Blockchain company Ripple invests in MoneyGram to power cross-border payments, shares explode higher

mistatee2000

4 minutes ago, princesultan said:

Is it possible that this can be interpreted as ripple being so desperate for xrapid traction that they were willing to pay 3 times the current MoneyGram share price to get it?

Bitcon Maximalists will use this for sure

11 minutes ago, princesultan said:

Is it possible that this can be interpreted as ripple being so desperate for xrapid traction that they were willing to pay 3 times the current MoneyGram share price to get it?

What planet are you living on to write such a silly comment?  2019 is already turning out to be a golden year for Ripplenet and XRapid which is being rolled out and growing every month.  Ripple are working with 50 central banks, the IMF, SBI, R3 ,Temenos, Amex and probably Visa and a lot more companies under NDAs.  Now they have a very close partnership with Moneygram and Walmart

30 million is peanuts to Ripple and the potential to speed up adoption through helping Moneygram is obviously 

Edited by Julian_Williams

4 hours ago, Chris_Reeves said:

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3471902-moneygram-plus-53-percent-partnering-ripple

For more information regarding this investment/partnership

- MoneyGram International (NASDAQ:MGI) skyrockets after announcing a strategic agreement with Ripple (XRP-USD).

- MoneyGram says the two-year partnership supports the companies' shared goal of improving the settlement of cross-border payments by increasing efficiency and reducing cost through RippleNet.

- Ripple will become MoneyGram's key partner for cross-border settlement using digital assets. As part of this partnership, Ripple has made an initial investment of $30M in MoneyGram equity, made up of common stock and a warrant to purchase common stock. Ripple purchased the newly-issued common stock from MoneyGram at $4.10 per share.

- MGI +52% after hours to $2.22.

Thank you escrow sales!

32 minutes ago, EXARRPEE said:

Thank you escrow sales! 

You got it.

One day they will be spending 10X or even 100X this dollar amount to corner market share and expand horizons in both crypto and traditional markets. They need to convert capital reserves into income generating assets.

Just like the rest of us. :)

1 hour ago, princesultan said:

They have a war chest...  they can spend it strategically to move xrp forward.  Are you against that?

Oh...   and...   btw they will likely be green on their shares in short order.

And if you are correct,  and it’s actually showing how keen Ripple are to push XRapid adoption,  then I am very happy to hear that too...   even though I already knew it.   It’s just nice to have clear examples to show the next dingus who claims Ripple don’t care about XRP.

In many ways I feel as if this is a risky/gutsy move by Ripple if you ask me. By having ownership/equity in MoneyGram, (no matter how little), they have essentially tethered themselves to MoneyGram's fate so to speak. It's no secret that MoneyGram has been having some funding/financing issues of late. If they go belly-up one can just imagine what the naysayers will say, "Ripple's tech and xRapid fail to prevent MoneyGram from going bankrupt!!" "Ripple, rips the life from MoneyGram!!" It will be brutal!!. However, if they succeed in helping to bring MoneyGram back into positive cash-flows it will be a resounding victory and validation for Ripple, RippleNet, and xRapid. This is what it's all about though, laying it all on the line. They've spent almost 10 years building, testing, and trialing the various solutions that makeup RippleNet (xCurrent, xVia, and xRapid). It's a put the hell up or shut the hell up moment for Ripple. I think that there's more to this story between Ripple and MoneyGram. I feel like there will be some new developments/partnerships for MoneyGram form Asia-Pacific (i.e. China and Japan). I mentioned in a previous post how Ant Financial had previously tried to purchase MoneyGram, but due to a conflict of interest the potential merger/buyout was denied by the Federal Govt.  I'm both excited and nervous at the same time!! :dance4: :clapping: :unsure:

Edited by King34Maine

I posted the below quoted statement on 6/5 in the thread where everyone was calling the guy from twitter a wacko for suggesting this.  I mean he wasn't spot on  but he was well in the ballpark with this one.  Would that said I am willing to bet the farm XRP not being a security is pretty much a done deal that only the insiders know about at this time

"If the word coming down that XRP is not a security is official(hint some insider news) then I could see something like this occurring not saying it's true but Ripple and XRP are not the same and it seems we keep intermixing the two.  Ripple is a company which goal is to make a profit and if purchasing MG and utilizing XRP plays into that guess what??? I keep seeing the post on why they would not buy MG but why the hell would they not given the opportunity and knowing the course they can provide the company.  MG is ripe for the taking right now!!!! Again I will believe it when I see it but it's not that far fetched.  This move would also show that Ripple is serious and believes in their product so they are willing to do what it takes to put it out there and prove to the industry that it is what they say it is call it serving notice!!"

2 hours ago, princesultan said:

ant financial offered 18 dollars per share.... before the US rejected it.....

• karlos unpinned this topic