Sign in to follow this  
ObeyTheWafflehouse

XRP to $20, different perspective

8 minutes ago, XRP_to_20dollars said:

XRP as my main investment

XRP is my only investment and I am super optimistic about my choice. I've been cost averaging what I can afford to lose entirely. XRP hit an ATH on pure speculation, think about what it can hit when the utility actually kicks in. 

10 minutes ago, ObeyTheWafflehouse said:

XRP is my only investment and I am super optimistic about my choice. I've been cost averaging what I can afford to lose entirely. XRP hit an ATH on pure speculation, think about what it can hit when the utility actually kicks in. 

With all respect, utility has kicked in, xrp and xrapid are being used, with no impact on price. What am I missing? What would real utility look like to you?

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, XRP_to_20dollars said:

With all respect, utility has kicked in, xrp and xrapid are being used, with no impact on price. What am I missing? What would real utility look like to you?

Actually I don’t think it has as yet.  

When the following chart at https://coinlib.io/global-crypto-charts has XRP as big as or bigger than Bitcoin THEN utility is kicked in.  Price up to that point is fickle and manipulated.  We have a way to go yet,  but maybe not too long a wait.

AE96DC91-875F-49A6-A000-8BEF29A22A24.jpeg

Edited by Tinyaccount
Formatting

Xrapid was first used less than 1 year ago. I never get how people assume the first time xrp is used for utility it will some how significantly increase the xrp price. This is where patience is key. It’s pretty incredible to me that xrp is already in use by a major remittance company, real utility. And as liquidity and use increase and investors are made aware of the opportunity I feel there is a great chance for fomo to take xrp many many times it’s current value.

2 hours ago, XRP_to_20dollars said:

You're missing the difference between a drop of water and the oceans.

Both are water, but one is just a bit more.

6 hours ago, Tinyaccount said:

Actually I don’t think it has as yet.  

When the following chart at https://coinlib.io/global-crypto-charts has XRP as big as or bigger than Bitcoin THEN utility is kicked in.  Price up to that point is fickle and manipulated.  We have a way to go yet,  but maybe not too long a wait.

AE96DC91-875F-49A6-A000-8BEF29A22A24.jpeg

Thanks for putting things into perspective @Tinyaccount I’ve bookmarked this site now.

Just out of curiosity, do you have any images of how this has changed over time? It’d be interesting to observe how the the volume morphs.

A good example of seeing change in crypto is the graph at the top of the site. It’s interesting to see how total market cap has more than doubled between 1April 2019 and today. 

While we aren’t busy buying what ever we’re going to be buying with our newfound XRP wealth because of this doubling, it’s nice to visually see how the market in general is picking up. It’s good to see and learn. Yes it’s positive market action but likely to look minuscule in five years from today.

The image you provided today might become very interesting to look back at and reflect on in the future.

7 hours ago, ObeyTheWafflehouse said:

Me too.

Ahhhhh...maybe the “afford to lose entirely” is a bit of a stretch in my case. To lose entirely would definitely make a difference in our future lifestyle. Conversely, it’ll also make a difference in our future lifestyle if XRP valuation goes as I believe it will. Today we’re in it to win it. To each their own level of risk to reward.

I take what DS says about potential XRP valuation based on potential usage as a decent gauge. Even his conservative XRP estimated valuations will be life changing for us. 

32 minutes ago, Roaring_Twenties said:

Just out of curiosity, do you have any images of how this has changed over time?

Nah mate, sorry.   It’s looked pretty much like that for a good while now.  No saved images though.

Occasionally if there are some big wallet moves it looks slightly better but that is a false comfort.  I find the fiat flow graphs above the volume one informative too.  

Basically if I want to get a quick snapshot of how things stand I do this:

1. Look at Blockfolio 3day graph of XRP price
  2. Go to google trends and see if Ripple or XRP interest is rising ( https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=today 1-m&q=Xrp,Ripple )
  3. Look at Coinmarketcap to see if the top ten graphs at right hand side are in synch
  4. Look at the coin lib site.  ( https://coinlib.io/global-crypto-charts )
  5. Scan the activity page of XRPChat to see what threads are active.
  6. Goto my last read point in the Zerpening and see how far behind I am...   ( The ZPI. :) )

All of that takes about a minute all up.    That’s plenty enough for this amateur to feel he has a finger on the pulse of my XRP investment.  One day I hope to find it’s actually got a heartbeat.    :) 

On 6/26/2019 at 10:15 PM, ObeyTheWafflehouse said:

Bitcoin has been on fire these past few months, and XRP for the majority of the time has remained static. This called into question, "Why?" The same thing happened in late 2017, early 2018 where XRP really took off. This sparked the idea that I may be looking at this all wrong. 

Normally when looking at a chart, I look at XRP vs USD to put it into perspective by comparing it to something that I know and am familiar with. However we are talking about crypto. Crypto is an a different beast all on its own and is independent of all other markets. With this, I looked into BTC vs XRP and found something very interesting.

On the first chart, I mapped out the previous ATH to the next low during each "satohsi bear market." Each blue box represents support and resistance lows. At first glimpse, this chart does not look like anything special until I started to chart a few move critical points. 

tetx2O6k

There is a lot going on with this chart, but bear with me. The first ATH in 2015 PULLED BACK ~95% to the low in mid 2017 which took ~801 days. In return, the price ran to a short burst of ~10,000%. Then we entered into another satoshi bear market which PULLED BACK ~95% for ~196 days before we entered into another short burst which the price ran approximately ~1800%. Notice how the market is respecting the support/resistance levels that was identified from the first chart, and also notice that each satoshi pull back of ~95% marks a short burst to the resistance level approximately at .00022 satoshi. 

Currently we are in another satoshi bear market, but we have NOT pulled back ~95% yet. Notice the non significant marker that I placed. Remember in October of 2018 XRP spiked while other crypto markets were not disturbed, for arguments sake, I am going to ignore this movement. At current price (.00003519), we still need to pull back another ~70% satoshi in order to achieve our 95% pull back from the previous bull run high to enter into our next bull run.

QaskI41D

IMO, and I may be wrong, but the longer the time of the pull back (while BTC is rising in price) creates a bigger divergence between the two price actions. It looks like we are entering the longer cycle of the pull back, and I expect a 10,000% short burst in price action based on the bull run in mid 2017. This would put the price of XRP (if XRP is currently valued around .44 cents) at ~$22 (Loadstar II for you bear followers), and I would expect that we enter into a satoshi bear market again. 

That makes sense, I follow your logic. Thanks for sharing.

When you say pull back, the way I interpret that is: As Bitcoin continues to climb like it has been while XRP remains stagnant, that is the pullback happening. That slingshot is getting pulled farther and farther back and XRP is bound to snap up and correct at some point.

If Bitcoin can keep pushing, while XRP remains stagnant, I think that is a good sign for the pull back. Now if Bitcoin dumps then that is not a good sign and the market is not ready for another run yet.

I think we need to see if Bitcoin can get to $13K USD again or not over the next month or two.

Posted (edited)

I'm glad I buy a lot of VTSAX. Nice solid reliable. I've really tempered my short term expectations. The first two years in my investment I was thinking it's gonna moonshot at any moment. Here we are. Might be another 2-3 years of utility before the price really goes anywhere.

But......maybe it's just around the corner!

"Might" and "maybe" describe this invesent quite well.

Edited by mrhat75

:wizard:Ladies and gentleman, think BIGGER!  X-Rapid volumes are not currently outpacing trade volume books - once this happens, we moon.  Right now Xrapid is still in infancy.  Patience young Jedi's.

5 hours ago, Roaring_Twenties said:

I take what DS says about potential XRP valuation based on potential usage as a decent gauge.

Think of it this way. 

XRP hit ~$3 when there was no MG partnership, xRapid was not in production yet, XRP was traded on far fewer exchanges and also was not listed on Coinbase, SBI had not launched its platform, and R3 and Ripple were still in their lawsuit. 

A lot has changed since January of 2018, and Ripple has made a lot of progress since then, and that is only what we publicly know. IDK if you listened to the quarterly report of MG, but Ripple made them sign an NDA, and MG's CEO was very restricted on what he was allowed to say about benefits XRP and xRapid has to offer. There is a lot of work going on behind the scenes and the potential is enormous. I would trust DS's judgement. 

On 26/6/2019 at 23:15, ObeyTheWafflehouse said:

Bitcoin ha estado en llamas en los últimos meses, y XRP durante la mayor parte del tiempo se ha mantenido estático. Esto cuestionó, "¿Por qué?" Lo mismo sucedió a fines de 2017, principios de 2018, donde XRP realmente despegó. Esto provocó la idea de que podría estar mirando todo esto mal. 

Normalmente cuando miro un gráfico, miro XRP vs USD para ponerlo en perspectiva al compararlo con algo que conozco y con el que estoy familiarizado. Sin embargo, estamos hablando de criptografía. Crypto es una bestia diferente por sí sola y es independiente de todos los demás mercados. Con esto, busqué en BTC vs XRP y encontré algo muy interesante.

En el primer gráfico, tracé el ATH anterior al siguiente mínimo durante cada "mercado bajista satohsi". Cada cuadro azul representa mínimos de soporte y resistencia. A primera vista, este gráfico no parece nada especial hasta que comencé a trazar algunos puntos críticos de movimiento. 

tetx2O6k

Están sucediendo muchas cosas con este gráfico, pero tengan paciencia conmigo. El primer ATH en 2015 retrocedió ~ 95% al mínimo a mediados de 2017, que tomó ~ 801 días. A cambio, el precio corrió a una breve explosión de ~ 10,000%. Luego, ingresamos a otro mercado de osos satoshi que retrocedió ~ 95% durante ~ 196 días antes de entrar en otro estallido corto cuyo precio corrió aproximadamente ~ 1800%. Observe cómo el mercado está respetando los niveles de soporte / resistencia que se identificaron en el primer gráfico, y también observe que cada retirada de satoshi de ~ 95% marca un breve estallido al nivel de resistencia aproximadamente en .00022 satoshi. 

Actualmente estamos en otro mercado de osos satoshi, pero todavía NO hemos retrocedido ~ 95%. Observe el marcador no significativo que puse. Recuerde que en octubre de 2018, XRP se disparó mientras que otros criptomercados no se vieron afectados, por el bien de los argumentos, voy a ignorar este movimiento. Al precio actual (.00003519), todavía tenemos que retirar otro ~ 70% de satoshi para lograr nuestro 95% de retroceso de la corrida anterior para entrar en nuestra próxima corrida.

QaskI41D

OMI, y puedo estar equivocado, pero cuanto mayor sea el tiempo de retroceso (mientras BTC aumenta el precio) crea una mayor divergencia entre las dos acciones de precio. Parece que estamos entrando en el ciclo más largo del retroceso, y espero un estallido corto de 10,000% en la acción del precio basado en la corrida de toros a mediados de 2017. Esto pondría el precio de XRP (si XRP se valora actualmente alrededor de .44 centavos) a ~ $ 22 (Loadstar II para sus seguidores con osos), y esperaría que volvamos a entrar en un mercado de osos satoshi nuevamente. 

I would love to see an update of these graphics. excellent thread, do not abandon it! Thank you very much in advance hug

Sign in to follow this