FreedomGundam

BTC is hitting $9300

8 hours ago, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

It’s a balance between demand and supply in a crazy manipulated market. Anybody claiming to know exactly why is talking BS. 

So here I go, lol:

- BTC down, alts down

- BTC climbing, alts down

- BTC stable after climbing, alts up

Lol, love it

41 minutes ago, xrp_is_love_xrp_is_life said:

Whales are trying to make people fomo and jump into btc thinking it's the new huge moment. New bagholders will be born soon. 

Galgitron: Weekend at Bitcoins springs to mind

44 minutes ago, xrp_is_love_xrp_is_life said:

Whales are trying to make people fomo and jump into btc thinking it's the new huge moment. New bagholders will be born soon. 

Not sure HOW soon though.

I'm personally not opposed to making money off a questionable asset in an irrational market. One has to temper one's attachment to fundamentals occasionally, no matter how well-founded. Or watch others make money over the short term while your investment stagnates.

I wouldn't argue at all with your basic premise, although the kind of problems Galgitron warns about (100% true in my view) are not necessarily just automatically going to happen, and especially over the course of this one market cycle. They could, but I give it a low probability. And the idea that all the whales are off-loading  BTC doesn't hold up under scrutiny. They sell and buy back, for the most part. I think the evidence supports that, although I don't have a handy link to prove it. That's what I've read in more than one source

I don't own any BTC, at this moment, and I only buy it to trade for alts I want to own. I used to have to do that to buy XRP. Glad that's not necessary now, but for some coins it's unavoidable.

But I do buy coins that are early movers in this bull. It's about the timing and the opportunity. I'm not trying to **** off any XRP hodlrs. I'm probably hodling as much XRP as most people here. My motivation in posting is just to see us all make money.by making profitable decisions. (Especially me of course, lol.)

Posted (edited)

Huge whale money is being made and lost on these moves, I'll bet. One million dollars (probably a small stake for a whale) makes or loses you a million dollars on every $1 move. And Bitcoin shifted up and down by what, like $300 - $600 dollars in the past week? Crazy money ;)

Edited by GiddyUp
add

6 hours ago, GiddyUp said:

Huge whale money is being made and lost on these moves, I'll bet. One million dollars (probably a small stake for a whale) makes or loses you a million dollars on every $1 move. And Bitcoin shifted up and down by what, like $300 - $600 dollars in the past week? Crazy money ;)

Maybe you're joking, and I missed an earlier discussion or something. Back when BTC was $1, your statement would have been true. If you buy a million dollars of it at $9,000 apiece (approximately 111 BTC), you make or lose a million dollars with every $9,000 move up or down. For every $1 move, you would have about $111.00 in unrealized gains/losses until you sell some/all of it. Put another way, Bilbo Baggins would have eleventy-one dollars at stake with each $1 move up or down.

21 hours ago, FreedomGundam said:

BTC is hitting $9300, where is XRP?

I remember back when BTC plunge to $3k and XRP going down to 30c also.

But, why BTC is climbing $9.3k, XRP stays in 40c?

Any idea?

There is an oversupply of XRP, namely sales from Ripple itself and early contributors/creators, which holds the price down.  

1 hour ago, Wandering_Dog said:

There is an oversupply of XRP, namely sales from Ripple itself and early contributors/creators, which holds the price down.  

If this is the confirmed case we are dealing with a suppression scheme, that when small time investors in large numbers put in money Ripple / contributors / creators line their pockets with our money by selling. Keeping the price down. No wonder XRP don’t move.

12 hours ago, GoldenGoose said:
19 hours ago, GiddyUp said:

Maybe you're joking, and I missed an earlier discussion or something. Back when BTC was $1, your statement would have been true. If you buy a million dollars of it at $9,000 apiece (approximately 111 BTC), you make or lose a million dollars with every $9,000 move up or down. For every $1 move, you would have about $111.00 in unrealized gains/losses until you sell some/all of it. Put another way, Bilbo Baggins would have eleventy-one dollars at stake with each $1 move up or down.

Hahaha of course, I was thinking of # of Bitcoins, so the 111 BTC would net the whale $66,600 on that $600 move. That's not so much :lol:

On 6/16/2019 at 7:35 PM, xrp_is_love_xrp_is_life said:

The last huge moment did last about one month, but this one is already going on for 6 months, and there are no signs of stopping.

And it's not only bitcoin, but also eth, litecoin, bitcoin cash and eon go up like mad, so why doesn't xrp follow that hype?

i wish that i would have swaped my xrp's for any of the above since januari, because i sure missed out alot of profit alright

by keep on betting on the same horse that seems to be in a coma.