Sign in to follow this  

Posted (edited)

Several weeks, ago I started looking into the project as I wanted to know why the price was appreciating.  There was virtually no discussion of it on social media.  As it turns out, the LINK community (not the Chainlink team) was running a misinformation campaign to suppress the price.  Any post made on r/cryptocurrency was immediately down voted and filled with untrue comments.  This was mostly done by LINK holders. 

I spent many hours looking into the merits of the project.  I concluded it was one of the most promising projects in the entire space.  There is a lot of speculation built into the price right now but it is warranted.  I DCAed in (which was a mistake as the price kept going up) and completed my last buy well over a week ago. 

I am taking a break from XRP Chat but just thought I would drop this here since people have been discussing it.  I am not interested in getting into a debate or discussion on the use case of Chainlink or the tokenomics of LINK.  I did my research and am more than comfortable with my decision.  I am also not trying to convince anyone to buy.  The success of the project does not depend on this.

With all that said, if anyone is interested in purchasing LINK, I suggest you do research as well.  Lastly, it is no coicidence LINK being listed on Coinbase made it to the top of the front page of r/cryptocurrency.  As I said, they were running a misinformation campaign for two years.  That ended within the last few days!  :)   

Good luck everyone with your investments whether it is all XRP or a combination of XRP and other projects!

Edited by Sebastian
Spelling

No misinformation, sir. It hasn't been hyped by the team, that's all. They have waited until live product for announcements (made by their partners btw). It has been mentioned in this site many times in the last 2 years. 

Link -THE RYPPEL KILLER

apparently it really killed ripple.

Isnt it nice how all the ultra right wing nationalist and conspiracy nuts are getting rich? 

XRP teh stendard 0doubt 

😂😂

You Sir need a talk show. Global. No coins, just berries.

8 hours ago, Sebastian said:

As it turns out, the LINK community (not the Chainlink team) was running a misinformation campaign to suppress the price.  Any post made on r/cryptocurrency was immediately down voted and filled with untrue comments.  This was mostly done by LINK holders.

What would be the reason?

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, AlvaroXRP said:

No misinformation, sir. It hasn't been hyped by the team, that's all. They have waited until live product for announcements (made by their partners btw). It has been mentioned in this site many times in the last 2 years. 

I agree.  The Chainlink team had nothing to do with the misinformation campaign.  They keep their heads down, rarely comment at all on the project, and are building a world class product.  But there was a misinformation campaign.  If you search r/cryptocurrency for Chainlink and look at the posts for the past couple years you can see evidence of it.

@Dario_o, below is an exchange from the Reddit thread in my original post above.

Slade_Duelyst

I'm lost why would they not want people on Reddit to buy their bags and increase price.

Traceus

because they knew the potential of chainlink, that its success was inevitable, that reddit was not needed, and they wanted to accumulate as much as possible. Plus they (myself included) hate reddit and redditors

Edited by Sebastian

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Dario_o said:

What would be the reason?

Lowering the amount of people on the train, very clever. Welcome to financial markets.

I see another coin that's happening the same thing and has yet to re-moon to its full potential.. because its overhyped by the masses.. but once it does.....

hint you're on its dedicated forum

Edited by SamJacques

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, SamJacques said:

Lowering the amount of people on the train, very clever. Welcome to financial markets.

Exactly.  Clearly the cat is out of the bag which is why you are seeing the market react the way it is. 

When I was buying, there were already wild swings but I expect those to get much worse if this continues to go parabolic.

Edited by Sebastian

Darn, I have heard of link from time to time for the past year and was on my list to research but never got to it. I bought a very small amount yesterday at 2.80 just to have an incentive to keep an eye on it.

If it sounds good while cooling off a bit, then maybe I will look into buying more.

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, MemberBerry said:

Screenshot_2019-06-29-08-47-39-1.thumb.png.c007459a40907b5cae7a59c0a2906932.png

Sir

Please post more sir.

Edit: In all seriousness, I think it would be unwise to go all in on LINK.  It is extremely speculative and a disproportionate amount of LINK is controlled by relatively few so there could be lots of volatility including flash crashes.

Edited by Sebastian

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Sebastian said:

Please post more sir.

Edit: In all seriousness, I think it would be unwise to go all in on LINK.  It is extremely speculative and a disproportionate amount of LINK is controlled by relatively few so there could be lots of volatility including flash crashes.

Yup, Sebastian gets it. I had to sign up for this forum (even though I have been a lurker for years!) because I did the exact same thing you did, back in March. Had several twitter arguments with Link fans and that led me down the path of actually researching Chainlink. Well, I discovered a lot... and as you said, they heavily fudded this project from the start. This tactic is not new, as this very board (4Chan) did the same thing with Ethereum when it was sitting around .60. Just take a look at this post... particularly the way they describe the project and Vitalik... sounds a lot like the Link "fud" screen grab also posted here. Bottom line, just like anything in this space... it needs further research before deciding to jump into it. Look beyond what's being said. Look into the team, the fundamentals, what issues are they trying to solve and what are the prospects for actual real world use. Best of luck to you all!

Screen-Shot-2019-06-29-at-10_49.54-AM.thumb.jpg.b3677fc86ca42e567544824e4714e666.jpg

Edited by Mr_X