Jump to content
fatlever

Under 4000 Satoshi for the first time since 2017

Recommended Posts

I was laughing since we almost hit 4000 sat (historic low in recent two years) the wrong way that is, for BTC to drop so much bringing in line this level.  Then we saw alts follow big brother down breaking formation again.

Of course, we prefer to follow BTC upwards with XRP at a minimum of ~55c when BTC hit peak 13.8k recently.

Now BTC is back to 11.8k (XRP min 45-46c) vs 10.3k (XRP min 40c) during low point.  With XRP currently 41c and 39c during low point.

Once BTC levels out and the jitters are out, we will finally see a quick bounce back (if not already started) for BTC and hopefully XRP/altcoins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bookworm said:

Once BTC levels out and the jitters are out, we will finally see a quick bounce back (if not already started) for BTC and hopefully XRP/altcoins.

 

Bounce back?  XRP is 3,400 sats and still dropping.  My fear is that it's going to drop to the under 2,000 sats level it held for nearly 2 years before the 2017 BTC bullrun propelled the price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, xrpmeplease said:

lol, sticks and stones, buddy...you literally take opposing positions from one post to the next, and when asked about it, the name calling starts...i'll just take my negative IQ and leave you smarter folks to continue the discussion...peace dude, hope it works for you.

Really? I was the one who said FOS first? 

You asked whether decopupling will occur for XRP or not, and that is a predictive question which I dont know so I added some humor that was lost on you. 

When you trade you analyze the NOW and so far.  So far...XRP has never shown a life of it's own. This is going on 6 years. To sit and hope that XRP now will take it's own life is just hope.  As long as BTC is going up, so will XRP.   There could be a point when XRP catches up with BTC and even days it may have a larger gain, but the trend ig general relies on BTC.  

Trends do change, but I wait for the trend change not hoping it will change because the game of catching bottoms turns trading to gambling. 

XRP so far is stuck  a bit, but I think we need to see a 50 cents break to the upper 70's to see a real break and momentum. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/27/2019 at 9:50 AM, Spekul8 said:

Success of Ripple and XRP have ZERO correlation.  BTC moves everything. Always did, always will.  

All we can hope is the XRP will catch up to BTC movement. Sadly, right now its does not particpate in the gains but goes lower when BTC goes down.    I respect the frustration here, but I think that this forum also feeds into high emotional and stressful trading. 

You and I both made decent money in the last bull run.  This market action is "rhyming" with 2017.  People who are frustrated are impatient.  I was feeling impatient too in 2017, but kept buying and buying XRP because of the Escrow (that had yet to happen while I was buying).  We know what happened soon after.

XRP has typically held a 4500 to 6000 satoshi  value. It's been as low as 1700 and as high as nearly 20,000.  We're at about 3500 satoshis as I write.  History does rhyme, and it's been proven many times that money does eventually move from BTC to XRP (and other tokens).  Sure, it might not happen this time, but I highly doubt it won't happen.  XRP is a really good buy right now.  If people feel impatient, they really need to switch off from the market and do something else.  Of all times, this really is the time to be patient and let the market do its thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bookworm said:

I was laughing since we almost hit 4000 sat (historic low in recent two years) the wrong way that is, for BTC to drop so much bringing in line this level.  Then we saw alts follow big brother down breaking formation again.

Of course, we prefer to follow BTC upwards with XRP at a minimum of ~55c when BTC hit peak 13.8k recently.

Now BTC is back to 11.8k (XRP min 45-46c) vs 10.3k (XRP min 40c) during low point.  With XRP currently 41c and 39c during low point.

Once BTC levels out and the jitters are out, we will finally see a quick bounce back (if not already started) for BTC and hopefully XRP/altcoins.

I tend to use a baseline of 5000 sats as an "average" for XRP's value against BTC.  That means XRP "should" be around 59 to 60 cents now (just under $12K per bitcoin as I write).  In other words, XRP is an absolute steal right now...people should be vacuuming up XRPs with industrial machinery. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great that you also made a stash during the epic 2017-18 bull.  I bought in at 20c as top 1% holder starting 2H 2017 and sat on the fence waiting for the 15x.  Lucky to also cash up in Q1 before the epic fall.

This is my second time into XRP (likely top 0.5% holder) plus other cryptos (eg., BTC big bro) and again, buying on dips as before.  This time will be different as is often the case but ... the result will be the same ... eyeing early July for some positive news that may bring sats back aligned from current levels.  Rinse and repeat ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Spekul8 said:

Really? I was the one who said FOS first? 

You asked whether decopupling will occur for XRP or not, and that is a predictive question which I dont know so I added some humor that was lost on you. 

When you trade you analyze the NOW and so far.  So far...XRP has never shown a life of it's own. This is going on 6 years. To sit and hope that XRP now will take it's own life is just hope.  As long as BTC is going up, so will XRP.   There could be a point when XRP catches up with BTC and even days it may have a larger gain, but the trend ig general relies on BTC.  

Trends do change, but I wait for the trend change not hoping it will change because the game of catching bottoms turns trading to gambling. 

XRP so far is stuck  a bit, but I think we need to see a 50 cents break to the upper 70's to see a real break and momentum. 

 

I simply pointed out conflicting assertions and was met with sarcasm rather than a clarification...it wasn't lost on me, it just wasn't useful in the context and smelled of excrement...and imo, humour in the form sarcasm is usually well received when there is a certain degree of familiarity between the parties...good luck trading.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 10millionplus said:

Anyone still believe in this S H I T Coin? 

Ofcourse not, we're all converting to your beloved BTC, pall. Because that's the real future of utility... If you've got all day waiting for confirmation and like paying multiple dollars for each buy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Spekul8 said:

Really? I was the one who said FOS first? 

You asked whether decopupling will occur for XRP or not, and that is a predictive question which I dont know so I added some humor that was lost on you. 

When you trade you analyze the NOW and so far.  So far...XRP has never shown a life of it's own. This is going on 6 years. To sit and hope that XRP now will take it's own life is just hope.  As long as BTC is going up, so will XRP.   There could be a point when XRP catches up with BTC and even days it may have a larger gain, but the trend ig general relies on BTC.  

Trends do change, but I wait for the trend change not hoping it will change because the game of catching bottoms turns trading to gambling. 

XRP so far is stuck  a bit, but I think we need to see a 50 cents break to the upper 70's to see a real break and momentum. 

 

Look at BTC/XRP - XRP does have a life of its own at significant points in the past (May 2017, Dec 2017/Jan 2018, September 2018). 

Put in your sell limit orders on the way up and make money for the next one.  Mine are in place.

Edited by 2ndtimearound

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, 2ndtimearound said:

Look at BTC/XRP - XRP does have a life of its own at significant points in the past (May 2017, Dec 2017/Jan 2018, September 2018). 

Put in your sell limit orders on the way up and make money for the next one.  Mine are in place.

Do you have any in place at or under $10?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, XRPboi said:

Do you have any in place at or under $10?

I have sell orders from 50c upwards! I even managed to trigger a sell order when the price hit 50c on Bitstamp the other day.  Bought back in again. These sell orders are 1% of my stack.  I will place them in 5 cent intervals up to $1.  If the price goes up in a straight line, I make a good profit on 10% of my stack.  If it doesn't go up in a straight line, I get to accumulate some XRP.  After $1, I'll probably spread these out between 10 cents (sell at $1.10, sell at $1.20 etc), after $2, maybe 15 cents....and so on.  Even though I will likely be accumulating, I will still completely cash out a portion of my portfolio to balance the risk along the way - so perhaps at fixed price points I will simply not put in buy back orders at all - just cash out those 1% sells completely. 

I am balancing risk and reward here.  If I wait until $10, sure I get to make more money...but when will that happen? Also, I believe I'll be accumulating on the way up anyway....I may be holding the same number of XRP I hold now (via accumulation) when we get to $10, but I will have cashed out a decent amount on the way there.  The idea of waiting to $10 and doing zero sells along the way seems too "all or nothing" to me.  Ask anyone who sat on the sidelines in the last bull run.  Perfect is the enemy of good.

None of the above is day trading by the way - just putting sell orders in at fixed price points, and corresponding "buy back at lower price" 3 or 4 cents below each sell order with the USD I get for the initial sell (Bitstamp has a great feature to allow this). I don't need to look at any charts, and pullbacks aren't a disaster for me either....while I don't have to worry about when to take profits. 

Edited by 2ndtimearound

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally, I am very bullish about XRP. And I also hope to enjoy great times with XRP again - I am in since early 2014. However, it gets annoying to hear "moon tomorrow!" all the time. Yes, being under 4k Satoshis now is a valuable observation that some sudden correction of the XRP/BTC price can happen. But it's just a probable possibility not a law of nature. And it's a bit upsetting (though natural) to see some hopium addicts to attack others when their pinky dreams meet sound reasoning. How many observations one needs to build a robust statistical model? Many TA magicians here cook predictions based on incredibly weak evidence - often just one or two past observations that stir their fantasy. Reminds me of the following graph coming from the times after the 2008 crisis.

31346.png

Edited by Luinorn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Luinorn said:

Personally, I am very bullish about XRP. And I also hope to enjoy great times with XRP again - I am in since early 2014. However, it gets annoying to hear "moon tomorrow!" all the time. Yes, being under 4k Satoshis now is a valuable observation that some sudden correction of the XRP/BTC price can happen. But it's just a probable possibility not a law of nature. And it's a bit upsetting (though natural) to see some hopium addicts to attack others, when they break them their pinky dreams. How many observations one needs to build a robust statistical model? Many TA magicians here cook predictions based on incredibly weak evidence - offer just one or two past observations that stir their fantasy. Reminds me of the following graph coming from the times after the 2008 crisis.

31346.png

http---com_ft.imagepublish.upp-prod-us_s3.amazonaws.com-2e37e70a-4925-11e8-8ee8-cae73aab7ccb.png.f41b953e28a3e29cfd84120e6d3b05b4.png

Better times a head! However subjectively I don't see XRP move much past 50cents in 2019. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...