Sign in to follow this  
LeonidasH

David Schwartz at Future of Fintech video

51 minutes ago, codex said:

Great talk. One of the best I've heard in terms of succinctly explaining Ripple's strategy.

Yes I think it’s every question you are debated here.  Great succinct set of answers.  

All the moaning about his tweets...   guys,  watch this and see the writing on the wall.  

In fact I’ll go further...   in David and the responses to his statements,  you see what happens when an intelligent honest man gives nuanced answers to complex questions.  

Well what does happen?  

Generally it seems the nuances are lost, and suspicious people who are used to sound bites and self serving liars,  read all sorts of inaccurate inferences into his words.  

Its almost like folks are unable to comprehend honesty and complexity.  

I will be surprised if I don’t see another round of fudsters and worry worts panicking at some sound bite from the video.  

In reality it’s a clear exposition of the current situation with no punches pulled.  If it does worry you then maybe pick a safer investment area...    :)

Very good interview. Many interesting points from straight-shooting DS, but I just want to pick out a couple of disappointing aspects: He seemed to imply that the SEC is moving the goalposts as regards the security issue and sounded less than 100% certain about the status of XRP. And he said that the court case which may lead to regulatory clarity is going to take "a couple of years".

Nevertheless, the interview was extremely positive overall.

Wow that’s so good.

Streaming micro payments are already happening, just need to grow them. Over the next few years this will likely grow exponentially IMO and with it, the values that flow as well.

Love how DS explains the many challenges they encountered and overcame. His ability to respond fluidly to questions and roll at a great clip to impart a lot of answers clearly in such a short time is amazing. And the fact that he’s willing to play that game at the end is classic. :)