Sign in to follow this  
VanHasen

Brad Garlinghouse talks about libra and moneygram at @FortuneMagazine’s #BrainstormFinance

OMFG - I love the way Brad is publicly turning on the heat in a subtle way... 

Hey instead of looking nervous I'm gonna be a total dude about this whole thing!! Regardless of whether it is the best month for ripple what an excellent way to spin this news 

2 minutes ago, Xrpdude said:

OMFG - I love the way Brad is publicly turning on the heat in a subtle way... 

Hey instead of looking nervous I'm gonna be a total dude about this whole thing!! Regardless of whether it is the best month for ripple what an excellent way to spin this news 

this is why competition is so important -- there is now a new big enemy in the game what puts massive pressure on banks and fi's to move fast -- ripple positioned themselves perfectly to provide them what they need to stay competitive

ironically, this facebook-libra-coin craze could kickstart a wave of adoption for ripple and xrp!

"Banks? Where we're going we don't need banks." - BG

Soon no one will care which bank Ripple has partnered with. Those partnerships mattered because of fiat on ramps. Fiat is going to pour into the crypto space with the upcoming stablecoin boom. Then all anyone will talk about is how many base pairs/exchanges XRP is trading on.

7 minutes ago, getitdone said:

This is by far best news for Ripple yet, I expect some insight news about this from ripple. That’s huge 

well i honestly have to agree

the facebook announcement legitimates blockchain and crypto on a very high scale - my only concern about libra is that it could damage regulations on the overall crypto space -- just to stop facebooks plans

but besides that, libra is maybe the "best" competition ripple could ever get to speed up adoption compared to IBM WW or any other kind of "copy-cat"

12 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

I hope institutional investors see it the same way commenters on this thread see it.

Institutional investors aren't hopping in util there is clear regulation and reliable financial tools to offset risk. The upcoming FOMO land-grab for stablecoins is the next big wave of money/fiat flowing into the IoV.

2 minutes ago, EXARRPEE said:

Institutional investors aren't hopping in util there is clear regulation and reliable financial tools to offset risk. The upcoming FOMO land-grab for stablecoins is the next big wave of money/fiat flowing into the IoV.

Oh i didnt know you were an institutional investor, nice to know we have ones take on the current events and future adoption time-frame.

4 minutes ago, EXARRPEE said:

The upcoming FOMO land-grab for stablecoins is the next big wave of money/fiat flowing into the IoV.

that would be awesome for xrp's usecase as swap/bridge currency

the more stablecoins the better -- let them come ;)