2 hours ago, MoonRockets said:

Says 502 Bad Gateway?

update - its Cloudfare, down again

Cloudfare has been bringing down a LOT of sites today.  Fascinating to see how one cloud provider can affect so many sites.  (And frightening, if I'm being honest)

Posted (edited)

Okay....so the reason I came to XRP as my first investment in the crypto space (last fall)  is that I've been aware of the energy problems around bitcoin for a long time, a few years at least.....and was greatly relieved to see that there was a solution for DLT that didn't involve crazy, unsustainable energy demand.

And even though I came here with my investor hat on, I still manage to participate in the rising market without owning any BTC, other than briefly to trade (occasionally) , and that, thankfully, is less and less necessary.  As more XRP pairs are added, it should become obvious to everyone that XRP is an excellent trader's coin because it's blazing fast. BTC is always my last resort.

This is a conscious decision to not own it, based on what I know. I encourage other investors who think they have to own BTC to participate in the ongoing rally to consider the alternatives. There are some good ones. I love XRP, but for obvious reasons, investors should at least consider spreading their risk around. This is just my opinion, fwiw.

Thanks for continuing to drive home the energy message on BTC. I think most people heavily invested in it are in major denial. I agree with you that fixing it is a political dilemma without much hope of really getting resolved. Never mind the centralization issue, which is real too.

The XRP community is a fun place to hang out. I was surprised and pleased as punch that Stedas added me to his poster.....if my Mom were only around to see me now. Thanks @Stedas. I'm not one for swag, but I MUST have one IMMEDIATELY!!!

Thanks for all you do to keep us updated on all the XRP news @Hodor....once again, I can hardly keep up with the reading anymore. 

Edited by dr_ed

6 hours ago, dr_ed said:

Thanks for continuing to drive home the energy message on BTC. I think most people heavily invested in it are in major denial. I agree with you that fixing it is a political dilemma without much hope of really getting resolved. Never mind the centralization issue, which is real too.

Thanks for all you do to keep us updated on all the XRP news @Hodor....once again, I can hardly keep up with the reading anymore. 

Thank you for reading and for taking the time to provide some feedback, @dr_ed 

The waste associated with Bitcoin is the 'most-not-covered' story around Bitcoin, unfortunately, even though news outlets like Wired magazine have covered the topic.  And it's numbing to hear the Bitcoin maximalists and investors apologize for Bitcoin, make excuses, and claim that the use of renewable energy will 'solve the problem' - a problem that modern decentralized processing has proven solve-able since 2012 when XRP was created.  

The XRP community is a fun place to hang out. I was surprised and pleased as punch that Stedas added me to his poster.....if my Mom were only around to see me now. Thanks @Stedas. I'm not one for swag, but I MUST have one IMMEDIATELY!!!

Some of them are limited-edition. :victory: Just saying. 

7 hours ago, dr_ed said:

Okay....so the reason I came to XRP as my first investment in the crypto space (last fall)  is that I've been aware of the energy problems around bitcoin for a long time, a few years at least.....and was greatly relieved to see that there was a solution for DLT that didn't involve crazy, unsustainable energy demand.

And even though I came here with my investor hat on, I still manage to participate in the rising market without owning any BTC, other than briefly to trade (occasionally) , and that, thankfully, is less and less necessary.  As more XRP pairs are added, it should become obvious to everyone that XRP is an excellent trader's coin because it's blazing fast. BTC is always my last resort.

This is a conscious decision to not own it, based on what I know. I encourage other investors who think they have to own BTC to participate in the ongoing rally to consider the alternatives. There are some good ones. I love XRP, but for obvious reasons, investors should at least consider spreading their risk around. This is just my opinion, fwiw.

Amazing I'm there too next to Lucky! It will be nice to look back in ten years time and say look I was there as one of the early community before it went ballistic!

Posted (edited)

Thanks Hodor, read it now - good blog as always.  I never feel any doubts about the magnitude of the task Ripple have set themselves or the capabilities of their team to deliver.

About Bitcoin I avoid thinking too hard about them.  I was not around in this space when they were really current and for me they always represented the past.  Sometimes people don't know that to win it is good to grab hold of a rock and hold still whilst you let the water around you swirl.   When the tide recedes the rock will be the solid feature in the landscape.

Edited by Julian_Williams

1 hour ago, Julian_Williams said:

to win it is good to grab hold of a rock and hold still whilst you let the water around you swirl.   When the tide recedes the rock will be the solid feature in the landscape.

I like that prose! :this: