Sign in to follow this  
Ctrl-Z

How to view transactions that have costed a fee but produced an error?

This is similar but different from my previous question. 

Using the XRPL explorers, they only show transactions that did not produce an error. However, some transactions that are errors also take a fee. How can I see those types? 

Thanks!

10 hours ago, Ctrl-Z said:

This is similar but different from my previous question. 

Using the XRPL explorers, they only show transactions that did not produce an error. However, some transactions that are errors also take a fee. How can I see those types? 

Thanks!

If a submitted transaction consumed a fee, it will appear on the ledger regardless of whether the transaction actually succeeded or failed to achieve its intended result. Note that a response of "tesSUCCESS" means the transaction was successfully *submitted*.  It does not mean it was successfully *applied* or that it can be expected to necessarily appear in any ledger, ever.

The answer to your questions may be to search for all transactions from the account in question.  Eg, with the data API:

https://data.ripple.com/v2/accounts/r9cZA1mLK5R5Am25ArfXFmqgNwjZgnfk59/balance_changes?descending=true

Put the account in question in place of "r9cZA1mLK5R5Am25ArfXFmqgNwjZgnfk59".  "decending=true" means more recent transactions will be shown first.

Another way is to use the websocket tool to directly query Ripple's public full-history server. Again, replace the account in question, and in this case "forward:false" means most recent transactions will be listed first (click "Send request"):

https://xrpl.org/websocket-api-tool.html?server=wss%3A%2F%2Fs2.ripple.com%2F&req={"id"%3A2%2C"command"%3A"account_tx"%2C"account"%3A"r9cZA1mLK5R5Am25ArfXFmqgNwjZgnfk59"%2C"ledger_index_min"%3A-1%2C"ledger_index_max"%3A-1%2C"binary"%3Afalse%2C"limit"%3A2%2C"forward"%3Afalse}

This approach will produce significantly less-readable output, but the returned results will be about as accurate as is possible.  You can change the amount of transactions returned with the "limit" parameter.