fatlever

Under 4000 Satoshi for the first time since 2017

1 minute ago, Spekul8 said:

I rather see XRP take its on indpedent life and then "move in". RIght now, is not the time.  

Fair enough.  Many will be aware of opportunity cost and wanting to ensure that at all times their funds are working as efficiently as possible.

But there is also a group, of which I am one, who couldn’t be bothered, or who don’t have the nouse,  to be actively managing their funds.  So folks like me look for underpriced fundamental value, buy into it and then wait and hope the market catches up.

Whatever floats your boat.

30 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

So folks like me look for underpriced fundamental value,

This assumes you have some priviliged knowledge, expertise in a specific field or first to have the information. 

There is NO WAY to manage capital but to actively watch at least on a Q basis. You drop losers fast, and accumulate winners.  Here people do the opposite, buy more XRP on the way down. That's one way to be go mental in trading. 

Edited by Spekul8

1 minute ago, Spekul8 said:

This assumes you have some priviliged knowledge, expertise in a specific field or first to have the information. 

There is NO WAY to manage capital but to actively watch at least on a Q basis. You drop losers fast, and accumulate winners.  Here people do the opposite, buy more XRP on the way down. That's one way to be go mental in trading. 

Yes you are correct...  I am making the assumption that I DO have special knowledge of XRP that the market seems to be unaware of as yet.  Of course I could be wrong, and go down as a broken bag holder because of it.  Or I could even be right,  but the market remains stubbornly irrational longer than I can hold.  So there’s lots of potential failure modes for my strategy.

But given that I have no desire or capacity to actively manage my funds in and out of the assets...  I’m kinda stuck on this course.  But I truly do not expect to ‘go mental’.  I will either win and rejoice,  or nothing will happen to my little bag and then it’s a case of “oh well, nothing ventured nothing gained”.

If I was a betting man I would back you rather than me to make more more money more faster...   but I know my limits and can do nothing other than what I am doing...   good luck to us both good sir.

10 hours ago, Spekul8 said:

Success of Ripple and XRP have ZERO correlation.  BTC moves everything. Always did, always will.  

All we can hope is the XRP will catch up to BTC movement. Sadly, right now its does not particpate in the gains but goes lower when BTC goes down.    I respect the frustration here, but I think that this forum also feeds into high emotional and stressful trading. 

1 hour ago, Spekul8 said:

The fallacy that most fall into is hope. I can tell you that from my breath of experience that when you rely on hope you will be dissapointed many times. Markets have the ability to reflect the future, and in the case of XRP it should reflect that, but it does not.  Look at Amazon that losy money for 10 years and the stock still kept going up.   The markets know about XRP, and they do not think much of it. 

Ripple is a great company, and they have a great mission for the banking community. But, the success of Ripple is not tranlsated to an isolated coin that is manipulated daily by algos of each exchange.   

The faith of XRP is tied to the overall sentiment of the markets, and for me to "hope" that this law willblow blown away is just as I said...hope.   Whether you were in ETH, LTC, or any otehr coin, it went the same % up and down with BTC.  

Markets laws are not absolute neitehr are my beliefs. But as oppose to many I am not concerned about timing and catching bottoms.  I rather see XRP take its on indpedent life and then "move in". RIght now, is not the time.  

so which is it? BTC will always move everything or XRP will (eventually) take on its own independent life?

The large pots of cauliflower are attracting the market proportionally across the Fibbonacci. The door, which is half full on the cryptos, can not completely halve the plate. This may mean, in reverse, that if courses do not re-clean properly, the descent continues with the cross bills. So good luck with xrp

Couple of points I want to make: 

1) BTC will always be the anchor. I think people should stop talking about decoupling. The more likely scenario is XRP going to $0 compared to XRP decoupling. There are too many BTC pairs, too many whales, psychological presence of BTC being the first crytpo, etc. Everyone should hold BTC. If XRP is going to be the global standard for friction less, ultra-liquid, asset for payments, bitcoin is the digital gold. Both can, and will, coexist. Just like LTC will be the digital silver.

2) My thoughts about the progression of BTC and alts: there are 100,000,0000 sats in 1 BTC: at some point in the future sats will be the global currency unit. If you think buying .1 BTC isn't a lot, it is. 0.1 BTC = 10,000,0000 sats. $1mil BTC is a very real possibility, so each sat is $0.01. 

3) Tying this back to XRP.... I used the market cap of gold as a minimum... BTC would surpass that in my opinion. Sky is the limit.

image.png.15c0896aac40a038a7b16b4dbca1fb1f.png

Long story short, HODL

48 minutes ago, jheff said:

1) BTC will always be the anchor. I think people should stop talking about decoupling. The more likely scenario is XRP going to $0 compared to XRP decoupling. There are too many BTC pairs, too many whales, psychological presence of BTC being the first crytpo, etc. Everyone should hold BTC. If XRP is going to be the global standard for friction less, ultra-liquid, asset for payments, bitcoin is the digital gold. Both can, and will, coexist. Just like LTC will be the digital silver.

I just can't see a future where BTC survives once crypto is more directly involved in real-world interactions. It has too many issues with performance, how it functions, what it's susceptible to, and how it can improve.

I completely agree with the points you made (pairing, largest investors, psychological aspects) since they are absolutely accurate and what I'd say is true to what is keeping BTC hoisted up. However, none of them beyond maybe pairing matters all that much in actual use cases. And, since BTC isn't focused on being a bridge crypto, I don't think the pairings even matter all that much once banks/exchanges keep expanding out their pair options.

BTC certainly won't drop off the charts anytime soon, but I believe it'll dwindle down and be slowly surpassed as the generally uninformed person starts seeing news or appearances of these other crypto options (and they stop referring to all crypto as "bitcoin").

1 hour ago, jheff said:

Couple of points I want to make: 

2) My thoughts about the progression of BTC and alts: there are 100,000,0000 sats in 1 BTC: at some point in the future sats will be the global currency unit. If you think buying .1 BTC isn't a lot, it is. 0.1 BTC = 10,000,0000 sats. $1mil BTC is a very real possibility, so each sat is $0.01. 

3) Tying this back to XRP.... I used the market cap of gold as a minimum... BTC would surpass that in my opinion. Sky is the limit.

image.png.15c0896aac40a038a7b16b4dbca1fb1f.png

Long story short, HODL

B98785DB-9E32-4B94-8BE5-498D22D97EDF.jpeg.78657306f5f6b5a1e432010962e9333f.jpeg

8 hours ago, xrpmeplease said:

yeah, about what i thought...FoS

Sorry I could not find a solution to your negative IQ questions.    

Edited by Spekul8

6 hours ago, Spekul8 said:

Sorry I could not find a solution to your negative IQ questions.    

lol, sticks and stones, buddy...you literally take opposing positions from one post to the next, and when asked about it, the name calling starts...i'll just take my negative IQ and leave you smarter folks to continue the discussion...peace dude, hope it works for you.