DreXRP

MoneyGram CEO Alex Holmes about partnership with Ripple

2 minutes ago, DreXRP said:

Brad has said several times that xrp was designed not for investors but for institutional use. With an xRapid payment, it does not matter what the price is. $ 100 to be transferred remains $ 100, whether xrp is worth 42 cents or $ 589. From a global point of view, a high price makes more sense, and we've always heard that from Ripple.

Genuine question here and not trying to start a fight- if that's the case, why is it available to retail investors at all then? Why not just sell it OTC to institutions and then let them determine what it's worth?

10 minutes ago, wrongbenson said:

So are you guys saying that if XRP doesn't hit $5 or $10 or $100 or whatever, or worse - if it stays at current price or even falls, then XRP would never be viable for cross-border payments? 

Are you saying that this MoneyGram venture is going to fail if XRP stays at current prices?  This is pretty concerning to me - that the success of Ripple's products is reliant on a high XRP price.

Think otherwise, Ripples success does not depend on the price of xrp, but the other way round. If Ripple succeeds in enforcing its system, then naturally there is a high demand for xrp, which causes the price to rise as a result of various factors, such as:

1. demand

2. Market Maker

3. Bob's algorithm

4. Arbitranger

5. Jefferson Paradox

6. Other usecases

The system around xrp is manufactured with a vengeance, with moneygram they now have it in their own hands to let volume rise.

Edited by DreXRP

9 minutes ago, wrongbenson said:

Are you saying that this MoneyGram venture is going to fail if XRP stays at current prices?  This is pretty concerning to me - that the success of Ripple's products is reliant on a high XRP price.

For me it's reassuring in fact.

5 minutes ago, googie said:

Genuine question here and not trying to start a fight- if that's the case, why is it available to retail investors at all then? Why not just sell it OTC to institutions and then let them determine what it's worth?

The question I cannot answer certainty and only suspect. The idea of xRapid was born about 2 years ago. that's how I understood it from Bob's interview with Alex K. Listed is the RippleCoin (xrp) ;-) already much longer on exchanges. Ripple originally intended to have banks using xrp directly. Banks thought that was great, except the regulators, so xRapid was born.

27 minutes ago, googie said:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that you need it to be on open market to move between fiat currencies without the need for the nostro/vostro. Without an established market for XRP/USD and XRP/MXN I don't think you can send money from USA to Mexico since it's basically buying XRP with your USD and then selling that XRP for MXN, and that happens in a matter of 3 seconds or so.

Edited by wrongbenson

8 hours ago, DreXRP said:

"I  agree, a lot of those guys are doing what we did a year and a half ago , in pilot mode and testing xrp, but we’re about to do is move this forward in a very large way."

Well, the market doesn't believe him. And who can blame it? Ripple have been crying wolf over 'actual use' for years.

3 hours ago, googie said:

That´s in fact very interesting question. Sometimes I think about this scary scenario - once in the future when xrp become reserve currency and will be used by central banks - retail investors will be forced to sell and xrp can be used only by FIs. A bit Orwell´s scenario, I know :JC_thinking:

53 minutes ago, Spartaksus said:

That´s in fact very interesting question. Sometimes I think about this scary scenario - once in the future when xrp become reserve currency and will be used by central banks - retail investors will be forced to sell and xrp can be used only by FIs. A bit Orwell´s scenario, I know :JC_thinking:

LOL this will happen naturally, XRP holders themselves will probably sell 90% around 10$ for sure.

Wont even get to see the true moon of xrp in the $1000's.

I plan to be around when the FI's pump the price themselves to fill liquidity needs while simultaneously hodl'ing

4 minutes ago, Finesse said:

LOL this will happen naturally, XRP holders themselves will probably sell 90% around 10$ for sure.

Wont even get to see the true moon of xrp in the $1000's.

I plan to be around when the FI's pump the price themselves to fill liquidity needs while simultaneously hodl'ing

some people just don't want to wait for xrp to hit $1000 vs $10. this is why i bought a crap load at these low levels so i can cash out early at $5-10 and be able to retire.

15 minutes ago, invest2lose said:

some people just don't want to wait for xrp to hit $1000 vs $10. this is why i bought a crap load at these low levels so i can cash out early at $5-10 and be able to retire.

I just dont understand this logic, there may come a day when you dont ever sell your xrps because they are more liquid and not deflationary but inflationary.

Like why would you not want more money and to have an even BETTER retirement.

This is all just the beginning of ground breaking technology that will be here for a long long time.

55 minutes ago, Finesse said:

I just dont understand this logic, there may come a day when you dont ever sell your xrps because they are more liquid and not deflationary but inflationary.

Like why would you not want more money and to have an even BETTER retirement.

This is all just the beginning of ground breaking technology that will be here for a long long time.

because xrp is still a risky asset and if i can guarantee a nice retirement + home, why not? having $5m vs $20m+ makes no difference to me. i will keep 10% sure, for the $100+ moon. and i would like to enjoy my gains while i'm young and able to walk and travel.

Lets say you have 50k xrps for example since you said you bought a **** load. @ $1000 a piece that's $50 million, if you sold at $10 that's $500k

I divided 5 million based off 10$ a piece and came up with 500k XRP if thats really what you have, first of all let me hold some lol.

Second of all if you sold 500k xrp for a thousand thats $500 million compared to 5 million. 

Me personally i would hold, and this will all move a lot faster than we think, ignore the people saying this will take years to reach $1000's they are estimating firstly out of their ass and secondly based off stock market principles which doesnt apply to cryptos especially cryptos with global use case.

yeah $500m is nice, but after a certain amount, i don't need that much money. if i had that much, i would just donate most of it to charity. my plan was to buy low at these levels so i can cash out early to quit my job and enjoy life. i'm not looking to hold for 10+ years. you assume xrp can hit $1000, what's your conservative timeline for it to reach that price?

Remember long term capital gains for over 500k investments are 20% so you're giving a million to the gov and taking 4.

To be honest i said those guys are talking out their ass saying it will take 10 years so i dont want to repeat their mistakes. 

But since you asked i planned originally for 3-5 years and on year 2 im pleasantly surprised with the progress and confirmations of the use case.

This could go up really quick and begin to rise exponentially the more FI's and market makers buy and hold XRP.

This is a trillion dollar problem that is being solved with only 100 billion xrp i truly think once bank A buys 10 billion and Bank B buys 5 billion and market maker A buys 3 billion etc this could get scary in a good way in about 2-3 more years.

Remember xrapid went Live in 2018 so even though its year 2 for me its year 1 for xrapid.

Also its year 1 for xcurrent having access to xrp with over 200 companies on xcurrent.

Edited by Finesse