What is a good online shool for a B.S. in Computer Science.

40 minutes ago, peanut56 said:

Yes I know this is the wrong forum. I saw all of the zero replies in the off-topic section, and thought i might get in a little trouble, but I also increase the probability, of decent recommendation by asking in the technical section.

https://www.google.com/search?q=What+is+a+good+online+shool+for+a+B.S.+in+Computer+Science&rlz=1C1CHBD_en-GBGB776GB776&oq=What+is+a+good+online+shool+for+a+B.S.+in+Computer+Science&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i60l2&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

I don't think this is off topic, per se. We are all in the digital asset space watching it evolve. Perhaps wrong sections of the forum, but mods can fix that.

To answer your question, I would't so much be worried about a certificate. In fact, if you are a badass coder, nobody will care if you have a piece of paper that proves it. Your code will.

There are so many schools you can check out. Depends on the languages you want to learn and what you want to accomplish. You looking to build web apps? Then try a school like Thinkful. Looking at blockchain development? Perhaps you learn Haskell (Cardano), JavaScript (XRPL/Codius), Solidity (Ethereum), or just C++. 

There are also places like CodeSchool, CodeAcademy, KhanAcademy etc. Even Udemy has phenomenal courses. Just pick what you want to do, and Google around that and you'll find something.

T800. I got google. The issue is the last time I filled out something with one of those sites, I had telemarketers bothering me for two years, three to four times a day. I was just curious if someone had personal experience.

Edited by peanut56
more intel.

I've graduated with a BS and  Masters in Computer Engineering and I'll say that I have learned 90% of my coding skills through various sources online such as CourseHero, Lynda and even Youtube. I wouldn't say that my university provided inadequate learning materials but, I found that knowledge was more readily obtainable by a quick google search.

Moving forward, do a S.W.O.T analysis of yourself to allow you to efficiently plan your personal education. Set goals, deadlines and keep yourself motivated!

If you find it difficult to spearhead your own education. Maybe you can check out some of these online coding bootcamps to get your started.

34 minutes ago, seXRPL said:

I've graduated with a BS and  Masters in Computer Engineering and I'll say that I have learned 90% of my coding skills through various sources online such as CourseHero, Lynda and even Youtube. I wouldn't say that my university provided inadequate learning materials but, I found that knowledge was more readily obtainable by a quick google search.

Moving forward, do a S.W.O.T analysis of yourself to allow you to efficiently plan your personal education. Set goals, deadlines and keep yourself motivated!

If you find it difficult to spearhead your own education. Maybe you can check out some of these online coding bootcamps to get your started.

Good answer. Online resources, and even non-degree programs are often better than a true BS from a university. Treehouse is great, for example.

If a BS degree is a requirement for you, I highly recommend the Harvard Extension School. Completely online degree program, with on-campus options if you are interested.