Under 4000 Satoshi for the first time since 2017

On 5/11/2020 at 10:59 AM, fatlever said:

You mean 156 weeks?  XRP gone to 1/2 its dollar value and 1/10 its BTC value in 3 years. 

May 2017

• $0.40
  • 21,640 sats

May 2020

•  $0.19
  • 2,212 sats

Do you work for Ripple? Sure XRP is a better investment than MoneyGram which has lost 1/4 its value in the same time frame and looks like it's about to go bankrupt but rational people usually look to make returns on their investments in that time horizon.   In that time frame, S&P 500 ETF SPY has gone from 240 to 290 even with the recent drop, APPL is 2X, AMZN is like 2.5X, TSLA is like 3X and BTC is still 4X.  

On 5/11/2020 at 12:35 PM, Ramforinkas said:

You're comparing an extremely speculative asset to a stock market index consisting of the largest, most established companies in the United States. Further, you picked a time frame where said speculative asset class has performed negatively. Sorry to break it to you, don't invest in speculative investments if you want steady, slow growth.

brian regan what GIF

I compared BTC price to XRP over a 3 year time period where XRP lost -50% of it's value while BTC went ~4X.  Both are completely speculative assets that generate zero revenue and have zero fundamentals.  Then I brought up high growth tech companies which have gone up 2X APPL , 2.5X AMZN, and 3X TSLA in the same 3 year time period to highlight the massive opportunity cost of holding being invested in XRP vs other speculative assets like BTC or high growth tech stocks.  2X to 4X is not slow and steady growth -- the S&P historically returns 10% per year on average. 

There only a few short pump and dump time frames where XRP has done well.  I still hold a small amount I bought from ~$0.17-24 in spring to summer 2017 and the amount that I didn't sell has been a complete waste of money and lost opportunity.  You on the other hand started buying XRP in January 2018 and have been DCA ever since losing money on pretty much every single purchase.

On 4/25/2020 at 10:33 PM, Ramforinkas said:

Still holding since jan 2018.

Buying every 2 weeks or so, small amounts worth.

On 4/17/2020 at 1:05 PM, Ramforinkas said:

Take care.. perhaps you saved yourself ultimately 25k at least if crypto and/or XRP goes bust. I'm still DCA'ing though and hope this isn't the case.

Makes my ~6k loss (at the moment) seem like absolutely nothing lol.  I lost ~15k a few years back in some option plays over a few days - and i'm far from wealthy...

Continuously losing  money for years and doing mental gymnastics to rationalize it as a good investment while attacking me with some smug image telling me I don't know what a speculative investment is makes you yet another deluded XRP investor

bags.gif.da9e0c2c5f63346f44131c00c159ef9b.gif

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Guys.. don't try and understand what's going on and predict by what you see/feel. Full time forex trader speaking here. I've learned early in my career that doing the opposite of what I think the

I think this is an interesting question.  It is linked to why XRP has performed worse than any other top ten crypto? My personal speculative answer is that the crypto investors, as a group, have

Brad Shithouse has to stop bragging about XRP doing better than Bitcoin. A few months ago Mike Novogratz address some valid points, but instead of taken away concern for institutional investors B

Posted Images

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, fatlever said:

I compared BTC price to XRP over a 3 year time period where XRP lost -50% of it's value while BTC went ~4X.  Both are completely speculative assets that generate zero revenue and have zero fundamentals.  Then I brought up high growth tech companies which have gone up 2X APPL , 2.5X AMZN, and 3X TSLA in the same 3 year time period to highlight the massive opportunity cost of holding being invested in XRP vs other speculative assets like BTC or high growth tech stocks.  2X to 4X is not slow and steady growth -- the S&P historically returns 10% per year on average. 

There only a few short pump and dump time frames where XRP has done well.  I still hold a small amount I bought from ~$0.17-24 in spring to summer 2017 and the amount that I didn't sell has been a complete waste of money and lost opportunity.  You on the other hand started buying XRP in January 2018 and have been DCA ever since losing money on pretty much every single purchase.

Continuously losing  money for years and doing mental gymnastics to rationalize it as a good investment while attacking me with some smug image telling me I don't know what a speculative investment is makes you yet another deluded XRP investor

bags.gif.da9e0c2c5f63346f44131c00c159ef9b.gif

Correct, what exactly is the point of this post.

You compared a timeline in which one asset has performed poorly (if you accounted for 2016 or 2017, it would be a different picture) to various other assets which haven't, regardless of their nature and/or type.

28 minutes ago, fatlever said:

Both are completely speculative assets that generate zero revenue and have zero fundamentals

This is false and utter nonsense. There is a wealth of information which has been archived over the last 3 years here in this forum.

I always DCA with all of my investments and it typically works out in my favor. My XRP DCA right now is sitting at .255. What gymnastics exactly lol? I occasionally check up on fundamentals and reevaluate my position in XRP, right now, I see now reason to sell. I could care less if my paper loss is ~25-30 percent currently.

Edited by Ramforinkas
37 minutes ago, Ramforinkas said:

Correct, what exactly is the point of this post.

You compared a timeline in which one asset has performed poorly (if you accounted for 2016 or 2017, it would be a different picture) to various other assets which haven't, regardless of their nature and/or type.

This is false and utter nonsense. There is a wealth of information which has been archived over the last 3 years here in this forum.

I always DCA with all of my investments and it typically works out in my favor. My XRP DCA right now is sitting at .255. What gymnastics exactly lol? I occasionally check up on fundamentals and reevaluate my position in XRP, right now, I see now reason to sell. I could care less if my paper loss is ~25-30 percent currently.

XRP is up only a little over ~3X times from it's high in December 2013 of $0.06 to its current price 7 years later.  That is a very very poor return for the amount of risk you take for a completely volatile speculative asset.  Investing is all about risk/return.  If you take that amount of risk, you should be rewarded accordingly.  The reward for XRP just hasn't been there.  There are only a few periods where it pumps and it does that after dumping hard.  After December 2013 it mostly was stagnant or dumped for over 3 years until around April 2017 when a BTC bullrun picked up the whole crypto market and it pumped from under $.01.  Then in December/January 2018 when almost everything was pumping and Koreans were FOMOing into XRP.  Unless you catch these pumps and time the pump and dump window just right, XRP has not been a good long term hold at all.

Furthermore, as I have repeatedly stated in this forum, the idea of applying fundamentals to crypto is total and utter nonsense. You can do fundamental analysis in stocks because there are fundamentals but talking about fundamentals is crypto is a sign that you're talking out your ass.  If you think that the "wealth of information in this forum" or the marketing fluff from Ripple is fundamentals then you delusional and have no clue about investing and being able to separate marketing hype and an echo chamber of hopium from appreciation of asset value based on revenue, growths and profit which does not exist in crypto.

On 4/24/2019 at 12:03 PM, fatlever said:

Generally when I see people posting about fundamentals in crypto, it's a sign that they talking out their ass.

In stocks fundamental analysis is based on revenues, profits, growth, competitors and debts.  It's almost impossible to do fundamental analysis on cryptos based on those aspects.  In cryptos the closest thing to fundamental analysis is network  growth and utility.  But even that is hard to measure because Ripple consistently hypes up pilot programs.

• 4 months later...

Seriously wondering if anyone is holding 100% XRP bags or even 30-50% XRP allocation in their crypto portfolio anymore and why.  The long hard trend was obvious but if you're in an echo chamber it's easy to ignore especially because crypto also has some occasional pumps for every coin.  But there is no sign of XRP even pumping anymore.  

4 hours ago, fatlever said:

Seriously wondering if anyone is holding 100% XRP bags or even 30-50% XRP allocation in their crypto portfolio anymore and why.

My portfolio is ~roughly 50 percent XRP (a bit less now I think). Still believe in the tech and potential for future price appreciation, definitely not selling any and still making small buys here and there.

The long hard trend was obvious but if you're in an echo chamber it's easy to ignore especially because crypto also has some occasional pumps for every coin. 

What long hard trend? Care to show some TA on this? Are you suggesting that prices will continue to depreciate? Honestly, the "echo chamber" has shifted to negativity, capitulation and price depreciation. Hardly anyone even posts here anymore. It seems like anymore everyone believes we're still going to continue making lower lows and will soon break the 200 day.

But there is no sign of XRP even pumping anymore.  

I disagree with this. We've recently flipped several important MA's, broke out of the 2 year lower/low cycles, ODL has been on the uptick again in recent weeks, important/significant crypto news as of recent, BTC continuing its run up which will likely be followed by an alt season, spark airdrop.. I could continue on.

13 hours ago, Ramforinkas said:

What long hard trend? Care to show some TA on this? Are you suggesting that prices will continue to depreciate? 

I am not into TA bullshit.  I've called people here doing TA here the biggest idiots in crypto cheerleading XRP investors off a cliff into 3 years of losing money.  I've also repeatedly said in the past that there is long hard trend where XRP looks like it will continue to tank exactly like it did in the 2014-2016 bear market and crater in satoshi value.  All you have to look at is the chart from 2014-2016 and see XRP dump dump dump and if you overlay 2018-2020 it's been doing the same thing and it continues.

On 7/10/2019 at 12:28 PM, fatlever said:

As I've stated, I think we're seeing the belo scenario play out.  It's not just for XRP but for most Alts.  I think the question is how bad can it get?  During last BTC recovery period when the ALTs that survived were bleeding to death, XRP dropped below 500 sats.  I could eventually see sub 1000 sats.

On 7/6/2019 at 12:37 PM, fatlever said:

This isn't like 2017.  It's like BTC recovery in 2015-2016.  XRP and other ALTs that have been around are acting exactly like they did when BTC was recovering in the 2015-2016 time period.  They are bleeding satoshi badly.  They didn't gain in BTC then and they are not gaining now.  

Monero has gone back to the lowest satoshi value since 2016.  Doge is going back to 2016 levels.  XRP has been bleeding slowly from 8-10K sats range now down to 3K levels.  Litecoin was holding up for a bit but it's also started to bleed and trending towards levels before 2017.  

This has been the trend for months.  But of course in every community, there are die hards that believe their coin is special, undervalued and primed for break out ignoring history and pointing to FOMO breakouts in 2017.  There is no evidence of this happening right now except hopium.  

On 1/4/2020 at 9:57 AM, fatlever said:

I don't usually read these threads because people who do these TA and charts in crypto are the biggest idiots but christ like I've said before the problem with crytpo is people cheerleading investors off a cliff...

...and the most dangerous are guys like this guy providing analysis leading people off a cliff with some bullshit charts showing an excellent price point and also rekt themselves.  The last couple years should be humbling and we had one idiot after another pointing to charts and TA but they continue to espouse this meaningless scratch pads like they have a clue.  Eventually these gimmicks may be right at some point and they'll point to it as a reference of their expertise.  

13 hours ago, Ramforinkas said:

I disagree with this. We've recently flipped several important MA's, broke out of the 2 year lower/low cycles, ODL has been on the uptick again in recent weeks, important/significant crypto news as of recent, BTC continuing its run up which will likely be followed by an alt season, spark airdrop.. I could continue on.

You can smoke all the hopium you want but XRP has performed like some dogshit 3rd world currency since summer of 2017....

https://coinmarketcap.com/historical/20170601/

..and ODL hype to lure gullible investors, spark airdrop none of this matters.   Money first has to flow to BTC where investors make huge gains and start hitting new ATHs and get greedy believing the hype narratives of all these other projects.  As an XRP investor you just have to hope that Ripple and XRP's reputation haven't been hurt bad enough so that it can still attract some of this money that comes into crypto.  

2 hours ago, fatlever said:

I am not into TA bullshit.  I've called people here doing TA here the biggest idiots in crypto cheerleading XRP investors off a cliff into 3 years of losing money.  I've also repeatedly said in the past that there is long hard trend where XRP looks like it will continue to tank exactly like it did in the 2014-2016 bear market and crater in satoshi value.  All you have to look at is the chart from 2014-2016 and see XRP dump dump dump and if you overlay 2018-2020 it's been doing the same thing and it continues.

Trend lines are TA.. You're basing future performance off of its prior performance by simply looking at a trend that you believe you've found, not to mention overlaying fractals.

2 hours ago, fatlever said:

You can smoke all the hopium you want but XRP has performed like some dogshit 3rd world currency since summer of 2017....

https://coinmarketcap.com/historical/20170601/

..and ODL hype to lure gullible investors, spark airdrop none of this matters.   Money first has to flow to BTC where investors make huge gains and start hitting new ATHs and get greedy believing the hype narratives of all these other projects.  As an XRP investor you just have to hope that Ripple and XRP's reputation haven't been hurt bad enough so that it can still attract some of this money that comes into crypto.  

You asked for opinions on why people are holding and I gave you mine, take it or leave it. To me, those things do matter. There's no point in discussing this since it seems like our opinions are fundamentally different not just in XRP but the crypto class in general. Honestly, I think you need to step away from this scene for a while and come back later, it would probably be good for your health.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.