Jump to content
fatlever

Under 4000 Satoshi for the first time since 2017

Recommended Posts

19 hours ago, Caracappa said:

Ofcourse not, we're all converting to your beloved BTC, pall. Because that's the real future of utility... If you've got all day waiting for confirmation and like paying multiple dollars for each buy.

Did I hit a nerve? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/28/2019 at 11:06 AM, 2ndtimearound said:

Look at BTC/XRP - XRP does have a life of its own at significant points in the past (May 2017, Dec 2017/Jan 2018, September 2018). 

Put in your sell limit orders on the way up and make money for the next one.  Mine are in place.

Yes, there are periods that XRP has it's own range, but these are isolated periods. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Spekul8 said:

What made you get into it? Is that thing changed? 

 

 

I think 2 1/2 years from the 2017 bullrun to now, a lot of people have seen nothing from Ripple but the price of XRP being buoyed by BTC phases.  In Q1 of 2017, the onset of the BTC bullrun woke XRP from its slumber, the Q4 BTC dump with people chasing profits into every shitcoin that pumped combined with Korean FOMO into XRP took prices to ATHs.  Then we had a brief phase after 2018 Swell where major banks using XRP was promised in 2018 and dozens of banks using XRP was predicted in 2019.  So far it's been nothing but hype followed by crickets from Ripple.  In the meantime, Libra has been launched by Facebook, Visa, MasterCard and a consortium of enterprises.  JPMorgan is launching it's own crypto with Jamie Dimon saying cryptocurrency companies are competitors who "want to eat our lunch."  So you have enterprises with much better suited platforms, connections, better technical integrations, expertise and  much deeper pockets who are looking to wipe out any headstart and advantage XRP had in the space.  

 

On 6/28/2019 at 9:41 AM, Caracappa said:

Ofcourse not, we're all converting to your beloved BTC, pall. Because that's the real future of utility... If you've got all day waiting for confirmation and like paying multiple dollars for each buy.

Unfortunately, XRPs competition is not BTC.  BTC is capturing the store of value hedge against corrupt sovereign currencies narrative.  It really doesn't have to do much.  Just a store of value and means of evading capital controls and restrictions is enough.  You're seeing traditional Financial Intuitions like Fidelity Investments and Ameritrade offering BTC as investments in their platforms but they won't touch XRP.   The sad thing is with all the utility Ripple is claiming for XRP, it's not being used for anything and that is why it's performing so badly.  It's 100% reliant on speculation but  people are not buying the hype of XRP providing utitlity for banks anymore since there has been no evidence of it.   

 

Edited by fatlever

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, fatlever said:

 

I think 2 1/2 years from the 2017 bullrun to now, a lot of people have seen nothing from Ripple but the price of XRP being buoyed by BTC phases.  In Q1 of 2017, the onset of the BTC bullrun woke XRP from its slumber, the Q4 BTC dump with people chasing profits into every shitcoin that pumped combined with Korean FOMO into XRP took prices to ATHs.  Then we had a brief phase after 2018 Swell where major banks using XRP was promised in 2018 and dozens of banks using XRP was predicted in 2019.  So far it's been nothing but hype followed by crickets from Ripple.  In the meantime, Libra has been launched by Facebook, Visa, MasterCard and a consortium of enterprises.  JPMorgan is launching it's own crypto with Jamie Dimon saying cryptocurrency companies are competitors who "want to eat our lunch."  So you have enterprises with much better suited platforms, connections, better technical integrations, expertise and  much deeper pockets who are looking to wipe out any headstart and advantage XRP had in the space.  

 

Unfortunately, XRPs competition is not BTC.  BTC is capturing the store of value hedge against corrupt sovereign currencies narrative.  It really doesn't have to do much.  Just a store of value and means of evading capital controls and restrictions is enough.  You're seeding traditional Financial Intuitions like Fidelity Investments and Ameritrade offering BTC as investments in their platforms but they won't touch XRP.   The sad thing is with all the utility Ripple is claiming for XRP, it's not being used for anything and that is why it's performing so badly.  It's 100% reliant on speculation but  people are not buying the hype of XRP providing utitlity for banks anymore since there has been no evidence of it.   

 

I do not disagree with you. First, XRP is an institutional product.   Anything that is peer to peer is a lot more valuable because of the sheer number of users.  If Libra takes off, there are potentially 2 billion users ready to do.  Credit Card guys know that and want to be in because they totally missed out on PayPal.    Second, the price of XRP is not tied to the success of Ripple, and It is apparent, so we cannot be mad that Ripple is "not working" . To me, the whole XRP coin is just trading in its own world outside of any ties to Ripple.  In fact, I think that the initial sales of XRP subsidized Ripple.   There is nothing wrong with diversifying into BTC.  We see that XRP moves only when BTC moves, and sadly not to the same degree.  I don't know where XRP would go, but diversification work for most portfolios.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, DannyRipple said:

Fuddy dutter(s) out in full force. Stack those chips 

This is what so scary about XRP price, that the market does not reward people like you.   Look around you, see what I mean? 

Edited by Spekul8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Spekul8 said:

This is what so scary about XRP price, that the market does not reward people like you.   Look around you, see what I mean? 

It has already, and continues to do so if you keep your ears to the ground and listen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/30/2019 at 10:15 PM, DannyRipple said:

It has already, and continues to do so if you keep your ears to the ground and listen

I've love to know how you've been rewarded for the past 18 months?  Keep your ears to the ground and listen?  We're not a tea leaf reading cult here.  We all follow the same news and announcements.  So far it's been nothing but hype and the only thing that moves the market has unfortunately been Bitcoin which doesn't instill a lot confidence in Ripple since the only reason XRP price is as high as it is/was is because of the Bitcoin bullrun.  

Edited by fatlever

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/1/2019 at 10:15 AM, DannyRipple said:

It has already, and continues to do so if you keep your ears to the ground and listen

You mean keep your head in the sand phrase? Ironic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, fatlever said:

I've love to know how you've been rewarded for the past 18 months?  Keep your ears to the ground and listen?  We're not a tea leaf reading cult here.  We all follow the same news and announcements.  So far it's been nothing but hype and the only thing that moves the market has unfortunately been Bitcoin which doesn't instill a lot confidence in Ripple since the only reason XRP price is as high as it is/was is because of the Bitcoin bullrun.  

I think you make the fallacious connection that if it does not move the market it is hype.  I think it is rather the other way round - the market is made up of a hyper emotional crowd psychosis with an immature fixation on price performance rather than events in the real world.  My reward over the last 18 months has been to build my position in XRP.  Negative equity really does not bother me much.  However I do enjoy the news of the progressive roll out of the XRP ecosystem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...