smoke clears internationally I look for the bomb to be dropped on this alliance.

I am a bit sceptical. Why do they hide the names of new partners? What is the best marketing for Ripple and partners than annoucement of the partnership. NDA? Maybe in case of some A-grade partners. These vague statements mean nothing if they repeat them x-times. Sorry :JC_thinking:

1 hour ago, Spartaksus said:

I am a bit sceptical. Why do they hide the names of new partners? What is the best marketing for Ripple and partners than annoucement of the partnership. NDA? Maybe in case of some A-grade partners. These vague statements mean nothing if they repeat them x-times. Sorry :JC_thinking:

What did you just say I mean God it's so circular?? A lot of entities use NDA's, names will come out when the time is right Ripples goal isn't to pump XRP with speculation  I am sure once things are good on paper and within the guidelines of any NDA if there is one we will see announcements.  Repetition means a lot patterns are established with repetition and given the right patterns that repetition can easily become reality but the truth is you nor I know if a Swift partnership is forthcoming.  I believe that one is because all the technical aspects of the products are aligning and one can complement the other in fact Xrapid could improve swifts product greatly, now swift could go out on a limb and make their own XRapid equivalent but they are a day late and a dollar short so why reinvent the wheel.  Bottom line swift has everything to gain and nothing to loose with using Xrapid Hell they don't even have to partner with Ripple they could just utilize the software and still theoretically compete with Xcurrent.  Again a lot of people miss this point "SWIFT DOES NOT HAVE A COMPETING PRODUCT FOR XRAPID!!!" So even a partnership is not needed for swift to utilize Xrapid.  They can purchase a co branding license and Market Xrapid under their name.  There are plenty of ways this can go but  what is being said here is that the stars are aligning SWIFT has everything to gain and nothing to loose if they use Xrapid because if they utilize Xrapid or even Corda with xrp their competing  with Xcurrent if they choose not to use Corda or Xrapid then well their Competing with XCurrent, Xrapid and Corda with XRP

Edited by Guest

4 hours ago, Spartaksus said:

NDAs.  And it's not just other institutions putting NDAs up so Ripple can't talk.

Ripple have also put NDAs in so some of their customers can't talk. (Proof in some video interview somewhere.)

^

KInda holding out hope they're like the Marvel Hydra organisation and one day they're just gonna be like:

Hydra/Ripple: "SURPRISE MOFO!!!"

Cap USA/ Swift: "OMFG!!!

Hydra/Ripple: "All your base pair are belong to us!   Mwahahahahahahahahahaha!!!11"

3 hours ago, panmores said:

Funny how they keep on repeating the 200 customers number since early year yet keep on repeating they're signing up a few new ones per week...

In terms of speed, we will see the 300 this year, maybe even at SWELL