Libra VS XRP

23 minutes ago, MisterRipple said:

@nikb you're damn right, I'm hearing Brad speaking from A to Z... 

It's painful to hear.. It's a steel right away!

I heard " Cross boarder payments" , "Internet of Value - IoV",  "unbanked" and "Days to clear", "High Cost" , "Move Value".

He has studied Brad G. and the Ripple pitch.

41 minutes ago, MisterRipple said:

@nikb you're damn right, I'm hearing Brad speaking from A to Z... 

It's painful to hear.. It's a steel right away!

it looks like a duck, it waddles like a duck, it quacks like a duck but when you ask it to lay eggs its infertile.  This is correspondence banking dressed up as a bridge asset. Yes they will fool a lot of people into thinking they are like Ripple, but they are not.  Yes they will serve a purpose, but in the end they will eliminate BTC not XRP.  I agree all mimics reduce the size of the pie.

I remember claiming a year ago that it was naive to think serious competition wouldn’t enter this space. I was ridiculed and labeled a FUDsternas it couldn’t possibly happen to “the chosen one”. Well, I’ve been proved right over and over on here. 

13 minutes ago, ringer2 said:

I remember claiming a year ago that it was naive to think serious competition wouldn’t enter this space. I was ridiculed and labeled a FUDsternas it couldn’t possibly happen to “the chosen one”. Well, I’ve been proved right over and over on here. 

oh no, time to sell my xrp's. competition is here to eat ripple's lunch.

7 hours ago, lucky said:

A single for-profit company that has access to your full identity, your interests, your social network, your entire personality basically, by scanning what and how you swipe through the content that has been fed to you through your personal brainwash device (a.k.a. smartphone), now also gets access to your wallet, and your entire purchase history. It can not only make you want something, it can let you buy it with a click. The self learning algorithms will make sure you want it, and will make you click.

Are we / governments just going to let our transformation into brainwashed swiping zombies that are fed and milked like cows by the server farms of Facebook happen? I don't think so.

I agree with the sentiment. But......to play devil's advocate, when you buy XRP, don't you usually need to supply copious amounts of personal data to often skeezy exchanges?

48 minutes ago, ringer2 said:

I think if you're going to pat yourself on the back for being prophetic then you should be obligated to prove your prediction is actually true. How is Libra serious competition to Ripple?

6 hours ago, T800 said:

Facebook’s cryptocurrency Libra decried by French finance minister, saying it ‘must not happen’

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/facebook-cryptocurrency-libra-decried-french-133433186.html

I think this is a good thing that Facebook is causing the stir in the mud. Ripple is trying to change the existing banking system for a long time, that's why you see Ripple's executive has been the board members in almost any global monetary organisation. Ripple is doing it in a very soft way, they try to be a "friend" of banks. Facebook is doing it the hard way, they are trying to replace banks/central banks. For those of us who want progress, I want to give a kiss to Facebook to kick all the old butt in the banking industry that has been stagnant for so long. It's time to get out of your comfort zone and embrace the new technology!!!