Jump to content
mistatee2000

Blockchain company Ripple invests in MoneyGram to power cross-border payments, shares explode higher

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, GiddyUp said:

Now I'm wondering if Ripple plans to buy in to any more business entities? They could be ready to take a stake in any number of other enterprises, yes? 

 

 

Difficult to say, but judging by the number of official positions on the Ripple website, in Xpring today, you just never know:

XPRING

Director of Developer Marketing, Xpring

New Grad SDK & Tools Engineer, Xpring

New Grad Service Engineer, Xpring

Operations Associate, Xpring

Senior Partner Engineer, Xpring (New York, NY)

Staff Rust Engineer, Xpring

Staff SDK & Tools Engineer, Xpring

Xpring Community Advocate

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, GiddyUp said:

They could be ready to take a stake in any number of other enterprises, yes? 

Tomorrow we could find out a lot more about the Facebook coin. I believe their white paper is due to be published. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mistatee2000 said:

Take this for what it is on face value from the guy who originally broke the news

 

so i guess he's legit? why was he accused of being a scammer before?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, invest2lose said:

so i guess he's legit? why was he accused of being a scammer before?

Guess that it all sounded too good to be true with possible downsides as it was looking like a total takeover, which is not the case. Still a good call all the same

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GiddyUp said:

Now I'm wondering if Ripple plans to buy in to any more business entities? They could be ready to take a stake in any number of other enterprises, yes? 

 

 

I don't see why not. While we've seen so many blockchain-related entities/companies having to downsizespin-off, and self-deprecate during the 2018/19 Crypto-Winter, Ripple has been running on nitro going through a hiring binge as they seek further expansion of the company. This underscores a company that has a big balance sheet, is cash-flow positive, and has healthy sales growth quarter after quarter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

So - does this announcement also serve as a definitive proof that xrp is NOT a security?

Ripple invested in a publicly traded company on a pretext of that company leveraging xRapid/xrp in production.  It seems highly likely that this move might have ran into regulatory objections if xrp was in fact an unregistered security.   Based on the fact that this went through, can we safely kill two birds with once stone here and conclude that once and for all that xrp is not a security?

Edited by automatic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, automatic said:

So - does this announcement also serve as a definitive proof that xrp is NOT a security?

Ripple invested in a publicly traded company on a pretext of that company leveraging xRapid/xrp in production.  It seems highly likely that this move might have ran into regulatory objections if xrp was in fact an unregistered security.   Based on the fact that this went through, can we safely kill two birds with once stone here and conclude that once and for all that xrp is not a security?

Remember that the SEC were going to be issuing No-Action Letters for cryptocurrencies. I'm wondering if Ripple has been given the "Thumbs Up" and we (public) just aren't aware of the decision yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, King34Maine said:

Remember that the SEC were going to be issuing No-Action Letters for cryptocurrencies. I'm wondering if Ripple has been given the "Thumbs Up" and we (public) just aren't aware of the decision yet. 

Yeah, I remember.  Just wanted to pose the question to see if my logic passes the test with our resident legal members and similar subject matter experts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...