fatlever

Under 4000 Satoshi for the first time since 2017

I am feeling like the fiat gains are being buoyed by the rise of Bitcoin and not by anything positive happening with XRP adoption, usage, use cases, etc.  And my XRP stack is getting smaller and looking with envy at my BTC stack getting fatter.  I am taking more risk holding XRP and getting less returns.  That is not how this is supposed to work.  

4 hours ago, fatlever said:

I am feeling like the fiat gains are being buoyed by the rise of Bitcoin and not by anything positive happening with XRP adoption, usage, use cases, etc.  And my XRP stack is getting smaller and looking with envy at my BTC stack getting fatter.  I am taking more risk holding XRP and getting less returns.  That is not how this is supposed to work.  

It is BS, the whole market is.

I have kind of given up trying to analyse it.

There were quite a few posts on twitter yesterday by various users on various exchanges sending screen shots with over 1million usd sell orders ? HUGE sell walls where whenever XRP moved upward (by 0.0xxx). It's pathetic really. The manipulation of XRP is horrendous.

Yes the technology and news is good, but what is the point of buying XRP if not to have some gains in the magnitude of the rest of the market ?

I got denounced earlier this year when I kept predicting EoY 0.43 USD by others in here who do not see what is happening before their very own eyes. They are emotional investors IMO.

Thats not to say I have sold all, but have sold most of XRP and moved in BTC. That is just my prerogative - some here will be far far wealthier than me so have the depth and stomach to wilfully watch day after day, week after week, month after month when XRP moves a minuscule 0.01 or 0.02 here and there and be content.

Edited by mariusthegreat
Removed offensive term

1 hour ago, mariusthegreat said:

There were quite a few posts on twitter yesterday by various users on various exchanges sending screen shots with over 1million usd sell orders ? HUGE sell walls where whenever XRP moved upward (by 0.0xxx). It's pathetic really. The manipulation of XRP is horrendous.

Yes the technology and news is good, but what is the point of buying XRP if not to have some gains in the magnitude of the rest of the market ?

I got denounced earlier this year when I kept predicting EoY 0.43 USD by others in here who do not see what is happening before their very own eyes. They are emotional investors IMO.

Thats not to say I have sold all, but have sold most of XRP and moved in BTC. That is just my prerogative - some here will be far far wealthier than me so have the depth and stomach to wilfully watch day after day, week after week, month after month when XRP moves a minuscule 0.01 or 0.02 here and there and be content.

Good post Marius. 

3 hours ago, mariusthegreat said:

While I’m not an expert, it stands to reason that at some point the walls will be breached. Perhaps this is an explanation for the earlier observation about XRP’s violent movement: all crypto is manipulated but some more than others. I’m just wondering whether certain principles of physics (all actions bringing on proportionate reactions) mean that at some point even the whales’ capacity to manipulate is met with the same force coming the other way by an ever-growing volume in the ecosystem. 

Last bull run saw XRP under 2k sats before it jumped to something like 20k sats. (of course no guarantee the same will happen)

If you're not happy with XRP's performance so far, sell and move on. Or hold, kick back and enjoy the ride.

Progress which has been made this year is incredible, and i'm more confident than ever that XRP - and my other alts - will surge in the near future.

9 hours ago, Ramforinkas said:

Progress which has been made this year is incredible

Success of Ripple and XRP have ZERO correlation.  BTC moves everything. Always did, always will.  

All we can hope is the XRP will catch up to BTC movement. Sadly, right now its does not particpate in the gains but goes lower when BTC goes down.    I respect the frustration here, but I think that this forum also feeds into high emotional and stressful trading. 

While I’m not an expert, it stands to reason that at some point the walls will be breached. Perhaps this is an explanation for the earlier observation about XRP’s violent movement: all crypto is manipulated but some more than others. I’m just wondering whether certain principles of physics (all actions bringing on proportionate reactions) mean that at some point even the whales’ capacity to manipulate is met with the same force coming the other way by an ever-growing volume in the ecosystem. 

This seems like gamblers fallacy to me

1 hour ago, Spekul8 said:

Success of Ripple and XRP have ZERO correlation.  BTC moves everything. Always did, always will.  

Perhaps true today.  But don’t fall for the fallacy that everything tommorow will always be the same as today.  

Unless you think Ripple are deluded,  their stated goal is to ‘make a dent in the universe’.   If they succeed or even partially succeed in that,  then your absolute ‘law’ will be blown away.  

17 minutes ago, whiteout said:

This seems like gamblers fallacy to me

Absolutely if the brute laws of probability are substituted or supplemented in the gambler’s mind by imaginary forces (eg God is on my side). But it seems the forces pushing back against the ‘wall’ n this case is given by real things. In which case it becomes a matter of time. 

Attractive around 3500 satoshi.  Then again, think what whether you’d like to be the head (BTC) or tail (altcoins) that is often the case with ... the tail wagging the dog or decoupling once XRP breaks out of formation with utility, BIG news, etc ...

Moneygram will be the game changer once up and running and strangely, MGI is up to $3.05 (still shy of $4.1 paid by Ripple though) in extended trading hmmm ... Swell conference is near and maybe we may see something earth shattering from Apple, Google. Microsoft or Amazon ...

9A01836B-F75E-4F95-A0CE-653CD3546D30.png

7 hours ago, Tinyaccount said:

Perhaps true today.  But don’t fall for the fallacy that everything tommorow will always be the same as today.  

Unless you think Ripple are deluded,  their stated goal is to ‘make a dent in the universe’.   If they succeed or even partially succeed in that,  then your absolute ‘law’ will be blown away.  

The fallacy that most fall into is hope. I can tell you that from my breath of experience that when you rely on hope you will be dissapointed many times. Markets have the ability to reflect the future, and in the case of XRP it should reflect that, but it does not.  Look at Amazon that losy money for 10 years and the stock still kept going up.   The markets know about XRP, and they do not think much of it. 

Ripple is a great company, and they have a great mission for the banking community. But, the success of Ripple is not tranlsated to an isolated coin that is manipulated daily by algos of each exchange.   

The faith of XRP is tied to the overall sentiment of the markets, and for me to "hope" that this law willblow blown away is just as I said...hope.   Whether you were in ETH, LTC, or any otehr coin, it went the same % up and down with BTC.  

Markets laws are not absolute neitehr are my beliefs. But as oppose to many I am not concerned about timing and catching bottoms.  I rather see XRP take its on indpedent life and then "move in". RIght now, is not the time.