Under 4000 Satoshi for the first time since 2017

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Guys.. don't try and understand what's going on and predict by what you see/feel. Full time forex trader speaking here. I've learned early in my career that doing the opposite of what I think the

I think this is an interesting question.  It is linked to why XRP has performed worse than any other top ten crypto? My personal speculative answer is that the crypto investors, as a group, have

I have sell orders from 50c upwards! I even managed to trigger a sell order when the price hit 50c on Bitstamp the other day.  Bought back in again. These sell orders are 1% of my stack.  I will place

Posted Images

As I've stated, I think we're seeing the belo scenario play out.  It's not just for XRP but for most Alts.  I think the question is how bad can it get?  During last BTC recovery period when the ALTs that survived were bleeding to death, XRP dropped below 500 sats.  I could eventually see sub 1000 sats.

On 7/6/2019 at 12:37 PM, fatlever said:

This isn't like 2017.  It's like BTC recovery in 2015-2016.  XRP and other ALTs that have been around are acting exactly like they did when BTC was recovering in the 2015-2016 time period.  They are bleeding satoshi badly.  They didn't gain in BTC then and they are not gaining now.  

Monero has gone back to the lowest satoshi value since 2016.  Doge is going back to 2016 levels.  XRP has been bleeding slowly from 8-10K sats range now down to 3K levels.  Litecoin was holding up for a bit but it's also started to bleed and trending towards levels before 2017.  

This has been the trend for months.  But of course in every community, there are die hards that believe their coin is special, undervalued and primed for break out ignoring history and pointing to FOMO breakouts in 2017.  There is no evidence of this happening right now except hopium.  

4 hours ago, fatlever said:

As I've stated, I think we're seeing the belo scenario play out.  It's not just for XRP but for most Alts.  I think the question is how bad can it get?  During last BTC recovery period when the ALTs that survived were bleeding to death, XRP dropped below 500 sats.  I could eventually see sub 1000 sats.

The sub 500 was beginning of 17, but the end of 17 was the next bottom at 1500.  So if we're guessing at a bottom now, I'd guess 1500-2000 ish unless there is some fundamental change in the market or some FOMO media attention sets in and drives speculation again.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Dario_o said:

Do you think XRP is neglected by short term speculators? also why whales are rumpling it to move to something else?

I think this is an interesting question.  It is linked to why XRP has performed worse than any other top ten crypto?

My personal speculative answer is that the crypto investors, as a group, have turned against XRP.  This is probably related to the FUD and general bitterness towards XRP by the crypto community.  XRP has been labelled a failure amongst this group of investors, many of whom have strong links to BTC and ETH.

I think the trolls that have appeared on this forum in recent weeks reflect this sentiment.  They are the tip of the anti XRP iceberg.

The XRPecosystem is expanding nicely and the fundamentals are getting stronger and stronger.  My view is that XRP is developing its own group of investors who are distinct within the crypto community.  I also think XRP will take off in a big way and outperform all other crypto when it gets the publicity due to it for opening up the cross broder payments and gets labelled "the Bankers Coin". 

31 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

I think this is an interesting question.  It is linked to why XRP has performed worse than any other top ten crypto?

My personal speculative answer is that the crypto investors, as a group, have turned against XRP.  This is probably related to the FUD and general bitterness towards XRP by the crypto community.  XRP has been labelled a failure amongst this group of investors, many of whom have strong links to BTC and ETH.

I think the trolls that have appeared on this forum in recent weeks reflect this sentiment.  They are the tip of the anti XRP iceberg.

The XRPecosystem is expanding nicely and the fundamentals are getting stronger and stronger.  My view is that XRP is developing its own group of investors who are distinct within the crypto community.  I also think XRP will take off in a big way and outperform all other crypto when it gets the publicity due to it for opening up the cross broder payments and gets labelled "the Bankers Coin". 

At least trolls have no money ;)

20 minutes ago, KuNiT21 said:

I think people are looking way to hard into why XRP is not moving.  Suggesting things like FUD, Speculators, Whales, ect?  The answer is pretty simple, BTC Dominance.  It's almost at like 72% right now.

+ Market cap but people doesn't like this argument

1 hour ago, Julian_Williams said:

I think you're onto something. The degree that this is preventing the price from going up, who knows, because a lot of other crypto cults are complaining about their coins not going up as well.

But this definitely sums up the level of stupidity and/or ignorance that runs rampant in this space.

But then is it just stupid or ignorant people or is it just a well-coordinated effort by a specific group of smart people to make profit by playing into how silly and gullible people are in groups? 

Edited by AlejoMoreno
34 minutes ago, AlejoMoreno said:

I think you're onto something. The degree that this is preventing the price from going up, who knows, because a lot of other crypto cults are complaining about their coins not going up as well.

But this definitely sums up the level of stupidity and/or ignorance that runs rampant in this space.

But then is it just stupid or ignorant people or is it just a well-coordinated effort by a specific group of smart people to make profit by playing into how silly and gullible people are in groups?

Once a meme gets established in a group it gets stuck rigid like some sort of religious zealotry.  Scientists and politicians do this all the time; being unable to approach a subject from two sides.  Stupidity becomes "the truth" inside the group, and anyone who disagrees is a heretic or bonkers.  We see this again and again in society.  I do not want to debate it here, and I know what I am going to write will enrage many people here because it is so controversial, but we can see this going on amongst "experts" in both the Brexit debate and Global Warming debates where sane middle ground analysis has been squeezed out in favour of extreme positions from zealots on both sides.   This process is very visible in crypto. 

I look at XRP every day, trying to find fault in my appraisal.  From what I see this project is rolling and gaining traction.  The tokens are being adopted in mainstream cross border payment structures and I personally cannot see how XRapid cannot gain some of the market share in the new payments systems.  This is all that XRP needs to do to give a huge return on investment (maybe $10, but if XRapid gains 20 or 50% of cross border payments we are looking at values in the hundreds per token)   But many many, otherwise sane and sensible people in crypto just see XRP as a failed idea going nowhere.  I am 100% XRP invested.

I am not bothered by what/how the crypto community value XRP, to me those people are not the people I am looking to as being the investors that take XRP up to the next stage)

Edited by Julian_Williams
15 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

Once a meme gets established in a group it gets stuck rigid like some sort of religious zealotry.  Scientists and politicians do this all the time; being unable to approach a subject from two sides.  Stupidity becomes "the truth" inside the group, and anyone who disagrees is a heretic or bonkers.  We see this again and again in society.  I do not want to debate it here, and I know what I am going to write will enrage many people here because it is so controversial, but we can see this going on amongst "experts" in both the Brexit debate and Global Warming debates where sane middle ground analysis has been squeezed out in favour of extreme positions from zealots on both sides.   This process is very visible in crypto. 

You can say that again, it's like a mob mentality and those of us that don't agree with either majority (which is usually just two groups to chose from) can beat down to smitherines unless we're willing to put up a long tiresome fight.

I was thinking about Global Warming as well. Basically either you have to be a "coal chugging oil burner" or a "hippy tree hugger" to get an acceptance. Anything other than that and you butter put on boxing gloves whenever someone brings up the topic.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.