Sign in to follow this  
codiusrex

XRP Price on the Way to $1 Long-Term Target: When to Expect a Fantastic Breakout?

30 minutes ago, Roaring_Twenties said:

Looking forward to the onslaught of global FOMO

:drinks:cheers to that my friend , for you , for me , for everybody 

Song starts slow ( like XRP now ) , then it's party time and everyone is happy ( XRP soon ) great movie. Get ya bayther's ready for a jet ski on that Texas pond :D

23 minutes ago, Truckdriver said:

Song starts slow ( like XRP now ) , then it's party time and everyone is happy ( XRP soon ) great movie.

Hahaha! What a great analogy! Agreed. It starts out slow and eventually everyone’s in on it.

Gosh... I don’t think I’ve seen that movie many times since I first watched it in 1980. Still a classic flick in my mind. And an A-list cast to boot: Akroid, Belushi, Ray Charles, Aretha, Carrie Fisher, James Brown and John Candy to name a few. Thanks for the flashback!

13 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

f these whales run out of money before the general public come in to support them  BTC will crash and it will drag XRP down with it far faster than it carried XRP up to .42, so I am preparing myself to watch my investment go back down to .25 or less.

My first reaction to your post right now was one of excitement and that’s probably contrary and viewed as unsettling to most.

Then when I read your beliefs on becoming worth as much as $50 to $300 at some point my excitement grows even more. To buy more in a “crash” is exactly what I’ll do. Selling below $10 isn’t even a need nor will it possibly ever be a need. At $30 or so it becomes massively  enriching so I hope the “gambling risk taking BTC whales” push their bets far enough to realize the truth behind BTC, bring about a new XRP sale price, and XRP begins to be valued based on what it is and what it can do.

Exciting and potentially turbulent times ahead. We’re a good way into Brad’s marathon at least. 

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Roaring_Twenties said:

My first reaction to your post right now was one of excitement and that’s probably contrary and viewed as unsettling to most.

Then when I read your beliefs on becoming worth as much as $50 to $300 at some point my excitement grows even more. To buy more in a “crash” is exactly what I’ll do. Selling below $10 isn’t even a need nor will it possibly ever be a need. At $30 or so it becomes massively  enriching so I hope the “gambling risk taking BTC whales” push their bets far enough to realize the truth behind BTC, bring about a new XRP sale price, and XRP begins to be valued based on what it is and what it can do.

Exciting and potentially turbulent times ahead. We’re a good way into Brad’s marathon at least. 

I am inexperienced in crypto investment and my musing is that of an outsider. My message is that whale manipulation will create unpredictable turbulence.  Susan Athey is a director her Ripple and I believe her study is likely to be the one that Ripple present to banks, but is is all speculation and speculation is often wildly outside the mark. So keep your investment budget within the parameters of your own budget.

Edited by Julian_Williams

Crypto investors are the only people who can be up 25% over 6 months and be bummed because things just aren't moving.... :)

I notice today that XRP/USD shorts are back down to the historic lows. This signifies, imho, a new floor for XRP price...and it's just based primarily on general crypto market sentiment. People are looking elsewhere at the moment for trades, both short and long. XRP will continue to complete the triangle it's been working on for months, and then move very suddenly much higher. A buck is easy. Three bucks is possible. Ten bucks is possible......NOBODY KNOWS.

I've seen charts like XRP before. It's news driven, but the usual news is not enough right now. Game changing news is coming, I expect. It will be the hodlrs this time who catch the elevator. Those who wait to get in until they see it moving will miss most of it. jmho.

21 hours ago, dr_ed said:

I notice today that XRP/USD shorts are back down to the historic lows. This signifies, imho, a new floor for XRP price...and it's just based primarily on general crypto market sentiment. 

I also saw longs growing, but doesn't that make XRP price vulnerable to a long squeeze instead of a growth? Or could it quickly squeeze and then boom?

Anytime price is rising, shorts can pile on. But times of extremely low short interest tend to coincide with bottoms, imho.

Short interest in XRP is low because the big gains in BTC and LTC and others offer more downside for short side players to exploit in a volatile downside move.

15 minutes ago, dr_ed said:

Anytime price is rising, shorts can pile on. But times of extremely low short interest tend to coincide with bottoms, imho.

Short interest in XRP is low because the big gains in BTC and LTC and others offer more downside for short side players to exploit in a volatile downside move.

And, speaking from my own experience, people shorting gets terrified by the price movements after losing a lot of money, make a u-turn and go long instead. Small-time people like myself (damn, why didn't I turn around before) :D

2 minutes ago, GoldenGoose said:

Shorts are almost entirely seasonal. You'll see a lot more of them, now that it's summertime. :tease:

I wear them all year, that's Thailand for you :)

Traders always have a plan, and cut their losses on losing shorts (or longs)  at a pre-determined level. Good traders are not afraid to go short anytime the set-up is there. 

But.....in a raging bull market, going short is dangerous. And without stops that actually work, you can get killed.

Shorting is a strategy for falling markets or when it looks like the whole market is overstretched to the upside and topping. In this market going short is a little like trying to pick up pennies off the street in front of a steamroller. But generally the higher the market gets, the more people will risk shorting.

1 minute ago, Sirbergan said:

I wear them all year, that's Thailand for you :)

Austin too, most days. People wear shorts to the opera here.

The co-owner of my company ( and even my wife) has given up on asking me to wear a suit when I (once a year or so) visit the office, I'm done sweating like a pig just to keep up appearances. I'll wear shorts anywhere, and I don't care what anyone thinks about it anymore.

Sign in to follow this