I’m out

30 minutes ago, lucid99 said:

I think the annoying thing is that fundamentals don’t seem to move price right now. Speculation and FOMO does. So if you’re long XRP the current price action is irrelevant.

Agreed. And the fundamentals didn't really move price in 2017, either. I just think that Ripple's and XRP's odds of relative success have only increased since then.

In the meantime, we have a special guest waiting backstage to greet us. But first, let's go to a (hopefully short) commercial break.

50 Cent.png

Edited by GoldenGoose
Here he is! (but he had to leave us again, due to a diarrhea attack)

8 minutes ago, GoldenGoose said:

Agreed. And the fundamentals didn't really move price in 2017, either. I just think that Ripple's and XRP's odds of relative success have only increased since then.

In the meantime, we have a special guest waiting backstage to greet us. But first, let's go to a (hopefully short) commercial break.

50 Cent.png

After brexit we are calling him 5 pence here in the UK. 

Imagine if we all look back on this someday and realize that it was Capone's "I'm Out" post which got this party started - Hahahahaha. I'm generally not one to make fun of another's weakness, however, when they attempt to spread their fear to others, whether intentional or not, I couldn't give two cents about how they fare. There's just too much good progress being made with both Ripple and XRP to have jumped ship now. I suspect Capone is a FUD rat, so best be done with him and his like.

13 hours ago, Capone said:

I am curious why Brad does keep promoting BTC. Take for example the recent Fortune interview. Brad early on basically states the only use case for BTC was silk road.  However, he then later goes on, as he often does in these interviews, to reaffirm that he's long on BTC and holds it. 

Now holding BTC in itself isn't unusual, I'm sure many of the members here have some quantity of BTC in addition to their XRP. What I find unusual is that he always brings it up. CEO public interviews, like politicians, always drive the conversation to strategic talking points.  Clearly holding BTC is one of his talking points.

The only thing that I can conclude is that this talking point is meant specifically for the SEC and is intended to further separate XRP the asset from Ripple the company by showing that the CEO is diversified and not just all in on XRP. 

Is there any other reason for him to keep promoting BTC like he does?

3 minutes ago, Zerpple said:

I am curious why Brad does keep promoting BTC. Take for example the recent Fortune interview. Brad early on basically states the only use case for BTC was silk road.  However, he then later goes on, as he often does in these interviews, to reaffirm that he's long on BTC and holds it. 

Now holding BTC in itself isn't unusual, I'm sure many of the members here have some quantity of BTC in addition to their XRP. What I find unusual is that he always brings it up. CEO public interviews, like politicians, always drive the conversation to strategic talking points.  Clearly holding BTC is one of his talking points.

The only thing that I can conclude is that this talking point is meant specifically for the SEC and is intended to further separate XRP the asset from Ripple the company by showing that the CEO is diversified and not just all in on XRP. 

It seems that Brad often says he’s long BTC in the CONTEXT of an interview when the entire crypto space is being discussed.  It’s kind of in the context of “a rising tide lifts all boats.”  So it seems to be a way to say that not only one coin will succeed, and then also he points out the distinct and unique utility of XRP versus BTC as a store of value, and coin that is most well known by the masses.  It’s a very strategic statement IMO.  

1 hour ago, Zerpple said:

It’s a total non-issue... he mentions BTC in context to show he’s mature enough to recognise the potential of other projects. He doesn’t evangelise BTC at all.